What do you miss at WDW?

RedGear

Here are some of things that I miss. . .

- 20KL, I still remember going on it as a 6 year old, same thing with Mr. Toads, even though it scared the crap out of me
- I miss Dixie Landings too
- I miss the game you could play at Horizions (was it horizions? I don't know I was so young!) at Epcot, or at least the phone that you picked up and could listen to facts. I thought that was the coolest thing ever!
- And yes I infact miss being there. . .

Only 39 more days to go!

jonesenon4

:lookaroun when im not there i miss everything. but for specific things i miss the frozen lemonades that the cm would scoop out of a frezzer bowl into a cup they were so much better than what is being sold know that are so hard you cant eat them until they melt. the attraction i miss the most would have to be 20,000 leagues under the sea classic.:sohappy: next trip sept 24 06

RedBaron

dixiegirl said:
Oh I hear ya!!!! I miss POR being DIXIE LANDINGS!!! To me it's to confusing,,I miss the dixie music they use to play at the resort as well, oh and I miss the chocolate covered crossant they use to have at the bakery at DIxie Landings..oh ya great way to start your morning....Anyone remember them?? I miss the skyway at the magic kingdom....that was a fun relaxing ride...I miss the remember the magic parade (magical Moments)...this is a great topic....you really could go on and on!!

I miss the restaurant that used to be at the original POR, Bon Famillies and every morning they gave you Beignets with breakfest. They were soooo good. Also miss Horizions and the smell of the oranges, World of Motion, Alien Encounter, Dreamfinder, and silly as it may seem, the powdered soap in the restrooms.

Dreamport

What do I miss

I miss the Magic Shop on Main Street, and I maybe wrong about this
but weren't there more topiary sculptures on the outskirts of the property as you drove in?

ryguy

Original Poster
Does anyone remember the Wonders of Walt Disney World Program? That was pretty cool. It was for preteens and it had several different behind the scenes programs. There was one for energy, entertainment, art, and horticulture. You got text books and it lasted most of the day. The best part was only kids were allowed to experience it. I thought it was great.

350ceo

-I miss being able to completely forget about the outside world for a week or 2!!

-Waiting in line for the first ride of the day

-The theming for ToT

And so much more of course

meryll83

yeah, the skyway, the fantasyland loading bay is still there isn't it, i always look up and remember it.
and i did like 20,000 leagues.
dream flight, was that where you chose using a button what you wanted to fly over? i think i remember that!
and strawberry frozen yogurt mickey shaped sandwiches from the ice-cream trucks, they were delicious!

cloudboy

What I miss the most is the old music. The older soundtracks had a charm in their innocence and optimism. The new msic is richer, but it doesn't feel as cheerful. This is particularly noticible in Epcot. For that matter, I also miss the preshows. Now that we have FastPass and the like, preshows seems to be dwindling a bit.

I also miss the Sherry Trifle.

DisneySam

There isn't enough room to list everything I miss :cry:....But I'll try.

1.) The first sight of Mouse Ears (usually waiting in line for DME) or when I drive...the Mickey Power Lines.
2.) The cool blast of AC, Music, and general Smell of walking into the Wilderness Lodge. I always have to just stand there for a sec and take it all in.
3.) The Monorail!!! I listen to the Express Monorail to the MK every morning going to work on my IPod.
4.) The Disney water smell. Okay its a little gross but I LOVE the smell of Splash Mountain, Pirates, Small World basically anywhere they have the "Disney water" its just unique. The smell of Rome burning is the same for me too.
5.) Resort TV! Oh I watch it over and over. Usually my travel companions are ready to kill me by the end of the trip [and the host :lookaroun ]
6.) World of Disney. The Disney Store just doesn't do it for me anymore.
7.) Illuminations-Fantasmic-Wishes-Parades in General. I love the shows, and watch them on movies often.
8.) Just being "cut off" from the rest of the world...esp work.
9.) The TTA.
10.) I just miss WDW in general. There isn't one thing I don't miss...well maybe the bill.

I can't wait for my trip!!!! 42 days in counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

GrimmGhosts999

i miss Horizons, Alien Encounter, Skyway to Tommorowland, afternoon gunfights in the streets in Frontierland (near Pecos Bill Cafe), the 1980's Enchanted Tiki Room, World of Motion, the original Journey Into Imagination, walking down MGM's entrance and seeing the Chinese Theater instead of the sorcerer hat, The Disney Inn (before it was converted to Shades of Green), Mr. Toads Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, pre-Toontown, If You Had Wings, Mission To Mars.......

:veryconfu

ryguy said:
Does anyone remember the Wonders of Walt Disney World Program? That was pretty cool. It was for preteens and it had several different behind the scenes programs. There was one for energy, entertainment, art, and horticulture. You got text books and it lasted most of the day. The best part was only kids were allowed to experience it. I thought it was great.

I used to take at least two of those tours every year - they were so much fun! I also miss the old Pinocchio's menu. Nothing they serve now interests me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom