What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry I have been off the grid lately. My training for the 500 mile has been emotionally and physically exhausting. Completely different training this time around, which has my anxiety level on high. Also, knowing the pain I am about to put myself in is terrifying.
Worked on a lot of mental training, hills, becoming a better and faster downhill runner, bushwhacking, and basically building up grit. Everything goes out the window when running 100 milers. But 500 miles: how do you train for getting hit by a truck, get up and get hit again and again for days and days?
The pain is coming. May 22 @ 4pm. Thank you to everyone who followed along last year. I still get choked up reading that thread. I hope you will come back and follow along again.

dreamfinder

A 5k this AM, felt like junk miles. I've been stiff since my weekend runs, this was mostly loosening the legs back up.

12 easy miles on Saturday and 5 easy miles today, having only or two hard days a week is sometimes tough for me to handle I feel like I am not doing enough to train. I constantly have to tell myself to trust the program.

That's the worst feeling. Didn't find that trust until I saw benefits in shorter races.

The pain is coming. May 22 @ 4pm. Thank you to everyone who followed along last year. I still get choked up reading that thread. I hope you will come back and follow along again.

Looking to tag along for the ride again. You are gonna kick it's butt this year.

JillC LI

We leave for California (including 2 days at Disneyland) on May 24th, but you can be sure I'll check in every night to see your progress and cheer for you from the west coast!

Whenever I'm in pain or discomfort running, I think of you for inspiration and my pain seems manageable.

LindsayLoves

@Donald Duck - we will all be following along again to see you crush that 500. Is your wife on update duty again?

@JillC LI - have so much fun in California!

Tempo Tuesday - I am so glad I did not cop out on this run, I had thoughts of doing it on the flat as a pancake Reservoir running track but decided to go ahead as planned and do it on the rolling hills of the park to make myself fight for my pace which was 3 miles at a 7:40 pace. Just over 5.4 miles total with warm up and cool down.

bethram

Tempo Tuesday - I am so glad I did not cop out on this run, I had thoughts of doing it on the flat as a pancake Reservoir running track but decided to go ahead as planned and do it on the rolling hills of the park to make myself fight for my pace which was 3 miles at a 7:40 pace. Just over 5.4 miles total with warm up and cool down.

Amazing is right! WTG!

atrus79

Since it's pouring here in the NorthEast, I had to revert back to the TM for today ... 3.37 miles at an 8:54 pace. First real workout where I pushed myself since the Half Marathon ... it was good to work on speed and towards lowering my overall p/mile pace.

bethram

Treadmill again :( 3.5 miles at 8:56 pace. I also played volleyball for about an hour yesterday afternoon in preparation of the faculty vs 8th grade game in a couple weeks.

OG Runner

I get a little fearful of the days I can't run. I signed up for the Goofy this year, and currently I am still
refereeing indoor soccer 4 days a week. Sometimes toward the end of the week my legs just feel tired.
My schedule changes shortly and I am looking for a better "schedule" of runs.

LindsayLoves

I get a little fearful of the days I can't run. I signed up for the Goofy this year, and currently I am still
refereeing indoor soccer 4 days a week. Sometimes toward the end of the week my legs just feel tired.
My schedule changes shortly and I am looking for a better "schedule" of runs.

No need to fear Goofy this far ahead, you have plenty of time to train, like another 253 days worth of time.

Had to push my 3 mile easy run from yesterday to today due to the crazy rain, end up doing 3.71 @8:41/mile, not exactly a 3 mile easy run but it was beautiful out and I have a rest day scheduled for tomorrow so I couldn't help myself...

Mr mom

Have not even been doing physio as I have been here in florida for the last week,( love the weather) I have been doing a lot of walking but the knee has held up, my problem is incline and stairways, that is when it hurts like hell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom