What famous person could narrate Spaceship Earth as well as Jeremy Irons?

FettFan

It’s interesting how few women have been suggested. I wonder if one of the reasons people seem not to like Dame Judy’s narration as much as her predecessors’ is the preference for male voices in these kinds of roles.

Dame Judi’s narration skills are perfectly fine.

Sadly, the script she was hired to record is suited more for an episode of Sesame Street than for an inspirational tour of human history.

It also doesn’t help that her name will forever be linked to the current incarnation’s horrible finale.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Paul McCartney
Better hurry...
1695653125048.jpeg

Monkee Girl

Tom Hiddleston. But I'm debating with myself if I want a serious English thespian Tom Hiddleston or for him to come in and be Loki taking over the Spaceship Earth and pretty much sarcastically retelling his version of our events the way only Loki can. Damn I wish Marvel was allowed in the parks, lol.

Robbiem

It’s interesting how few women have been suggested. I wonder if one of the reasons people seem not to like Dame Judy’s narration as much as her predecessors’ is the preference for male voices in these kinds of roles.

studies on the London tube showed people listen more to a male voice and switch off more to a female voice - thats why the ‘next station’ type announcements are female and the safety ‘mind the gap’ type ones male

Basil of Baker Street

I think many (but not all) would agree that the Spaceship Earth narration by Jeremy Irons was the best one. That's not to say that the current one with Judi Dench is bad, but I feel that her rendition of it lacks the "wonder" of the subject the way Irons' reading did. What celebrities do you think may be a good replacement for Dench (if they ever go another way again)?

Here's my list (so far):
James Earl Jones
Michael Caine
Alec Baldwin
Kelsey Grammar
Helen Mirren
I think Kelsey Grammar would be perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom