What do you like to do on your arrival day?

acishere

Original Poster
Usually we try and take the earliest flight possible so there is time for us to hit up a water park or explore World Showcase. This trip it will probably be about 6pm by the time we reach the All Stars. I kind of feel like we are wasting a day now.

So, I guess we will just be exploring the resort grounds and then settle in the room to watch the Mad Men finale.

What is your usual routine when you arrive at WDW?

nepalostparks

When we flew in from PA, it would depend on what time we arrived. If it was early enough (anything before dinner really) we would head to one of the parks for dinner and usually end the night at Magic Kingdom. We didn't see it as a waste of a day (it's only a few more dollars per day on a ticket when you get up past 5 or 6).

If we were to arrive after dinner time, I'm guessing we'd hit Downtown Disney or just hang out at the resort to unwind before the first full day. Or if one of the parks was open late enough (like 11 p.m. or later), we'd probably still end up at the parks.

DisneyDebNJ

We take the first flight out of ACY and are usually at MCO by 8:30am. When we get to our resort, it's Kona's for breakfast, Epcot during the day, then Ohana for dinner, watch the fireworks from Poly beach, then settle in for a very relaxing night's rest :wave:

kprena19

we always try to arrive on property somewhere between 1 and 3 in the afternoon (it all depends on how good the traffic is) my mom, sister, and i look around the gift shop while dad checks us in :) after getting all of our stuff in the room we normally grab a soft drink or two in our mugs. we then head to the pool for awhile (weather permitting) then we eat dinner in the food court of the hotel and take a water taxi down to down town disney :) has to be one of my favorite nights of the whole trip:)

Tomi-Rocket

We usually go eat lunch then once our room is ready we go and get everything unpacked and situated. After that it all depends on our schedule (which is flexible, if we want it to be).:)

ECU_PIRATE

We always visit starting the day after the coke zero 400 at daytona which is the first Saturday in July. So on Sunday morning we wake up early to pack up the rv and leave from our lake lloyd spot inside the track and make the hour and a half trip down I4. Usually arrive at fort wilderness too early to actually be assigned our spot so after checking in we find a spot in the parking lot and go get breakfast at trails end. For us a big part of staying at fort wilderness is setting up our rv spot with all our lights and Disney decorations so that is what we do for most of the day. Usually end up going to dinner in magic kingdom or downtown Disney the first night we are there. Then the next morning all the fun begins getting up early to go to the parks.

disneygirl1024

We usually like to get the early flight too but this year we are arriving at MCO at 600 pm. We usually go to MK and walk around and start riding either HM, BTMRR, or Splash Mountain. This year we are heading right down to DTD for dinner as soon as we check in. We have a first timer with us so we want to go to dinner first and then turn them loose with my kids (18,16) so they can show her around.

Redsky89

I usually go to a park if we arrive in the morning. If we arrive in the evening or night I always hit up Downtown Disney! Great way to start our trip!

riverscu0m0

We usually just go and hang out at the boardwalk and catch Illuminations from the bridge. Nothing special, but still tradition.

rufio

We normally arrive around 5 or 6pm. We check into our hotel, head downtown for a nice dinner, and then settle in. Our real vacation starts the next day!

macsmom

I usually arrive on a Wednesday. Magic Kingdom opens early on Thursday and I like that to be my first park of my vacation. So, my arrival day is filled with arriving, unpacking and spending the day at DTD. I usually get 5-day tickets and the 7th day of my trip is usually just the opposite of the arrival - packing for home, and any extra time is back at DTD before I leave.

danna

Joshua&CalebDad

Just statrted this...

When we went last year, we checked into our room and made a bee line down to Downtown Disney. We took the kids (1.5 and 4 at the time) to make their own t-shirts to wear one day that week. And yes, my 1.5 year old picked out which character he wanted on his shirt.

We had a blast and it was relaxing so my wife and I decided that this would be our new tradition. Can't wait to do it gain in November. :sohappy:

rodserling27

Last summer when I got there in the late afternoon and headed straight to MK to start using my annual pass. In March when I was there, I headed straight to MK too because I got in around 8am.

However, I prefer to catch an afternoon/evening flight and go to the hotel on the first day to relax, grab a snack, watch some Disney Parks TV, and prepare to watch the opening ceremony at MK on my first full day.

There are a lot of downtown disney's in here for the first day and we're no different. We'll check in and then head on out there. After that it's a quick trip to either the Grand Floridian or Contemporary to see Wishes. Unfortunately we aren't AP holders and we try and maximize our days in the parks with the full days.

SMS55

We drive. I want to beat traffic out so I try to leave by 3 the latest. Since the kids have been there plenty I don't want them to miss a whole day from school. We get there about 7. We get a quick bite, check in (on-line) and drop our stuff off. We'll drive around the property to feel like we are in Disney. Sometimes we'll check out DTD, but we'll heard back early so we can be well rested for the next morning which is always MK.

IanDLBZF

We arrive at Disney at around 2 PM or so, and we check in and unpack. After that, we catch a bus to Downtown Disney, have dinner, and go shopping at Downtown Disney. :animwink:

LuLaSue

We are usually on the first flight out of Newark and in the Park by 10am. Magic Kingdom is it for us. No better feeling than kicking off your Disney vacation walking down Main Street USA! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom