What did you do?

Kristia

Did 3 miles yesterday. I was pretty slow in the beginning but managed negative splits. My first mile was a whopping 11:23 but I managed a 10:35 for my last mile. It was warm and super humid as a thunderstorm had just rolled through. Yuck! My back felt good, so hopefully I am on the mend now and can start training!

Texas84

Did a 3-4-3 week with no walk breaks. Felt pretty strong. Final 10K of the season this Saturday.

A year ago I gave up the Garmin heart monitor because it just kept telling me I'm overdoing it. Tried it again this week and it's interesting. I'll have to post it here and see what you all think. Heart rate now ramps up during the first 1.5 miles then drops and somewhat levels off. I'm going to show it to my doc next visit. On my 4-miler Garmin put me in the underachieving 1-2 zone even though mile 3 was the fastest. I'll have to read up on this.

JillC LI

More details please...I have been off the grid with buying DD pins lately ;-)

Here ya go: http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/pins/donald-duck-80th-anniversary/
It's being sold online in a couple of places. I wonder why you've been off the grid lately though! ;-)

Btw, your short blog report was great. I look forward to reading the longer version when you write it eventually. I have lots of silly little questions for you someday if you're willing to share (not because I'd want to do it - more like the curiosity in how you have to slow down to see a car wreck on the side of the road! LOL). Hope the leg tendonitis is improving.

Last edited:

Kristia

Did a 3-4-3 week with no walk breaks. Felt pretty strong. Final 10K of the season this Saturday.

A year ago I gave up the Garmin heart monitor because it just kept telling me I'm overdoing it. Tried it again this week and it's interesting. I'll have to post it here and see what you all think. Heart rate now ramps up during the first 1.5 miles then drops and somewhat levels off. I'm going to show it to my doc next visit. On my 4-miler Garmin put me in the underachieving 1-2 zone even though mile 3 was the fastest. I'll have to read up on this.
I have never used my heart rate monitor but that makes sense to me. I always feel that I am working harder in that first mile and then my body gets used to the activity and my heart rate and breathing level off.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Here ya go: http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/pins/donald-duck-80th-anniversary/
It's being sold online in a couple of places. I wonder why you've been off the grid lately though! ;-)

Btw, your short blog report was great. I look forward to reading the longer version when you write it eventually. I have lots of silly little questions for you someday if you're willing to share (not because I'd want to do it - more like the curiosity in how you have to slow down to see a car wreck on the side of the road! LOL). Hope the leg tendonitis is improving.
Thanks Jill! Yeah, I gotta get this ;-)

You can ask away. Send me a message on FB or email me. Happy to answer any questions!

AUPr8Hd

Saturday - 5k trail run. I enjoyed the trails. But, I have new respect for those that are on these regularly.

Wednesday - ran a local summer series 5k put on by local high school XC and track team. Miles 1 & 2 have some rolling hills culminating with a nice steady climb for 1/4 mile or so.

Thursday - 4x5:00 of tempo work with 2 to 3 min of rest between. The goal was to finish each 5 minute set as close to each other as possible.

bethram

5.5 this morning at 9:03 pace followed by day 5 of the 30 day ab challenge - yes, I'm an extra day behind now. I'm going to cut the running back to 3 times a week instead of 4 and see if that helps with my motivation.

Since I didn't feel motivated to run yesterday morning I took the kids mountain biking at a local trail. It wasn't far, but it was better than nothing.

Mad Stitch

10 miles this morning at a 9:20 pace. That brings me to the taper in my training for my next race, the Inaugural Cedar Point Run & Ride Half Marathon. Training has been going great, I've been running some of my fastest times ever. I guess loosing 50 pounds since Christmas has a lot to do with it.

Texas84

Spring race season is over for me. Chick-fil-A Race Series 10K today. I was 5th for the region so I should have a top ten finish on points. Didn't get a PR but felt pretty good. Guess I should be happy any time I can beat the magic hour mark.

Going into summer maintenance mode until August Dopey training starts.

a2grafix

In May ran 2 5ks in Memphis, both under 30 with average time of 28:30 / 28:35. Also entered in to run the 2014 St. Jude Half in Memphis as a St. Jude Hero in December (praying for the run not to be canceled due to weather like it did in 2013), and will be entering into the Rock n Roll Cleveland Half Oct. 11. As well on June 4 National Running Day put in 4.5 miles in steamy, hot 87 at around noon. Hurt a bit, stopped a few times but got it done.

But the big news was this morning, Sunday, June 8. After last year's sequestration that canceled the Navy Nautical 10 Miler -- yes 10 nautical miles (11.50 miles in conversion) -- I ran it with not one, not two, but three additional Team RWB Eagles (Memphis needs to establish a chapter!). Wasn't sure I was going to run it because this was Air Guard drill weekend and for the past three days I was part of a team running war game scenarios in donning chemical suits and gas masks. I was also working a 4pm until midnight shift and eating MREs (military meals ready to eat) and UGRs (military unitized group rations - think of it as a large feed MRE). I also got just about 4 hours sleep late Saturday.

1559334_10152435573567708_8006708228734825477_o.jpg

But I did it. I ran the 10 nautical miles in 2:06.34. The only bad thing or things -- I forgot to bring my water bottle, I forgot to bring my music, and I left in the car my energy jellybeans, and my GU drops. Thank goodness every nautical mile marker had either water, Gatorade, and sometimes orange slices.

I am also thankful for the weather gods after Saturday's tornadic weather near Memphis, the gods blessed the course with 69-71F, mostly cloudy, cool breeze, and less humid conditions at 6am. I even made it back to the air base from the Navy base in decent time for formation.

Anchors Aweigh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom