Another update. Adding that car to my insurance doubled my premiums. ARRRRRRGH

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
This seems worth updating.

Subaru WRX

WWtd40A.jpg

John park hopper

Not something I drive my neighbor recently found a 40 Ford in a swamp with the original flat head 8 not much of the body left he is making it into a Rat Rod should be awesome when it's done

Weather_Lady

I drive a 2015 Honda Odyssey (Touring Elite edition: it does everything but make waffles). I bought it in October, trading in my 2005 Honda Accord with over 250,000 miles (which was still running like a top)! It's perfect for us right now, with the kids getting older and road trips (rather than distant destinations) being more of a focus for our limited vacation time.

DH drives a 2005 Honda Pilot (also with over 250K miles) that was purchased back in 2006, at the same time as the old Accord. We'll be keeping it as a "beater car" and adding a newer Accord for DH within the next year. Our vehicles may not be terribly sexy or exciting, but they sure are reliable (sort of like DH and I ourselves, LOL)!

draybook

I drive a jaoply, 2002 Blazer with almost 195k miles. We got it from my wife's brother when he was going to let it go back to the dealer. She drove it while I had a 97 Blazer and then it started having cooling and exhaust problem that made it consume gas at an astronomical rate. So, I got her a new Mazda 5 and took her Blazer and fixed it and sent the 97 to the scrapyard. Her Mazda got totalled by some punk kid who ran a stop sign so I got her a brand new Explorer(new in 2015). Once that note is paid off next year, I'll take that car and she'll probably get an upgrade to a Suburban.

I used to have a 91 CRX HF with a DOHC ZC motor in it with a 14b turbo setup at 9lbs of boost. I miss the heck out of that car.

Smiley/OCD

2003 Chevy Suburban in its 3rd engine and 2nd tranny...350,000 miles on it, body (the truck, lol) is in good shape...I bought it new and since a new one is 60k +, it was much cheaper to replace the 2 major items...plus, it still drives GREAT

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Update time.

WRX was fun, but it was ultimately the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. The seats were uncomfortable on their own, but the suspension was far too stiff - it felt like it was connected to my spine. Great for a track car, terrible for a daily driver. So I got rid of it.

Got a Mazda CX-5 Touring as a daily driver, and picked up a Mk3 GTI for a project car.

Last edited:

Maelstrom Troll

Update time.

WRX was fun, but it was ultimately the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. The seats were uncomfortable on their own, but the suspension was far too stiff - it felt like it was connected to my spine. Great for a track car, terrible for a daily driver. So I got rid of it.

Got a Mazda CX-5 Touring as a daily driver, and picked up a Mk3 GTI for a project car.

I had an 08 WRX and like you said, great car, super fun, but a punishing ride. I traded it in for a 10 Evo which was WORSE! I drove it to Atlanta once (~9 hours) and almost traded it in once I got there 😛
I have an 18 GTI autobahn now (mk 7.5) and it’s not as swift but a much more livable car!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom