what do you drive?

TP2000

Figured this is kinda my other love besides disney...so...what do you drive?
I have a 2003 mazda miata. It's my daily driver. I rebuilt it, as I bought it from a junk yard in parts, it was rolled over in an accident.
I also have a 1996 Ford ranger. Basically been in the family since new, it's my parts truck, and stuff hauler.
I also have a 1987 Harley sportster.
I also have four or five cars to rebuild/part out as well...
ones another miata that is soon to be rebuilt into a drag car.

What do you drive?

How'd I miss this thread all these years?!?

I'll weigh in with some of my favorite cars I've had.

I had a 1990 Miata that I bought in February, 1990 with a foot of snow on the ground at 128 Mazda just outside Boston. It was red with all three factory option packages added to it, except for the hard top. From 1990 to 1995 I drove that Miata from Boston to Disney World, from Portland, Maine to Portland, Oregon, from Seattle to Disneyland to Charleston, South Carolina, and a couple dozen states inbetween. I put nearly 200,000 miles on it and only did oil changes, replaced tires a few times and one set of brake pads. It worked perfectly, always.
kgnalkjyh4u0sqmomsfz.jpg

Before the Miata I had a 1970 Triumph Spitfire in the late 1980's. I learned to curse Lucas Electrics nearly every day of my life when I owned that thing. It was gorgeous and fun to drive, but after the seventh or eighth time it stranded me with electrical faults in the days before cell phones, I gave it up. I was living in Portland, Oregon at the time, and I walked to a pay phone in the rain to call a tow truck one too many times. It was burgundy with black interior, aesthetically perfect and mechanically sound, but electrically British, and it looked exactly like this one except mine didn't have a luggage rack on the back.

21040500001_large.jpg

TP2000

@TP2000 : That '90 MX-5 sounded like a keeper!

It was! I should have kept it, but in '95 I was moving from the South back to Southern California and I traded it in on a big F-150 to help with the move cross country. It was a perfect car for me at the time, and it brought me many happy memories and took me to many wonderful places in this great country, coast-to-coast-to-coast.

I love your Fiat! That's a great color, and those new 124's are such a nice update on that classic marquee. I sat in one at the LA Auto Show last year, and sadly I no longer fit in them comfortably. Apparently I was much sleeker and leaner in 1990 when I had that Miata. How did that happen?! :mad:

FoodRockz

It was! I should have kept it, but in '95 I was moving from the South back to Southern California and I traded it in on a big F-150 to help with the move cross country. It was a perfect car for me at the time, and it brought me many happy memories and took me to many wonderful places in this great country, coast-to-coast-to-coast.

I love your Fiat! That's a great color, and those new 124's are such a nice update on that classic marquee. I sat in one at the LA Auto Show last year, and sadly I no longer fit in them comfortably. Apparently I was much sleeker and leaner in 1990 when I had that Miata. How did that happen?! :mad:

Thank you! It shows dirt, tree sap, etc. like no other, but people do really seem to like the color for this kind of car. I would have preferred a British racing green-ish color, but alas FCA didn't see fit to grant that color.

Hah, time marches on...just like our belt lines? Interestingly enough, I have the seat moved forward one or two notches to comfortably depress the clutch fully and I'm 5'10".

jaklgreen

Good job keeping modern day big blocks alive! I'm only sort of kidding, three/four cylinders have almost invaded everything at this point.

Yeah, I joke with my husband that I don't want to drive a go-cart. LOL When I step on the gas, I want to go. I don't drive crazy nor do I even speed, but I like the feel of being able to actually go when I step on the gas.

montyz81

Yeah, I joke with my husband that I don't want to drive a go-cart. LOL When I step on the gas, I want to go. I don't drive crazy nor do I even speed, but I like the feel of being able to actually go when I step on the gas.
download.png
download (2).png

These are my two beauties. I also have a 2013 Pathfinder and 2012 G37S 6MT. The SUV and Sedan are for my wife and son.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom