What do you like to do on your arrival day?

JWG

Really depends on when we arrive. The last several trips we've arrived anytime between 11:30pm and 4:30am due to late flights and flight delays. Usually arrival means sleep. Our first day has been the MK the past several visits given our 5 year old. Not sure what we'll do this next trip as we won't have annual passes for the first time in a couple of years and not sure what time we'll arrive. It won't be MK for sure, we get in late Friday sometime and won't be doing MK on the first Sat. of Pop Warner... not a chance. Probably SSE.

DimpledDevil18

We usually take an early flight like 6am or 7am and land in MCO at 8 or 9. Then we have to gather up all our bags and take the shuttle to the rental car place. After we get our car we usually head over to our resort for check in. We go to our rooms to drop off our luggage and unpack. Then we grab lunch at the food court. After that we make a trip to Wal-mart to stock up on water and snacks. We return to our resort to drop it all off and then FINALLY at about 3 or 4pm we make it to the park, usually Magic Kingdom.

Thomas morrow

We drive from PA usually get in around 2pm and get to MK usually just in time for the daytime parade and to walk around and take in the magic and then it's on to The Plaza Restaurant for dinner and then the rest of the day at MK

Colugino

Sleep! LOL I usually fly in late at night. It's sort of a waste for the room, but I feel that way I get a full day at the park instead of getting up at 4am, flying out at 7am, getting to hotel at 11am, park by 1pm, passing out at 9pm... But the first thing I do is go to Space Mountain and FastPass. Then head over to Frontierland

DisneyJunkie

The usual routine: check-in, quickly unpack, go off to MK and head out specifically to Space Mountain & Buzz Lightyear, then hit up whatever other rides we can get into, and hit a quick service meal (usually Cosmic Ray's).

wdw93

We take an early flight, handle the check-in paperwork, head to the bus stop and take the first bus to one of the parks. We don't plan where to go, we just go with the magic.

ellie-badge

As my folks and I live a mere three hours or so away from the world, we always leave earlier enough so that there's enough time to visit one of the parks for the later half of the day. If we arrive particularly late, though, we usually explore whatever resort we're staying at for a little bit and watch some cartoons in the room to unwind until the next day.

harryk

Check in ( usually get to hotel by 11:30 A.M.) have lunch at Whispering Canyon - if at WL or at Big River Grille and Brewing - if at Boardwalk then off to Magic Kingdom or World Showcase. If room is ready- drop off carry-on bags and change into appropriate dress for park visit. If room not ready, change in restroom and check luggage with porters to have delivered to room when they are available.

bethymouse

After driving 14 hours straight, except to stop for gas and potty breaks ( we take a cooler full of drinks, sandwiches, and snacks), we check-in around 2PM, crash in our room for a bit ( my boys watch some cartoons on tv), then head to the pool.:) Mommy likes to go shopping and explore the resort, take pictures- a quiet peaceful walk alone to prepare for the days ahead! Daddy gets in the pool for a bit w/ the boys, then when I return from winding down, I get in the pool, then we both have drinks poolside while watching the boys get pooped out!:)

Marco226

Whenever we go to WDW, we always plan our stay so we have an extra day to do things at the resort that we're staying at. The first thing we do (after check-in) is explore the resort and look for things to do there, like water activities, pools, nighttime activites, etc. :)

Jimmy Thick

We usually take the earilest flight possible to get to Orlando, so when we get to the resort, its usually nap time.

Jimmy Thick- Jimmy does not survive of doom and gloomers alone...

We get the earliest flight there is and usually arrive by noon. We head to the resort, grab lunch, get our refillable mugs and head to the pool! Once the in-laws arrive we settle in the room and go to a nice dinner. I am excited for this year, with the kids being a little older I think they will enjoy EMH in the evening! :)

The Incredible Schmulk

Well, the first thing I do is spend as much time as we're given before boarding the Magical Express trying to shake off the queasy from the flight. The last thing I want is carry-over queasiness on the bus ride.

After that, we always go to the Magic Kingdom as soon as we get in. Things are going to be different this next time, though. Flying in from Montana, I just don't know when we'll get there. Tentatively, Magic Kingdom is still the plan, though.

We usually go eat lunch then once our room is ready we go and get everything unpacked and situated. After that it all depends on our schedule (which is flexible, if we want it to be).:)
We do the same but when our room is ready we get our bathing suites on and go swimming. Then, we go to the beach and boardwalk.

ExtinctJenn

We drive down and tend to arrive around noon. We use online check-in and have never had a problem with our room not being ready early (when we arrive) as a result. So our plans usually include unpacking and then a walk around the resort (depending on where we are). Then that evening we usually hit DtD and get our shopping done so we aren't wasting time shopping in the parks. This is usually followed by time back at the room gearing up for the next day or taking in some of the "attractions" at the resort like the pool, surrey bike rides, etc.

Evil Genius

We drive down from Nashville and always leave a day earlier than our resort stay is to begin. After the eleven hours trip we have a room booked outside of the resort for the night before our stay is to begin and we tend to relax for a bit then head over to Downtown Disney for dinner and to shop around World of Disney to get into the spirit of things!

The next morning we head to our resort at seven A.M. and do early check in. Dropping off our luggage and getting our passes. We then head immediately to the Magic Kingdom...grab a quick breakfast at the Main Street Bakery...and do the park until midday when we head back to the resort to get our room assignments. We then often grab a late lunch...maybe a swim and a nap...then back to the Magic Kingdom!

Tod&BigMamaOdie

We drive down from Nashville and always leave a day earlier than our resort stay is to begin. After the eleven hours trip we have a room booked outside of the resort for the night before our stay is to begin and we tend to relax for a bit then head over to Downtown Disney for dinner and to shop around World of Disney to get into the spirit of things!

The next morning we head to our resort at seven A.M. and do early check in. Dropping off our luggage and getting our passes. We then head immediately to the Magic Kingdom...grab a quick breakfast at the Main Street Bakery...and do the park until midday when we head back to the resort to get our room assignments. We then often grab a late lunch...maybe a swim and a nap...then back to the Magic Kingdom!

This is what we do as well other than our drive is a little shorter (9.5 hrs).

Mike K

Without question, I check in, head to the room to wash up a bit and then immediately head to Magic Kingdom. Nothing compares to taking a stroll down Main Street and breathing in those delicious scents on arrival day.

copcarguyp71

We usually fly out of Phila Intl around 8AM, we use a car service from MCO to our resort and pack a change of clothes in our carry-ons in case our room is not available. We usually hit the resort around 2:00...sometimes our room is ready and sometimes not. We head over to Epcot and have an early dinner at Biergarten then either hang at Epcot or take the boat over to MGM (forever MGM to me!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom