What do your think should go into the 20K area?

RSoxNo1

Wow, 6 pages and Harry Potter has yet to be mentioned.

That being said, I'm among those that believe that any ride could not be more than two stories because construction would "ruin the magic" in an area populated predominately by young children. I can't invision a mountain being built here, or any type of coaster for that matter. That being said, we've learned that a ride doesn't have to be a coaster to be a thrill ride. Be it Spiderman at IOA Dinosaur at AK or the Indy Adventure in Disneyland, there are alternatives to E-Ticket attractions.

donsullivan

Premium Member
For all of those looking for some new major investment in the MK, step back to the complaints of last year about the poor maintenence, reduced cleanliness, etc.. We were all complaining that the place was dirty, the paint was peeling, etc.. WDW has been making some major progress in this area and I'd certainly encourage them to keep going. Right now restoring the luster to the parks is the best possible investment that can be made for the long term success of the brand.

Of course they are looking at new attractions all the time and there are probably at least half a dozen possibilities for the area of the MK previously occupied by 2K. I've always been under the impression that the 100 Acre Wood was a relatively small investment use of that space. Over time when the economics are right and the timing is right, there is very little throw-away investment to putting something more substantial in that space later.

While something new is always nice, I really don't think MK needs that sort of investment right now. With all of the other things in the pipeline around the property, there is certainly a significant amount of new stuff coming in the next couple of years.

I.M.Fearless

Try this on for size: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Yep. Bring back one of the most widely missed Fantasyland attractions, but kick it up a few dozen notches in the process. Give it inclines (so it's not just a flat ride anymore), increase the speed, maybe even add steering wheels so that guests can kinda control the insanity. Just a weird idea.

P.S.
STITCH RULES!
:p

welovewdw

I love Emperor's New Groove... Hilarious!:lol:

But I really can't think of anything you could have based on that movie.

How about a prehistoric land where we can view Imagineers...:cry: thanks Eisner.

I think anything based on the villans would be great but then you would get soooooo many complaints about "it's scared my kids!! Disney is horrible!"

KumbaRider

Any Villain themed attraction would be great, however, I personally feel that a forest-based ride with a great story would be the most fun. That way the surrounding trees can accomodate and add to the area. A Robin Hood/Fantasyland dark/thrill ride would be a plus.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Well. I am sure alot of people would agree with me in saying that my personal wish would be to see 20K come back. and rumor has it that ROY may do that in the near future.

peter11435

monorail_man said:
Well. I am sure alot of people would agree with me in saying that my personal wish would be to see 20K come back. and rumor has it that ROY may do that in the near future.

:hammer:

Legacy

monorail_man said:
Because Roy has so much persuasion in the Mouse House now. :rolleyes:

Dayma

StitchCrazy626 said:
Why not place an Atlantis: The Lost Empire ride there similar to 20k??

Because the movie "tanked". Why put millions into a new ride that most people would not even be able to relate to due to the fact that they never saw the film. A good rule of thumb is dont create a ride based off a movie that was bad. Hence the reason it is Called MS not Mission to Mars :hurl:

speck76

blackride said:
Because the movie "tanked". Why put millions into a new ride that most people would not even be able to relate to due to the fact that they never saw the film. A good rule of thumb is dont create a ride based off a movie that was bad. Hence the reason it is Called MS not Mission to Mars :hurl:

you took the words right out of my mouth.....

aklodge

There were 2 Movies:
1st Movie- About 2 yrs ago
2nd- About 9 Mo.'s ago.

Those numbers are a guestamate. Estimate + Guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom