• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

what do you drive?

mkt

I Demand a Snackrifice
Premium Member
If it was recently as in this year, they should be trying to offload the 16 RS for $35k or under, no questions. Tons of dealers shot themselves in the foot by marking up a freaking Focus and because of that reputation, the cars didn't move as fast as they thought they would.

Also, all 2016s and most 2017s need the HG recall done. Fun car, but needs a tune to really wake it up. I'm going to get one at some point.
It was last month. The dealer had it at $35k, but they kept adding things to the paperwork, and I'd send it back.

Finally, I said, give me a purchase order with the price as advertised + tax, tag, and title - or I walk. They added $2k to the price, so I walked.

It's still unsold.

trainplane3

Advertisement
It was last month. The dealer had it at $35k, but they kept adding things to the paperwork, and I'd send it back.

Finally, I said, give me a purchase order with the price as advertised + tax, tag, and title - or I walk. They added $2k to the price, so I walked.

It's still unsold.
Yep, that sounds right. I can't believe they're still doing that. As much as I love the car, you made the right move. Dealers wonder why no one's buying them...

I was lucky to get a test drive at the one dealership. They wanted me to do 90% of the deal before I could touch a RS. I was about to walk and they had a change of heart. It's a hopped up Focus, not a Ferrari. A salesperson would be with me, so I couldn't pull any stunts if I ever wanted to. I just don't get it.

Fun fact, a Corvette was $1 cheaper to insure then the RS. And the RS was about $250 cheaper then my turbo Cobalt SS.

mkt

I Demand a Snackrifice
Premium Member
They wanted me to do 90% of the deal before I could touch a RS. I was about to walk and they had a change of heart.
During my 2015 "I moved back to the states" car search, a Subaru dealer did that to me on a BRZ. However they let me walk. The car was on their lot a month later at a lower price, I pulled in with my Mini, and the same salesman walked up to me and remembered me. He asked me if I was still interested, and I asked him to bring out his manager for all of us to "talk shop". When the manager came out, I said "I just wanted to see what I bought from a dealer that didn't make me jump through hoops! A car that cost $5k more than the BRZ!" It felt nice.

Fun fact, a Corvette was $1 cheaper to insure then the RS. And the RS was about $250 cheaper then my turbo Cobalt SS.
I work for an insurer now - granted, in their marketing team as creative director, but I had to learn the basics. Yet why some cars are priced differently to insure is like black magic to me - I don't understand it! It fascinates me how expensive some seemingly ordinary cars are to insure, yet how cheap some high performance cars are to insure. I looked at adding a second car back in January, an leased base model Alfa Romero Giulia, and it would have tripled my premiums. Yet a comparable 3 series (320i MT/M-Sport Package) cost the same as my JCW to insure, and both the C-Class and A4 cost a bit less to insure!

Got my family a new Subaru Forester that I'll drive to Disneyland California this summer. I'm just waiting for my replacement set of Toyo tires I ordered online to arrive. Excited to go on a lot of trip with my family.

Last edited:
Top Bottom