What Do ...

kcnole

DDK stands for Disney's Dining Kit. The new dining plan allows you to bring in your own bread and meat for only 30 dollars in which you can design your own magical sandwich for lunch.

Its a great deal.

Future Guy

DDK stands for Disney's Dining Kit. The new dining plan allows you to bring in your own bread and meat for only 30 dollars in which you can design your own magical sandwich for lunch.

Its a great deal.

Yes! I'm sure that's what it is. And the RFID chip is embedded in the meat as a way of determining how many people go to the bathroom on property.

WDW1974

Original Poster
There is a lot of substance in that OP.

I don't know much more, but I do know enough to fill in some blanks ... and I will, but I'd like to toss it out first and see what transpires and help Steve pay his holiday bills by pushing up the post/hit counts before I spill on what I know and what I believe it means.

Besides, I'm back in the real world and actually have to um ... what do they call it? ... oh yeah ... work.

But there really is a lot there.

Oh, and before I forget, Small World will be going down for a major rehab early in 2010 with the major purpose being changing the queue (back?) to improve capacity and flow. This apparently was just decided on.

There's also strong talk of private hard ticket parties for Valentine's Day (something Disney actually did in the 1980s) as some at TDO believe it's the next big holiday season they can own/merchandise/SELL, SELL, SELL like Christmas and Halloween.

But neither has anything to do with the OP.

Interesting responses so far.

EPCOT Explorer

There is a lot of substance in that OP.

I don't know much more, but I do know enough to fill in some blanks ... and I will, but I'd like to toss it out first and see what transpires and help Steve pay his holiday bills by pushing up the post/hit counts before I spill on what I know and what I believe it means.

Besides, I'm back in the real world and actually have to um ... what do they call it? ... oh yeah ... work.

But there really is a lot there.

Oh, and before I forget, Small World will be going down for a major rehab early in 2010 with the major purpose being changing the queue (back?) to improve capacity and flow. This apparently was just decided on.

There's also strong talk of private hard ticket parties for Valentine's Day (something Disney actually did in the 1980s) as some at TDO believe it's the next big holiday season they can own/merchandise/SELL, SELL, SELL like Christmas and Halloween.

But neither has anything to do with the OP.

Interesting responses so far.
Great.:rolleyes::lol: What could they possibly do for VD?

Magical Lovey Dovey Fireworks? :hurl::lookaroun

s8film40

$1B is an odd number. Too big for an attraction---and probably even a new land. Too small for a gate. For perspective: it's the number being devoted to DCA's overhaul.

$1 Billion is how much Animal Kingdom cost to build, it is also how much the huge Monorail/Transportation expansion plan in 2000 was supposed to cost. So I would hope that this is something on that scale.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
$1 Billion is how much Animal Kingdom cost to build, it is also how much the huge Monorail/Transportation expansion plan in 2000 was supposed to cost. So I would hope that this is something on that scale.
With more than a decades worth of inflation and some dramatic rises in material cost it is incredibly doubtful that either could be pulled off for even close to the same amount of money today.

Mr.EPCOT

It is also around how much DCA cost to build.

If I remember right, it's how much the whole Disneyland Resort expansion cost, which also included Downtown Disney, Grand Californian, parking garage, conversion of the Disneyland Pacific Hotel into the Paradise Pier Hotel, etc.

Figment1986

Jim MacPhee.

One billion dollars.

RFID tech.

And the initials DDK have in common?

Yeah, this is a good one ...

Happy Holidays!:xmas:

Lets see.. Jim's new title is VP of WDW parks and next gen experience... so he must be working with WDI on RFID tech that was rumored to be the next gen concept where your ticket would have a chip and your name may be used in a ride... (like on SSE, or mission space... or even characters saying your name on rides...)

DDK.. K might mean kingdom... D might mean Disney, but the other D i cannot figure out... and thats a lot of money into research and implementation for RFID...

how close am I?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom