What do you collect from the parks?

CommandoDisney

Original Poster
So i was dusting off my shot glass collection from around the world (as in earth, not just walt's) and i counted 17 of my shot glasses came from wdw. i was surprised because i thought i had a lot more than that from wdw. on one trip i had tried to collect the pressed pennies, but i never seemed to have any change on me so i only ended up with about 7.

so i know pins are big collectibles, but what else do you guys collect from the parks and how many do you have in your collections?

mrscricket

I collected pressed pennys.

I started it in 2003 and I bought a pressed penny album.

When I went back in 2007, I fisnished the album and it now takes pride on my bedroom shelf

MKCP 1985

freebies:

I usually try to remember to bring home a park map from each park. It is surprising to see how much the attractions will change from one trip to another if you don't go every year.

I'll also hang onto any unused napkins from meals. I don't go grab extra napkins to keep, but over the course of a trip, we'll usually collect a fair stack of unused napkins that I'll take back and put in my desk at work. Those Mickey napkins can bring an occasional smile to a dreary Monday. :)

I'll also hang onto the odd collectibles that come with food. The Disney-MGM Studios logo pin stuck into the hamburger bun, or the Wilderness Lodge swizzle stick that came with the gin and tonic all end up in some jar back at home. Who knows . . . maybe that stuff will have some collectible value someday. :lol:

I was going to grab a Mission Space barf bag when they started putting those in the attraction, but sadly they are unmarked and free of logos, so nothing fun about having one of those around the house. :lol:

stuff we have to pay for:

My wife likes to try and pick up an ornament or two for the Christmas tree each time we go. When the tree goes up, we are reminded of the various places we've been over all the years we've been together. :)

Tiggerfanatic

I do shot glasses, too. They're cheap and don't take up a lot of room in the suitcase. They're useful, too - somehow a shot of Jack Daniels tastes smoother in a Mickey Mouse shot glass!!

WV_Jayola

i collect pins, big figures, and shirts.

and anything else i see i like.

i guess i should just say the same as the above poster who said : the parks collect money from me..lol

jeff.

DivineMadness7

On my next trip, I'm making it a goal to purchase something from every one of the World Showcase countries. I figure I can give myself a $1-$3 price range and just get something small. I got the idea when looking at the mini Buddha I bought there a few years ago. It would be nice if all the items were something I could display together.

CommandoDisney

Original Poster
On my next trip, I'm making it a goal to purchase something from every one of the World Showcase countries. I figure I can give myself a $1-$3 price range and just get something small. I got the idea when looking at the mini Buddha I bought there a few years ago. It would be nice if all the items were something I could display together.

shot glasses are great for this! they are small, not expensive and are all about the same size which makes them easy to display together. not as cultural as a mini Buddha, but are easy and can be found practically anywhere!

rimousefan84

i have a couple shot glasses from the world as well, however I try not too collect too many shot glasses in general because of the weird looks I get from dear mom and dad. Also DF and I try to make a habbit of purchasing an ornament for our christmas tree.

Freebie: Park maps! We don't have the luxury of visiting the world every year because we enjoy seeing other parts of the world as well. It truly is amazing how the park maps change from vacation to vacation. I broke out the park maps from 97 a couple weeks ago and had a couple chuckles how "advanced" they have gotten.

disneyniebo

We collect the following, in no particular order:
1 Pins
2 pressed pennies
3 pins
4 pictures of everything I can get
5 pins
7 the stuffed guys from holidays
8 pins
9 the good writing pens (the $17.00 ones)
10 pins
11 Christmas ornaments
12 pins
That just about covers it.

Kwit35

Besides all the stuff mentioned by everyone else, I always buy a sweatshirt. I have at least 10 that are still wearable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom