What Extinct Attraction Do You Miss The Most

Testtrack321

I REALLY miss The Timekeeper. It's the one attraction in the Magic Kingdom that I have the fondest memories of.

God, how can I forget Timekeeper. One of the funniest attractions in any park and had some of the most spectacular shots ever.

And don't get me started on how much I despise the Laugh Floor.

My agreeing with you ends here. :lol:

atsolomon

I miss Timekeeper as well, not only because it was a great attraction, but also it represented a non-ironic commitment to the future as being a better place than today.

I've been to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor once and I did think it was funny, but it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland.

"If You Had Wings", the precursor to Delta Dreamflight -- I think it was either no tickets or it was an A ticket or something. I remember riding it many times with my parents during my first visit to WDW back in the days of ticket books.

20K was awesome. I thought that Disneyland's Magic Kingdom had a rethemed version, no?

--Adam

The visions we offer our children shape the future. It matters what those visions are. Often they become self-fulfilling prophecies. Dreams are maps. (Carl Sagan)

atsolomon

Also, the Millennium Village pavilion during the 2000 celebration at EPCOT. What a great idea to get a bit of so many different countries under one roof.

Will Eritrea ever again be represented at Disney? ;-)

mickey2008.1

20000 leagues! and old buena vista village, currently DTD. Not comparable, but i remember it as a kid. Jeesh, i just remember the original magic kingdom, and then EPCOT. The originals. But i love them all now!!!

sorcerergoofy

I REALLY miss The Timekeeper. It's the one attraction in the Magic Kingdom that I have the fondest memories of.

And don't get me started on how much I despise the Laugh Floor.

I miss The Timekeeper too! I'm not that big a fan of the Laugh Floor either, but I do think it is a great attraction for younger children.

Evil Genius

This could be a lengthy post, but I'm going to keep it brief.

MK:
200O Leagues
Alien Encounter
Original Tiki Room
Mission to Mars

Epcot:
JII and original Imageworks-this one makes me the saddest
Original Living Seas
Food Rocks

DHS:
Original Backlot Tour

Spike-in-Berlin

The Enchanted Tiki Room. To me it's dead as if it would have been demolished. The "new management" totally destroyed the magic of this classic and has nothing to do with the tiki style atmosphere that was originally intended and Iago is the perhaps most annoying character in the history of WDW. I only visited the show once "under new managment" and I had the strong urge to climb up to the AA and rip it to pieces.

But I still hope, that the new management will land on a ladies hat or in some cooking pot in the next years because the original show at DL is a big success since its refurb and the UNM-version is one of the least popular attractions in the entire MK. And I won't even talk about any "stitch"es.

Concerning the true extinct attractions that are gone completely I miss Horizons most although I understand that the ride was severely outdated and I am only sad that they didn't build the entire Space-Pavillon as it was originally planned but sized it down in typical Eisner-manner to a simple centrifuge-ride.

Flip83

Original Poster
Horizons was a cool ride. And the Delta DreamFlight, I mean wow. I forgot about that. It's been sooo long, I was so young last time I rode that. The Buzz ride is fun though, but I think now it's lost so much, since the TSM in Hollywood Studios is one of the best new rides Disney has.

I haaated Body Wars. I usually love those kinda rides, but that one just flat out made me queezy. Rides never do that to me either. I have an easier time on Mission Space than Body Wars.

And back to TTA, it's such a minor detail, but why change the voice. It makes no sense. That'd be like changing the voice to Haunted Mansion (My all time favorite ride) I would lose my mind if they did that.

MarkTwain

Attractions that I actually remember and miss from my childhood:
Original Journey into Imagination
World of Motion
Timekeeperf
The Disney Village (now Downtown Disney Marketplace)

Attractions I never witnessed/don't remember, but really wish would come back to WDW:
Tropical Serenade (aka original Enchanted Tiki Room)
Horizons
20,000 Leagues

10Magic

My favorite was always "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Play It!". I realize it had run its course, but I really miss trying to get to the Hot Seat! I'd spend hours there. Sorry it's gone.

Iris

I know this won't be a popular choice with Canadians, but I miss the original O Canada film in Epcot. Yes, I know it had become outdated, but it was the attraction I looked forward to the most at Epcot. For some reason, the ending song with the montage of beautiful scenery got to me.

Dukeblue1227

Oh yes, I will add the TTA (old version). We went last December when it opened again and it was stupid. We missed the old version so much. I dont know why they changed it. My brother in Law will be so mad when we go this December haha

:eek:

Sorry if this got addressed further down in the thread, but this gave me a mini panic attack...

WHAT DID THEY DO TO TTA?!?!

It's my favorite ride down there to just kick my feet up and relax.....

Oh and I miss Alien Encounter the most.

janoimagine

:eek:

Sorry if this got addressed further down in the thread, but this gave me a mini panic attack...

WHAT DID THEY DO TO TTA?!?!

It's my favorite ride down there to just kick my feet up and relax.....

Oh and I miss Alien Encounter the most.

Not much really, but they did change the narration.

Evil Genius

I remember really liking Mission to Mars when I was younger.

Others I miss:

Kitchen Caberet
Cranium Command
El Rio Del Tiempo
2K Leagues Under the Sea

dxwwf3

I know this won't be a popular choice with Canadians, but I miss the original O Canada film in Epcot. Yes, I know it had become outdated, but it was the attraction I looked forward to the most at Epcot. For some reason, the ending song with the montage of beautiful scenery got to me.

I thought it was the best attraction in World Showcase. I loved the music and narration. The current show is ok and the updated song turned out very well, but it isn't as good as the original to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom