What do you do at home to keep you in touch with the magic?

raven

What do you do at home to keep you in touch with the magic?

Well, I decorate my whole appartment with Disney merchandise, turn on my Disney theam park CD and then spin around in my desk chair while puking on the cat...

Ok, j/k.

I have plenty of friends from here on the boards who I chat with. They pretty much make the magic happen for me! :)

stitch rocks

i make all my papers realted to disney (well the ones where i can choose any subject i want on) my current one... wdw and play! which seems harder then i would have thought...

bcv2204

I began to figure out that my disney addiction was a little out of control when i returned from my honeymoon at wdw on 2/14/04 and one of the first things i did was watch the disney vacation planner DVD....even my wife thought i was nuts.

PS....I already have plans to return later this year!

Since1976

Well, it's a miserable rainy Monday where I am. These are the days when "getting in touch with the magic" really helps...

The park music available on Live365 is sometimes so effective that people in my office wonder how I can be so chipper on such a cruddy day.

:D

I have hundreds and hundreds of Disney MP3's. I have almost 48 hours worth of audio. I watch my "A Dream Called Walt Disney World" video which I converted to DVD with my Mac (iMovie and iDVD rule!). I watch the EPCOT 1982 video (also converted to DVD), and the Walt Disney World: A Dream Come True special from the Disney Channel in 1986 (converted to DVD). I also tape the Zip a dee doo dah tip for today spiels when I go down, so I watch those every morning while I am getting dressed for work. I also use my Disney McDonald's glasses. I even save my Tomorrowland smoothie cups from Auntie Gravity's and make my own smoothies at home using those cups. Sick isn't it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thought I should chip in...

My house is pretty much a shrine to Disney parks. 45+ hours of park music, 100+ hours of park video, my 6ft Epcot model on my stairs, my collection of books and papers (back to 1967). Oh - and a Mickey Tattoo on my shoulder! And lets not forget WDWMagic!

MKBurn15

Ooooooh. Where does everyone get these Disney videos? I need some video footage for a school project I'm doing next year! Can you download it anywhere?

iluvdisney18

my parents think i am a freak!

I wish I had Disney music to wake up to. I am glad I found this web site because before I did my parents thought I was Disney OCD:lol:! I am going to Disney in 58 more days And I have been on the Disney web sites everyday. My parents thought I was wierd until I showed them this site, now they know I am not the only one. Anyway, I also watch vacation videos and look at pics all the time. By the way does anyone know if the carousel of progress is opened, it was closed when I went about 4 years ago?:animwink:

ps. you can get the videos free online @ www.disneyworld.com it sometimes takes a while to get them though!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by MKBurn15
Ooooooh. Where does everyone get these Disney videos? I need some video footage for a school project I'm doing next year! Can you download it anywhere?

There are plenty of sites on the web. WDWMagic is one of them! By far the biggest is at Disney Central, but you need an IRC client to hook up there.

John Baynes

What do you do to keep in touch with the magic.

I discovered this site a couple of years ago and as I read all of the posts I have learned alot about WDW. Thanks to all of you for sharing you knowledge. It gives me the information I need to get my wife to come back year after year. We have only been 7 times number 8 will be our trip in November. Haven't seen everything yet and I hope that I never do. That way there is always something new.

I also read the Unofficial Guide and Birnbaums, lots of info and a few laughs.:lol: :D

MKBurn15

Originally posted by marni1971
There are plenty of sites on the web. WDWMagic is one of them! By far the biggest is at Disney Central, but you need an IRC client to hook up there.
Could you put a link to the channel? I've always had problems getting to a certain channel that I need to get to. And I'm not a WDWMagic contributor, so that don't really work.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Try Disney Central then. Its free and WELL worth it! Look at the link above, or have a look in the Digital Media and Photos forum for several help guides. You won`t regret it!

What I do....

There are a few things that I do to get me as close as possible to WDW, since my last visit there over 10 years ago (I'd be going soon, but money isn't very available!):

1. I have two VHS tapes I won off of eBay with disney attraction videos on it, and I watch some of them on occasion.
2. I have two CD-ROMs worth of Disney Park videos I downloaded from the alt.binaries.multimedia.disney newsgroup that I watch on occasion.
3. My roommate has a lot of Disney Park music (official CDs) that he has in his 400 CD changer which is hooked up to a REAL low power FM transmitter(so low powered that you couldn't pick up and more than 10 feet away from the house, and so low power that the FCC wouldn't give a care about it.)
Finally, (and something that's happened recently)
4. Playing Mission Space Race Online at least twice a day if possible.

C. Jackson in Dallas, TX

stitch rocks

Re: What I do....

Originally posted by cjacksonii

3. My roommate has a lot of Disney Park music (official CDs) that he has in his 400 CD changer which is hooked up to a REAL low power FM transmitter(so low powered that you couldn't pick up and more than 10 feet away from the house, and so low power that the FCC wouldn't give a care about it.)

i wish my roommate was like that or even my roommates next year :cry:

MKBurn15

Try Disney Central then. Its free and WELL worth it! Look at the link above, or have a look in the Digital Media and Photos forum for several help guides. You won`t regret it!

Thanks dude!

MKBurn15

Hey do you have any instructions for connecting? It's not working for me.

Should it be. Server Newnet, then in edit, what should it say? should it be *irc.xxxxxxx.org*?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom