What famous person could narrate Spaceship Earth as well as Jeremy Irons?

Luigi

If we had to go with an Actor, I would say Morgan Freeman or Alec Baldwin.

But perhpas we should go back to the roots of SSE and the best narrator, Walter Cronkite.

We should look at a trusted newsman who voice and name we trust in giving us this history of communication. I know this sounds like I am setting up a joke, but I am not.

I would suggest: Charlie Rose or Jim Lehrer

mollydtt

Put those touch screens to good use and let people pick their narrator! Then there would be room for Patrick Stewart, Neil deGrasse Tyson, James Earl Jones, etc. You could even have hidden menus to access the old narrations and some "interesting" ones like angry Sam Jackson.

That is a good idea. My daughter and I ended up picking different languages when we came back, since we were bored with the only English choice.
I agree with many of the choices posted here.

ScorpionX

But perhpas we should go back to the roots of SSE and the best narrator, Walter Cronkite.
There was actually a version before the Walter Cronkite version, with Larry Dobkins narrating.

Anyways, we could could have Eric Cartman or Beavis & Butthead narrate the ride.

The Empress Lilly

There was actually a version before the Walter Cronkite version, with Larry Dobkins narrating.
Dobkins? I don't know who he is, but I don't think he narrated SSE. The version before Cronkite was Vic Perrin.

...then they dumbed EPCOT down in 86 by replacing Perrin with the big celeb Cronkite, who narrated a dumbed down text and from there ot kept going downhill etc etc :lookarou

ScorpionX

Dobkins? I don't know who he is, but I don't think he narrated SSE. The version before Cronkite was Vic Perrin.

...then they dumbed EPCOT down in 86 by replacing Perrin with the big celeb Cronkite, who narrated a dumbed down text and from there ot kept going downhill etc etc :lookarou
There's actually much debate over whether Vic Perrin or Larry Dobkins narrated the 1982 version of the ride. Internet sources say Perrin while the Imagineers claim it to be Dobkins.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
There's actually much debate over whether Vic Perrin or Larry Dobkins narrated the 1982 version of the ride. Internet sources say Perrin while the Imagineers claim it to be Dobkins.

Yeah, specifically Marty Sklar claimed it was Larry Dobkins during an interview he gave that was on the Cast Member's Portal a few years back.

My theory is that both of them read for it and Marty just didn't remember who got the nod.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Does anyone feel like doing an impression of the ride as someone famous and post it as an audio file? We could play it while watching a video of the ride-thru (say, from martinsvids.net for example)

I'd be willing to volunteer if someone is interested :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom