What Extinct Attraction Do You Miss The Most

docandsix

Truthfully, not much.

It's interesting reading this thread and thinking about how little I do miss. This suggests to me that WDW is better now than I am often inclined to believe when I'm ruminating about current shortfalls in upkeep.

I guess that entire side of Epcot, Horizons, World of Motion, and Wonders of Life (esp. Cranium Command) would be my first thought.

Can I count the original, fully functional version of Expedition Everest?

rodserling27

I couldn't agree more... Just check my name and avatar. :D

In case you haven't seen it... You might like to check out this site:

http://20kride.com/

A bit of content on that site added by myself as well. :cool:

Edit to add: Don't forget... There's still a 20K ride on this planet... In Disney Sea in Japan. It's the "dry for wet" technology, and has a different plot line, and you probably won't understand a word they're saying... But it's still a great, updated ride. Lots of fun!!

Yes, that 20k site is the best on the 'net!! It's really well put together. Kudos to you for helping put it together!

Also, I'd love to get to Disney Sea in Tokyo, but I don't forsee that happening any time soon. I'll be out at Disneyland hopefully next summer, then I can check out the Finding Nemo version of the subs.

MK - Mr. Toad and Alien Encounter
DHS - Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and the part of the backlot tour where you got to see the house from Golden Girls :D. (Are those fake houses still there? Is there anyway to see them?)
Epcot - Body Wars
I'm pretty sure the houses were demolished :shrug::cry:

Buried20KLeague

it's a tossup between the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown & Christmas Special.

They're still playing the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown at Tokyo Disneyland!! It looked and sounded great!

Sure... You won't understand about 90% of what they're saying... :lookaroun

But the music, along with the occasional English choruses to songs made it worth the while!

And those Japanese sure seemed to love the Western music... Singing along to the whole show and everything. It was great.

I agree with everything mentioned, but want to add the old Diamond Horseshoe Revue show into the mix. I remember back in the 80s it was difficult to get a seat . . . we waited years for the opportunity to see it, and I haven't seen a show there in forever. But, if I want a hot dog, I think I can get one there during peak times.

erasure fan1

It's interesting reading this thread and thinking about how little I do miss. This suggests to me that WDW is better now than I am often inclined to believe when I'm ruminating about current shortfalls in upkeep.

Its funny I was feeling the same way a bit as I have been reading this thread. I do miss some things but its more from a nostalgic point I think. I dont mind the new things they have added or the things they have updated. If I had to pick one I would say that I miss horizons the most.

WDW-Crazy

-Original Journey Into Imagination
-World of Motion
-Skyway
-TTA (1994-2009 version)
-Spaceship Earth (1994-2007 version - although I haven't ridden the Judi Dench version yet, I will be this Sept, but from what I have heard, the score will dearly be missed the most)

RoRo

The old ImageWorks and Journey Into Imagination. Also WoL and some things here and there like the old Club Cool, Residential Street, TTA narration, glowing rockets and visible load station in Space Mountain, old Lego Store, and working Yeti.

mp2bill

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride too. The Winnie the Pooh ride is just a psychadelic ride for people on acid (or wanting to know what it feels like to be on acid).

I also wish they still had Body Wars. Does anybody know which ride actually replaced that? I might not be so upset if it's a better ride.

But my most missed extinct attraction is River Country. Stupid Florida for outlawing natural water waterparks!

Little Green Men

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride too. The Winnie the Pooh ride is just a psychadelic ride for people on acid (or wanting to know what it feels like to be on acid).

I also wish they still had Body Wars. Does anybody know which ride actually replaced that? I might not be so upset if it's a better ride.

But my most missed extinct attraction is River Country. Stupid Florida for outlawing natural water waterparks!
They didn't replace it. It just sits there empty, while the main building is used for special events sometimes.

Jasonflz

I REALLY miss The Timekeeper. It's the one attraction in the Magic Kingdom that I have the fondest memories of.

And don't get me started on how much I despise the Laugh Floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom