What do you like to do on your arrival day?

Camelot

For me, the first day is for getting there, getting settled; maybe go shopping, etc., and then start out fresh the next morning for a full day at one of the parks. But many years ago, my friends and I drove all night from New Orleans and got into Orlando around 6am. We stopped for breakfast, and then headed to one of the parks for the day. I don't recommend that. We were exhausted by day's end, but sure slept good that night. :)

We try to arrive between 11 am-1 pm. Have lunch at the resort, go to the pool, unpack our stuff, have lunch at the resort or DTD then get to bed early so we can get up early to catch the first EMH the next day. We have never entered a park our first day, but I think we will on our next trip to have a meal and maybe ride a ride or two. Great question.

Hrudey3032

We usually arrive later in the evening and stay off property at my dads in Davenport. So when we arrive we usually hit the store for supplies then go out to eat. Then head back to dads to relax at the pool or go to sleep. Usually my brother and I workedthat day or night before so we want to rest a bit before tackling Disney on a recharged battery.

Disneyfan1981

We usually arrived around 8 PM or at least have the last few times. We get dinner (the last few times at The Wave) and then tour our hotel letting Disney just sink in. This next trip will be the first for my son and daughter and my wife and I haven't been in three years so I'm interested to see what new arrival traditions emerge.

Mikester71

We drive down from Canada and it usually takes us about a day and a half. We generally pull into Pop Century just after lunch (1pm or so) and get ourselves all checked in and throw our stuff in the room before heading down to the cafeteria to buy our refillable mugs. After that, we usually walk around Pop for a little bit to reacquaint ourselves with our home away from home before hopping on a bus and heading to Downtown Disney for the evening. Once there, we grab something to eat, do a little window shopping in the stores to see if something catches our eye as a MUST HAVE for this trip, and usually hit up DisneyQuest for a bit. Then it's back to Pop to get a good nights sleep so that we can hit the ground running the next day (our first full day) at the Magic Kingdom!! :)

Mr. CPA

We usually drive in and arrive around 1:00pm. We head straight over to Downtown Disney to get all that souvenir shopping out of the way. That way, we can spend the rest of our trip focusing on the important things... like riding rides.

koryadams

My family usually has always gone into a park the first evening. We have gone to Downtown Disney first thing most of the trips. Last vacation, we looked around resort and then went to MK for the evening. AND we have done all 3 on the first day as well

foreverbelle

It depends. Usually on when we get there. We try to get an early as a flight-or drive in-as possible. Typically its about midday by the time we get on property. If its just my husband and I, then we usually hit the parks and go until we say no more. However with our three year old son, we tend to plan on arriving, getting settled in and enjoy the first day at the resort. Our plans for this go around is driving, and taking advantage of the swimming pool before heading out to the Poly for dinner....

rsoxguy

If we are there for a single day, we arrive at opening. There's something exciting about getting out of the car after leaving your house at 6:30 a.m. and then "starting" the day on a tram as you head into a park, regardless of how many times you have done it.
If we are there for more than one day, we usually arrive around midnight, so we unpack and sleep. (Well, I'm slightly retentive, so I unpack and my wife and daughter collapse).

ThinkTink721

We sometimes like to visit DTD...especially if we are staying at POR...we like to take the boat from POR to DTD...we like to walk around, get something to eat, & shop.

radev104

We drive down and stop in GA so we tend to get there around 12 or 1 if traffic is good and we don't have any unscheduled stops. We get to the resort check in and if the rooms are ready take all the stuff to the rooms start unpacking for a little bit. We head to Wal-Mart to get water and snacks then head out to dinner off site. We get back to the rooms then head to MK for the night.

DisDadEddie

This upcoming trip we'll check in and then go to Magic Kingdom for dinner. Since we arrive at around 6pm it will only be dinner, maybe a ride or two then watch the fireworks.

3WaltFans

We arrive at Orlando Int'l airport.
Take the Disney bus to our Hotel and check in.
Go straight to one of the parks and enjoy the magic.

disney1077

I take an early flight. I am usually by the resort at 10 to 10:30am. I check in, drop off my carry-on in my room and then go to Animal Kingdom.

lacarp40

definatly downtown disney, we usualy drive in from louisiana and make it in for around 11 we cut the kids loose in quest and then stroll and shop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom