What famous person could narrate Spaceship Earth as well as Jeremy Irons?

The Incredible Schmulk

Morgan Freeman or Richard Attenborough were the first two to come to mind for me, like so many others on this thread, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that David Hasselhoff would be the perfect fit. But only if he sings.

jharvey

I think many (but not all) would agree that the Spaceship Earth narration by Jeremy Irons was the best one. That's not to say that the current one with Judi Dench is bad, but I feel that her rendition of it lacks the "wonder" of the subject the way Irons' reading did. What celebrities do you think may be a good replacement for Dench (if they ever go another way again)?

Here's my list (so far):
James Earl Jones
Michael Caine
Alec Baldwin
Kelsey Grammar
Helen Mirren

Don draper...
Gene Hackman
Alec Baldwin

And this one is a little out there but Nick Nolte. The man sounds like he has gargled rocks for the last decade and it is very distinct.

J03Y

i just want to hear Jane Lynch talking into my ear and insult my intelligence about my planet's history the way she does as Sue Sylvester. is that too much to ask for, Disney?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Not alive any more but I’d like to see the same style narration used on horizons who were voiced by Bob Holt and Dena Dietrich for Spaceship Earths narration.

G00fyDad

Got the perfect person!

GIF by Paramount Movies

Raidermatt

Just bring back Irons.

To me he was by far the best. Cronkite was good, but he read it like a journalist, which is to be expected. Dench's problem I think is in the direction she was given. It comes off as condescending, almost like she is reading a children's book to Romper Room.

But Irons had the perfect dramatic emphasis and hit all the right notes.

Patrick Stewart would also be a good choice. Others I would be interested in giving a chance:

Liam Neeson
Kiefer Sutherland
Samuel L Jackson (especially if we go R-rated, lol)

If we want to go off the grid, I'd like to hear Will Arnet give it a shot.

Regardless, that whole back section needs to be re-done.

WDWmazprty

Idris Elba, Paul Bettany, Peter Cullen, Ray Stevenson if he was alive, Brian KOCHS...it won't let me spell his name the correct way 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom