What do you miss at WDW?

I3olTz

I miss the original breakfast pizzas at port orleans,horizions,world of motion,20k,the view of epcot befor they put in the leave a legacy,the many diffrent toppings at the backlot express, the original figment and dreamfinder ride, the magic journey film, all the musicial peformers at all the parks, and last but not least the passholder vip lounges. :king:

Braves323

-Swan Boat rides near the castle
-Skyway
-bread bowls at Columbia Harbor House
-pizza at Epcot at the Electric Umbrella (it used to be great with big tomato chunks)
-original Mickey ice cream bars
-15 year celebration (I won a light up visor)
-Mr. Toad
-Original Journey into Imagination
-I will miss WWTBAM
-20000 Leagues Under the Sea
-canoe ride near Tom Sawyer's Island
-fireworks at MGM with music from the movies
-being able to see the Chinese Theatre without the pin trading hat in front of it
-Spaceship Earth without the big wand

jmvd20

Horizons, WoM, and the Skyway.

What I miss the most though is being a kid and not having to foot the bill for going to WDW.:cry:

Chape19714

-The old Splash Mountain Enterance, before Fastpass
-Mr. Toad
-Castle Cake (kidding)
-The Enchanted Tiki Room under original management
-Skyway
-WoL
-Food Rocks, although I like Soarin' better!
-The orig. Golden Horseshoe Saloon Review (with the help of or starring Betty Taylor, Donald Novis, and Wally Boag, can't you tell by the signiture?)
-Time of your life on CoP
-Cinderella's Surprise Celebration (i know, not the best show, but better then Cindybration. It better come back after 50 yom!)
-ToT 1
-Horizions

ryguy

Original Poster
Your responses have been great so far!!
I totally miss the name Dixie Landings, it still ticks me off they changed it. I still believe they changed it because the French Quarter was doing poorly. (Prior to the Hurricane) They want people to be confused so they can trick the poor unsuspecting souls who think the two resorts are similar.

Also miss queso fundido at the Mexican pavillion, I am glad to hear I am not the only one who really liked that dish. The only thing worse would be if they got rid of Soupa Azteca.:cry:

I am also nervous that they will be getting rid of the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. I thought I read somewhere that they are thinking about expanding Chef Mickeys and moving the restaurant downstairs. Which ultimately means a new menu, which would be sad.

I know the Contemporary's game room is still big, but imagine that game room with a shooting gallery and a movie theatre. This is where I saw the majority of Disney movies. This was before they started releasing movies on VHS.

Rinx

Just reading this post makes me want to be there right now, so I'll say what I miss, even though it's still there.

1. The smell when you walk into the Polynesian.

2. The shot of cold air when you enter the lobby in ToT.

3. The three mountains.

4. The sounds of the disney transport buses.

5. Bay 2, or as I still call it, Blastoff Burgers in Cosmic Rays

BRER STITCH

20K Leagues Under the Sea Ride.

Apparently it made a much bigger impression on me as a kid than I had ever imagined it would.

The sights, smells, and sounds of that attraction are still so vivid in my memory.

:(

jeffb

In no particular order:

1. The old WDW logo (Globe ears inside the D)
2. Jack Wagner's voice
3. Tomorrowland (i.e. from 75-95) (Now is the Time COP*, Mission to Mars and If You Had Wings) (have come to apprecaite the current version as much as the Now is the Time Version)
4. EPCOT Center
5. SSE without the wand and leave a legacy clutter in front entrace.
6. The EPCOT symbols.
7. Horizons
8. Radok Screen from UOE
9. JII (version 1) and the upstairs.
10. All the original EPOCT music (xcept the Computer Song)
11. MSEP
12. SMRT-1 / Communicore
13. The WDW Marketplace (Village)
14. The Vacation Villas (circa 1980)

Cri-Kee

What I miss most is the old Diamond Horseshoe Review show in frontierland. Great show, alot of fun. I remember our family would get to the magic kingdom early just to get tickets for this show.

Jayhawkie

1. I miss the REAL Journey into Imagination.
2. Horizons
3. Mr Toads
4. The Skyway
5. The best parade ever---THe Main Street Electrical Parade--as far as I'm concerned, let France have Spectromagic!!!!

dxwwf3

Instead of mentioning the typical attractions everyone already knows how I feel about, I'll try and think of things non-attraction related:

In no order

1. Being able to eat at Cinderella's Castle without characters and extreme prices.

2. Having at least one counter service restaurant open at Adventureland.

3. Pink powder soap at all the parks

4. The radio station you could play when entering WDW property.

5. The music of Epcot Center

6. Getting reservations for the Diamond Horseshoe early in the morning at Main Street.

7. A Main Street without a contemporary feel

8. Monorail Guy's voice on the Monorail (Even though the current guy is great and I've grown to like him as well)

9. Being able to walk down Hollywod Blvd and see the Chinese Theater (I don't mind the hat however)

10. The way MGM and the AK felt when they were brand new parks. There's always something special about the first few times you go into a new WDW park.

And most of all, the feeling of being in the New Tomorrowland in 95 and 96. There is nothing like that place when it first opened. Disney will never be able to top it, IMO.

dixiegirl

I miss that feeling you get as you go through the doors at Orlando airport and that hot air hits your face(especially in September) and there it is....Magical Express...I miss the feeling you get when you see Walt Disney World sign for the first time ....knowing even though you've been there many times before.....that feeling you get in your chest...(yes I'm a sap..I cry at everything) oohhh love that feeling....walking through the main lobby and general store...(as the hubby checks us in)..this is when I miss the dixie band music playing at DIXIE LANDING(yeah I know POR)...and walking to find your room.....that feeling of yeah...this is pure...euforia..(don't know how its spelt but you get the drift)

63 more days..18hrs..47 min..till i get that feeling..

EvilEmperorZurg

things that I miss

This brings back a lot of memories. The other day I was just watching home video from 99 and how things have changed.

Some things that I miss...

- The sory of the Lion King( I think that is what is was called) - Repleced by Philharmagic - But is still a good show.

- Food Rocks
- Original Journey Into Imagination.
- The first time that my parents let me go on WEDWAY people movers by myself.
- Wearing shorts and going swimming on Christmas day...did not get to do that much in in Dec in philadelphia growing up.
- Hitting a tee shot on one of the golf courses and hearing the train whistle.
- And of course, telling Buzz Lightyear that he is my son in Toy Sorty 2.
-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom