What do you do at home to keep you in touch with the magic?

LoriMistress

I have my Donald Duck stuffed animal that my mom gave me. My dh and I watch our honeymoon tape at WDW and we look at our pictures and talk about how much we loved WDW. I guess we're pretty lame. WDW was our best trip ever!!!

bigfatdonna

* We drink out of WDW glasses and mugs.
* Every square inch of my son's room is covered in all things Disney.
* We use Mickey Mouse coasters.
* I have a picture of The Castle beside my bed.
* We play Disney music in the car.
* We watch the vacation planning DVD.
* We watch Disney's Sing A Long Songs from Disneyland (a lot).
* I wear a Mickey Mouse watch that plays "It's a Small World."
* I wear Mickey Mouse/WDW adorned clothing quite often.
* I write with a WDW black and gold ballpoint pen.
* My screensaver is snapshots of Epcot.
* My computer wallpaper is the Castle during Wishes.
* Actually the whole theme of my computer is Disney related including the pointers, icons and sounds (downloaded from themeworld.com)
* I subscribe to Disney Magazine
* I plan on starting my Disney themed Christmas tree this year
(the only reason this one has been procrastinated is due to the costliness.)
* And last but certainly not least, I visit these message boards like a mad woman on a daily basis!:hammer:

disneytati

Original Poster
WOW! So many disney freaks like me!!!!:sohappy: It's great to know I am not alone!!! (I know, I know, I have already said that...) :lol:

disneytati

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
I have Disney Themes for most holidays for my computer. As for the Christmas tree, the kids (me,too) have a bunch of Disney ornaments.

The only thing that keeps it from being totally Disney are the sentimental favorites that I have to put out every year. (no room for 2 trees).

I have many disney ornaments too. Every time I go to WDW, I bring a new ornament for my tree. I have a Mickey Mouse tree top too. Yeah, tigsmom, there are some other ones we HAVE to put out, but nothing is perfect...:lol:

sunya

Magic at home

Just a few of my favorite things that keep the MAGIC alive at home:

My cellphone plays "When You Wish Upon A Star" when it rings
Disney wallpapers, icons and screensavers on my 2 computers
Disney CD's and DVD's
Disney frames with Disney pictures and Disney photo albums
Disney mugs and dishes at home and at work
Disney cookie jars at home and at work
Disney pens, pencils, pins, bobble heads, calendars, etc at work
Disney chimes and artwork
Disney countdown clocks-purchased countdown keychains and on my computers
Disney clothing and jewelry
Disney nail art-this really gets people's attention when you have Mickey Mouse airbrushed on your fingernails!

My sister, who is a bigger Disney nut than me if that is possible, sends me a Disney email everyday that has an article about "something" at Disney World and she attatches pictures of us at this "thing" from any one of our 10 trips there.

JMishy

I'm right there with y'all! Visiting this site helps (as long as I don't read the trip reports and get all jealous :lol: ). Since I've only been to WDW once, I don't have many souveniers at all. :( However, the ones I do have I keep near and dear to me. And I can't tell you how man times I've kicked myself for not taking any video footage. I guess I thought I'd miss out on WDW looking at it through a video lense. Anyway, luckily, my husband shares in my Disney eccentrisms (is that a word?) and my children...well, they're only 1 1/2 and bunintheoven so I still have time to brainwa...er...inform them of WDW.

And on the house decorating subject, I've seen the Princess and Buzz Lightyear rooms. I'd love to do that for my kids and even thought of modeling the rest of the house after certain Disney Resorts. I love the layout of Disney's Grand Californian. I bet that would make a great livingroom.

We are freaks, aren't we...? :lookaroun

disneytati

Original Poster
Originally posted by JMishy
I'm right there with y'all! Visiting this site helps (as long as I don't read the trip reports and get all jealous :lol: ). Since I've only been to WDW once, I don't have many souveniers at all. :( However, the ones I do have I keep near and dear to me. And I can't tell you how man times I've kicked myself for not taking any video footage. I guess I thought I'd miss out on WDW looking at it through a video lense. Anyway, luckily, my husband shares in my Disney eccentrisms (is that a word?) and my children...well, they're only 1 1/2 and bunintheoven so I still have time to brainwa...er...inform them of WDW.

And on the house decorating subject, I've seen the Princess and Buzz Lightyear rooms. I'd love to do that for my kids and even thought of modeling the rest of the house after certain Disney Resorts. I love the layout of Disney's Grand Californian. I bet that would make a great livingroom.

We are freaks, aren't we...? :lookaroun

We are all freaks!!!:sohappy: Why don't we create the DFA, Disney Freak Association?:lol:

Yeah, video footage helps a lot... Watching the same videotapes over and over again can make you look silly, people around think you are a freak, but it's a good way to heal the disney blues!

disneytati

Original Poster
Re: Re: Magic at home

Forgot about that...mine plays the Tigger song & I have a winnie the Pooh screen. (just changed from Fraggle Rock & Sorcerer Mickey).

Oh, I wish there were disney cellphones here!!!!!:cry: I wanna move to the USA!!!

disneytati

Original Poster
I have my cell phone from Sprint & they have downloads. My oldest (Lil'Mermaid) has Under the Sea & a Little Mermaid screen, among others. You can change them whenever you want to. :sohappy:

How cool!:cool: So it depends on the cellhpone brand to have disney on it, right? Is Sprint the only one, or there are more? We don't have anything like this here in Brazil... I mean, we have downloads, but not disney ones...:( And only music, not screens. The first cellphones with picture download are starting to appear now, and they are way too expensive!!!

JMishy

Hey Shellie, how are things goin?
If I thought I could get away with it I'd have a bedroom just like the ones in the WL and my living room would look like the lobby.
**heads off to find some totem poles**

I'm still on bedrest and will find out on Thursday if things have healed themselves or not. Thanks for asking about me!

We honeymooned at the WL. I keep dreaming of sitting on our balcony, sipping coffee from our refillable mugs and listening to the water falling from the rocks and kids laughing and playing. Oh, and you'll also need some Teepee lights for that livingroom. Or how about that Grand Canyon fireplace? :lol:

SnowWhite5669

I surround myself with Disney, including working part time at the Disney Store! Planning the next trip is always good, too. Let's see we got back last week and we are already planning another trip in June and September!!

disneytati

Original Poster
Originally posted by JMishy
I'm still on bedrest and will find out on Thursday if things have healed themselves or not. Thanks for asking about me!

Everything will be fine, you'll see. We are all praying for you!!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom