What do you do to prepare for your trek to WDW?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
What do you usually do before you go on vacation to WDW for yourself? Hair, nails, tanning, (GTL :lookaroun), diet, new wardrobe, etc. Let's hear it!

tiaragirl

GTL, ahahahaha. Not quite.

Get the bangs cut a week or so prior, so I don't look like a chipmunk.. buy the granolas and snacks.. pack, pack, pack! I'm actually making a list of clothes I want to take right now, hahaha.

Sad.

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

haha love the GTL reference.
one of my favorite things to do is create a master packing list, which usually involves a TO BUY section. I usually get some new tanks and shorts or skirts. Maybe a new maxi dress and sandals for night time fun. :)

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

I usually get the hair buzzed in case it is hot while there and I don't want to overheat. I also usually kinda plan what days we will be where so as to have a itenirary of some sort.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

I work out all the time but I do add minor diet changes to prepare myself for all the treats I indulge in. I also make a few trips to the tanning bed to build a tan so I don't burn, get a haircut, and a little clothes shopping are always on my roster before I head to the World.

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

We start exercising or walking months in advance. The "fun" stuff is getting a manicure/pedicure, buying new clothes/shoes, and making list after list of what not to forget.

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

Always get a new bathing suite, a new pair of cross trainers from new balance a few new pair of shorts. The DFW does the tanning, petticure and gets a new bathing suite, flip flops and gets sun screen ready for the both of us.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Always a new pair of shoes, but im a fanatic of being organized, all the trip details ready, adrs made, which park has emh, weather reports, room requests checked and double checked, all paperwork in a specific folder. We do not get up early for emh, we just want to relax and have fun, thats where the adrs help plan our attack of the parks. Plus getting ready to pack on the extra pounds of a weak at great restaurants. Im a chef, and food is very important, not quantity, quality! Also making sure we have enough batteries for the camera, can never have enough. Packing our christmas lights and hats. We ahve now just started to decorate our home (hotel room) for our trip in dccember, its so much fun.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I tend to get a haircut, get my Zune situated (Disney music, MST3K episodes, and classic resort TV), buy new travel size shampoo/soap/lotion/toothpaste, get some new clothes (usually a cute dress or some nice tanks/shirts), and finally I go *way* OCD trying to pack it all! I seriously have to pack and re-pack my suitcase about three times...i need to be sure everything is in there before we head to the airport. :lol: @ myself!

Upvote 0

Raven66

I make a list for each member of the family of things we have and stuff we need to buy. Thank goodness there is only 3 of us! I make some trail mix, buy some granola bars, pop tarts and iced tea mix. Get the suitcases out and pack what I'm sure we won't need before we leave. I make reservations for our dogs to spend a week at their vacation destination. My daughter and I make a countdown calendar that we rip a page off each morning, starting at 30 days out. I print out a calendar page of the week we will be there and write everything down on that including reservation numbers for ADR's. And I put everything in a folder that says Disney Trip and the year. It fits nicely into my carry on. Unfortunately, our last trip was Dec. 2008 and unless we win the lottery our next trip won't be until my daughter turns 16 in 2013. I hope she will still do the countdown calendar with me!:D

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Avoid anyone who has any kind of cold, flu, or bug for at least 10 days prior to the trip! Of course, it all goes to heck when end up sitting by someone with a huge cold on the plane LOL

Upvote 0

COPfan

What do you usually do before you go on vacation to WDW for yourself? Hair, nails, tanning, (GTL :lookaroun), diet, new wardrobe, etc. Let's hear it!
GTL?? We get haircuts and DW starts to pack about a week out. IF left up to me it would be thrown together the night before. Buy snacks and get the kids ready to go.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
GTL?? We get haircuts and DW starts to pack about a week out. IF left up to me it would be thrown together the night before. Buy snacks and get the kids ready to go.
GTL - Gym, Tanning, Laundry :lol:

It's from that awful (amazing :lookaroun) show on Mtv, Jersey Shore.

___

Steve, good call on the germ-free bubble pre-trip! I've never thought to do that.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

Usually buy a new book for the flight down and by the pool plus new sneakers on occasion (though the past two trips I have my "Disney" shoes that I don't wear in between). Definitely check the weather constantly hoping for a clear week. As I get closer, I pretty much only listen to Disney music in anticipation! :)

Upvote 0

Tinkermommy

Pedi, cut, highlight, (is GTL what I think it is?), shop for new disney t-shirts, download books to the Kindle and music to the Ipod, select movies for the kids for the plane, make my packing list, grocery list and ADRs! Buy Earplanes for the inevitable excrutiating airplane landing for my son and I, and lots of Dramamine for the kids ;) (You DON'T want to know about the incident with my son, the Burger King hamburger, and take off...)

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Sometimes I get the nails done (my sister is a nail tech). Last time I had her paint Mickey heads on my ring finger nails, I got home and my husband said "Why do you have Batman on your nails?" :lookaroun

I usually start packing about 3 weeks prior. I watch youtube videos hours on end (usually resulting in lack of sleep). Also I make sure I have multiple copies of all and any reservations... one in my carryon, one in my husbands carryon and one in each suitcase lol.

I buy some new clothes, make sure I have everything on my list ready to go and packed (and somehow still end up packing to the wee hours of the morning the day of our trip). I load up my ipod, make sure all electronics are fully charged before we leave (cell phones, ipods, etc) as well as having the necessary things in my bag for the flight (word searches, books, etc).

I also make sure I got my spray tan to a bronzish/burnt orange level, the poof is in tact, perfected fist pumping technique, and my "situation" is legit before we leave.... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

plaz10

GTL! no...just the L really. haha.
Pedicure, eyebrow wax, buy some new clothes, read trip reports like crazy (especially old ones that happened during the time I'm going), watch some youtube videos to really get me going. The other day I was really desperate for some disney love and looked at the old notebook of notes taken on previous trips. :lookaroun Good thing I've only got a month and a half to go...I might go crazy

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom