What do your think should go into the 20K area?

flFigment

the lagoon is gone now true; but there is nothing saying they can't bring back some sort of water attraction or water involved attraction. I do know the entire 20K attraction is demolished and a big dust bowl now. I just see this idea as a way for Disney to appease to a sense some critics of removing the 20k ride but also be able to keep in line with the theme of fantasy land.

Lee

Adventurer
Master Yoda said:
Don't toy with us man!!!!! What do you know!?

Know?
I don't KNOW anything....still seeking some sort of confirmation at this point.

It's just...sort of....well...call it a ripple in the Force right now, a ripple that seems to indicate that DCA might not be the only one getting Sully and Mike. :lookaroun

General Grizz

Lee said:
Know?

It's just...sort of....well...call it a ripple in the Force right now, a ripple that seems to indicate that DCA might not be the only one getting Sully and Mike. :lookaroun
*spits out water*

SPEAK!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Lee said:
Know?

The dark side clouds everything….Use the force young Jedi…..What does the future hold for us?

Snapper Bean

Lee said:
Know?

Well, that's interesting. At DCA, the Monsters, Inc. ride will essentially be an overlay onto the existing Superstar Limo ride. WDI would not be so constrained at MK.

Snapper Bean

NemoRocks78

Seized
Lee said:
Know?

Wait a second....you mention Monsters, Inc., along with a Star Wars reference....

No....that'd never happen....or would it?

njblackberry

Given the general distaste for Stitch (or, at least, the overabundance of Stitch) that I've seen in some threads, how about we combine SGE with Frontierland Shootin' Arcade and create Stitch's Shootin' Gallery. For an additional fee, you can put on a VR helmet, pick up a VR rifle, and shoot at a VR Stitch! If you miss Stitch on all attempts, you get an automatic (and mandatory) FP to SGE!

:)

NemoRocks78

Seized
^ Now that's a fantastic idea! :sohappy: :lol:

General Grizz said:
Nope...

That couldn't happen unless Stitch was in there somewhere. :D

Wait...was he talking about MI coming to MK or MGM?

I was talking about MGM....since Lee had a little Star Wars reference in his post, I thought he might have been talking about removing Star Tours for MI.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
NemoRocks said:
^ Now that's a fantastic idea! :sohappy: :lol:

Wait...was he talking about MI coming to MK or MGM?

I was talking about MGM....since Lee had a little Star Wars reference in his post, I thought he might have been talking about removing Star Tours for MI.
I thought he mentioned the force because I asked him to spill the beans.

Lee

Adventurer
NemoRocks said:
since Lee had a little Star Wars reference in his post, I thought he might have been talking about removing Star Tours for MI.

No, no.......I just talk like that.
Star Tours is safe. :animwink:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Master Yoda said:
The dark side clouds everything….Use the force young Jedi…..What does the future hold for us?

Quoting Spaceballs, You know there are two sides to every schwartz, good and bad.

Seriously, even though I think the idea is great to bring Mike and Sully to the MK. Strong movie tie in (unlike Stitch). Would the suits at Disney be willing to invest money into something created in part by a company they are severing ties with, even though Disney controls the rights to the franchise, I believe. It would be a tough call considering how well Disney/Pixar movies have done and how poorly recent Disney animations have done, and also whatever they could put in would be with the MK for a considerable time.

Wow, I guess there is the good and bad side.

Regards,
-ADN

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
monothingie said:
Quoting Spaceballs, You know there are two sides to every schwartz, good and bad.

Seriously, even though I think the idea is great to bring Mike and Sully to the MK. Strong movie tie in (unlike Stitch). Would the suits at Disney be willing to invest money into something created in part by a company they are severing ties with, even though Disney controls the rights to the franchise, I believe. It would be a tough call considering how well Disney/Pixar movies have done and how poorly recent Disney animations have done, and also whatever they could put in would be with the MK for a considerable time.

Wow, I guess there is the good and bad side.

Regards,
-ADN
If you have been to the living seas lately you will know the answer is yes.

ghostlyguitar

Actually, as for a 20k tribute, take a look at the pieces of the shipwreck in the Pirates of the Carribean line. They used to sit right next to your porthole in 20K. Or at least are identical to the ones that did, but why duplicate what they already have? I remember the last trip I took through Horizons, in the underwater scene, they had a couple props from 20K placed there. I clearly remember the octopus that had its tentacles around the shark (though the shark may not have been there anymore), bubbing back and forth. Man did they really look funky out of the water (didn't move very well, not that they were particularly articulate underwater either).

In a perfect world, we'd get 20K back. I personally would love to see 20K in its new incarnation from Tokyo DisneySea, even if it were a bit cut back in budget. I've always been a big fan of the movie, and undersea travel in general. *sigh* I miss my Nautilis!

-Adam-

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ghostly guitar - The Horizons octopus was there since 1983. Any resembalance to 20k could have been intentional but it wasn`t the same one. The TDS 20k would be a great addition to the old WDW 20k site, even more so considering its namesake, and since TDS dosn`t actually use water the lagoon issue wouldn`t matter. However, It looks like Lee knows something else... Oh, and Welcome to the boards!

monothingie - DLP is looking to build a whole mini land based on Pixar, plus there is the Monsters Inc. ride going in DCA. Since the general public will remember the Pixar films as a Disney film, not the fact Jacobs and Eisner had a fall out I don`t think that would worry them if park attendence increases.

OliveMcFly

MKCP 1985 - I really like your idea for a Hercules ride. We don't really see anything to do with Hercules in the park so I think it would be a cool ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom