What Extinct Attraction Do You Miss The Most

Buried20KLeague

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The most imaginitive and best-themed attraction I have EVER been on. It makes me very sad and nostalgic, actually, to think about the fact that this thing no longer exists. I agree that "Imagination" and SGE blow, don't get me wrong, but they were just re-themes of older rides. Disney made at least a half-hearted effort, as horrible as the effort was. And there were reasons for shutting them down and changing them. The same goes for "Horizons," and "World of Motion," or "Mr. Toad."

But no, not for my precious 20k. Close it and never speak of it again. Don't re-theme, don't even attempt to explain why it sat there for a decade, untouched. They didnt' even make an effort to put something there. I would have rather had a half-hearted effort to retheme it than to just let it rot the way it did. A most unfitting ending to the most amazing ride in the world.

I dream of the days where I would wait in that infamously long and hot queue, anxiously awaiting the fantastic submarine to pull up. ::sigh:: :(

I couldn't agree more... Just check my name and avatar. :D

In case you haven't seen it... You might like to check out this site:

http://20kride.com/

A bit of content on that site added by myself as well. :cool:

Edit to add: Don't forget... There's still a 20K ride on this planet... In Disney Sea in Japan. It's the "dry for wet" technology, and has a different plot line, and you probably won't understand a word they're saying... But it's still a great, updated ride. Lots of fun!!

Dave Disney

MK - Mr. Toad and 20K for sure I'm always hoping they'll surprise me and announce they're coming back

EPCOT - Horizons and Body Wars...classics

sorcerergoofy

MK - Mr. Toad and Alien Encounter
DHS - Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and the part of the backlot tour where you got to see the house from Golden Girls :D. (Are those fake houses still there? Is there anyway to see them?)
Epcot - Body Wars

devoy1701

Don't knock me for missing this particular incarnation of the attraction, but I have very fond memories of Delta Dream Flight and would have to say that I miss that extinct attraction more than any others.

Chrononymous

I really really miss Kitchen Kaberet

That silly kitchy show always made me laugh hard. And it was nice to see something so retro as a traditional 30's style vaudville show (albeit about food groups) in Disney.

Not to be confused with Food Rocks...which was ok, but not nearly as fun for me.

and of course, there's...Imagination.
Oh The Travesty...

TinkerBelle8878

Horizons

the original Journey into Imagination with Figment and Dreamfinder

Kitchen Kabaret- Anyone else think its ironic that now with all the empasis on healthy eating and diet that both this and the Wonders of Life are gone? This was such a great show. Still got a placemat and my Mr. Tomato plushie. Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit forever! :D

World of Motion- I wish there would've been a way to do both this and Test Track. The history of Transportation and then how cars are tested today.

If You had Wings/Delta Dreamflight

I'm a big omnimover fan. Not a fan of coasters, flumes or drops.

JWG

1) Original Imagination (Figgy 1.0 problems and all)
2) Cronkite SSE
3) Horizons
4) Alien Encounter

That probably changes depending on the day of the week... I still feel the Cronkite SSE was the best (I know everyone else likes the Irons version).
Funny, 3 of 4 at EPCOT where we should welcome and embrace change. Maybe if they'd get a good change going.... :rolleyes:

Hrudey3032

Mine would be:

1-Horizons
2-World of Motion
3-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
4-Skyway(Glad I was one of the last people to ride this in Oct 1999 as it had been 12 years since I had ridden it last)

Rides that have been replaced but have same name I miss:

1-Spaceship Earth Irons edition.That was my all time favorite ride.
2-Journey into Imagination
3-TTA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom