What famous person could narrate Spaceship Earth as well as Jeremy Irons?

Cosmic Commando

Awesome idea! But with Vic Perrin, Walter Cronkite and Jeremy Irons and Judi Dench.

And where the old narrations relate to removed scenes, they could show the scenes / something else relevant on the tv screen.

I want you in charge of giving SSE a Star Tours-esque makeover! It'll be a new ride every time, and the guests gets to pick what kind of ride. Feeling inspired? Get an old narration. Young children aboard? Use the Sesame Street narration.
If I ever win the lotto(I don't play, so it's even harder!), I'll sponsor SSE so that I can make it happen! The idea of having a special narration for little kids is great! You could have other specialized narrators, too... one that explains the actual scenes more for the blind, for example. It makes so much sense, it kinda pains me that it'll never happen. That is some serious re-rideability, though.

Cosmic Commando

Actually, I think Terry Jones would be an interesting pick. I've heard him do serious voice-over work before, and it was really good. With his background, he would be great at delivering the humor that many people think falls flat now. Plus, everything sounds better with a British accent. John Cleese would work along these same lines. Plus, Cleese was the narrator for the last Winnie the Pooh movie, so he has a relationship with Disney.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If he were still living Ronald Reagan given his long ties to the The Disney Company.

But since thats not possible......Larry the Cable Guy.

"Monks toiled away.......get 'er done!"

rodserling27

Hahah some of these suggestions are hilarious! Suggestions like Fran Drescher, Peter Griffin...and Gilbert Gottfried, I cracked up laughing at the thought of him narrating!

In all seriousness, how about Ringo Starr? I always thought he did a great job narrating the original Thomas the Tank Engine stories on "Shining Time Station."

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmmm....I'm liking Neeson.
Anybody that can handle that many wolves could surely survive a mob of Epcot fans.

wolf359

Or track down his daughter from a recorded cell phone call.

Which proves the skill in the writing is at least as important (if not more so) as the narrator and I think brings us full circle to the Judi Dench narration; the problem isn't her, it is the script she is reading and the director's choice of a more upbeat and conversational tone that is so off-putting to many. If the new script and the style in which it is read hadn't been such a contrast to the more mysterious Irons narration I don't think we'd see more than a tiny percentage of the complaints currently thrown at the 2007 version.

WED Purist

I would like to hear a new script, with Sir Anthony Hopkins narrating. And yes, he's a good enough actor to not sound like Hannibal Lechter.

Bob Saget

Stacey ("coming in at #10 on our must-include history of communications...the phonecians. Look at all the lazy letters in the lazy alphabet"). That is all.
Haha gotta love Stacey from the tourist info channel. Yes, it would go very wrong for SSE.

"This unknown Egyptian pounding reeds flat....he's cute."

"Here in Europe monks toil endlessly recording books by hand. Way to get your toil on."

"It's a triple-scholar whammy! Arabic scholars, Jewish scholars, Grecian scholars. Wham! Wham! Wham!"

ScorpionX

Hahah some of these suggestions are hilarious! Suggestions like Fran Drescher, Peter Griffin...and Gilbert Gottfried, I cracked up laughing at the thought of him narrating!

In all seriousness, how about Ringo Starr? I always thought he did a great job narrating the original Thomas the Tank Engine stories on "Shining Time Station."
Ringo Starr died some years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom