What do you do to prepare for your trek to WDW?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
What do you usually do before you go on vacation to WDW for yourself? Hair, nails, tanning, (GTL :lookaroun), diet, new wardrobe, etc. Let's hear it!

Susan Savia

Get the Disney Tees packed, go over the snacks, water, etc., comfy shoes, and do some good walks in preparation for the parks. I'd like to get a good pedometer to take next time.

Upvote 0
Well, I would usually get my haircut, buy a whole new wardrobe and paint my nails!!!!!
We all have to look perfect for Mickey, don't we!!!!:lol:
I would usually start packing about 3 weeks prior to my trip!
Then two days before my trip I would pack my carry-on bag. The night before I leave I would charge up my phone, Ipod, camera, etc.

Then it's off to hot, sunny America from cold, rainy Ireland!!!!!!

Upvote 0

10East75South

We drive from Texas -- so the wife packs herself and our three children, I organize the car -- wife usually gets her hair done, as well as all the family. Since I drive, I adjust my sleep pattern for 5-6 days beforehand, so that on the day off we leave about 1/2 hour after I wake up (around 11am). We drive through the night, and get to Disney World by 9am the next day, and soon after we get our Keys we are at the park. There is usually a 5pm table service set up, and we crash after that, ready to hit the parks bright and early the next day.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Avoid anyone who has any kind of cold, flu, or bug for at least 10 days prior to the trip! Of course, it all goes to heck when end up sitting by someone with a huge cold on the plane LOL

Yeah, I do the same thing... except it's kind of hard when hubby is a doc and brings home all the germs from the hospital! :lol:

Nice thread!

I've just discovered pedicures and now I'm addicted!!! I've had one for the last two trips. I also get my hair and my son's trimmed just before we leave. I get the eyebrows waxed too so I don't look like Bert (Sesame Street)! :lookaroun

I don't do the tanning thing but love to get a little color while I'm in WDW.

And I do the "L"... lots and lots of laundry. I like to have everything washed before I leave (even the stuff I'm not packing... I know, I'm weird like that)!

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

Oh, where do I start?!?! :lol:
I start a 'master list' about a month or so before. I start packing about 3 weeks before; pack some of the new stuff we buy and some of the extra fun stuff; like pins, glow sticks Disney tees, etc. I usually bring some snacks with us, I'll get those about a week or so before.
Lots of laundry... And I actually like to leave the house very clean and orderly. I really hate coming home after an awesome vacation to a messy house. No mani-pedi's for me. Just a good pair of sneakers and sun glasses.

Upvote 0

glee

New wardrobe and buy stuff there of course.
Hair? Nails?...Two words..Splash mountain! :lol:
Sometimes get hair cut
Disney "Revision" :lol::D:lol:

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

Pedi's for the girls in the fam. Mani for Mom. Haircut's for everyone. Every stitch of laundry done and the house spotless (for the cat sitter). Disney portfolio complete with itinerary (ADR's, reservation, flight info, etc.) and the new yearly "must do" list. Clean cat litter :hurl: New sundresses and bathing suits. Rub it in all our friends faces that we're going, AGAIN :lol: Planning and organizing is all part of the fun. We missed being able to plan 180 days out. . .this last trip we could only do 90 days out. . . SO glad 180's back. With all the new info coming out about the Dream it's gonna make planning this next trip even better. ONLY 600 days to go :lookaroun

Upvote 0

jandersonlj

I'm a planning fanatic. We just finished making ADR's 180 days out. Our itinerary is already intact, and we are just waiting to pack. We are now 168 days away. All summer we will rewatch Disney movies and play Disney music by the pool. The last 5-6 weeks we really try to squeeze in every Disney movie that we can and watch all pre-recorded Travel Channel Disney specials. The anticipation builds until Sept. arrives!! This year we are taking a 17 yr. old "newbie", and I can't wait to see his reaction!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom