What did you do?

imagination30

a very warm 59 , compared to this week , but ill take so much so that I did a sluggish 6.66 , yes I know I shouldn't have ended on that , but I didn't know it until I had already hit stop on my watch! .. but indeed it was quite warm today.. , so much so I couldn't seem to get my legs in the groove!,, but managed a av. pace of 10.14 , and mile pace 5.84, I could be back doing a run Disney event next year ! .. we will have to see how it pans out! .. but it looks be possible!

dreamfinder

Saturday was a sub 41:30 10k w/warm up & cool down. I say sub as I killed the treadmill 5.5 mi in and had to switch to a new one so don't know how much the pace was off. The tm started to smell like burning wood, and the pace readout varied by about a mile. When I saw that going all over the place I figured it was time to change. Then went home and did a 5k on snowshoes with the dog. Sun started off with the 5k on snowshoes (both of these were as much walking as running), and then did 10mi@8min pace as a taper.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Easy weekend. 10 Saturday and half dozen Sunday night. Getting geared up for the Cheaha 50k this weekend.

This past Saturday, Isabeau finished her first marathon. We ran the last mile together and she kicked a 10:58 pace. This is with a lot of traffic, high fiving supporters etc. So, I was extremely proud regardless, but there was no "Walk Breaks" that she asked for during training. She was so great, I think we might have a future of running together.

In the corral waiting to run.
photo 1bb.JPG

After earning her medal.
photo 2bb.JPG

Here she is digging it on the course. My girls legs are so little, a 10:58 pace is top notch.
Digging It.jpg

Banzai

Wanted to put out a little better distance before returning to Bogota so DW and I logged our first 7 miler in quite awhile. Now a couple days to acclimate and then see if I can do anything up here in the clouds yet.

joel_maxwell

@joel_maxwell I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of your daughter's race! Congrats to her.
You feeling ready for your ultra?
Thanks Jill. Yes and No. I am ready to go have fun, but Im not in any condition to run this thing super competitive. It is a training run for my 50mi. So, Im being smart, training some this week, not overdoing it, but not tapering. So im sure my legs will fatigue faster, but I just have to stick to my main goal and that is March 29th.

Ive run the course, so that is mentally soothing right there. It is a very challenging section of the Pinhoiti 100. Im just excite to go out, spend some time with some of my buddies, run a good run and have fun in the 4 creek crossings that are going to be thigh high.

Cheaha 50K provile.jpg

Im not stressing about my schedule (first time ever). I was supposed to do 18 Sat and 18 Sun. Ill just do the 31 Sat and then run 6-7 on Sunday to ensure the total miles for the weekend. All Im missing during this week to give me 2 days solid rest is a 65 min run and a Cross Training day.

Thanks for asking Jill.

LindsayLoves

@joel_maxwell - Love your Isabeau race reports. I am super impressed with 10:58/mile pace, I can only imagine how many strides she takes for one of yours.

Today - first day out since last Wednesday (combination crappy weather, LONG workdays, and feeling like poop).

I wanted to do 5 easy miles but when some guy just starting his run tried to pass me up a hill and I wasn't having any of that. Ended up doing a 5.26 mile progression run starting at 8:49/mile with my final mile at 7:59. Oops. I was saving my speed day for tomorrow.

joel_maxwell

@joel_maxwell - Love your Isabeau race reports. I am super impressed with 10:58/mile pace, I can only imagine how many strides she takes for one of yours.
I was just smiling the entire run. She owned that run. Here little legs are the size of my arms. So proud of her for setting a goal and reaching it... even though it was 1 mile at the end, for a 5 year old, dedicating 2 months of running with dad in the cold and sometimes rain, was a challenge.

Now I have another run for us the weekend after my 50mi. She might beat me. LOL

Thanks Lindsay

bethram

What a difference two days can make! It was 31 degrees when I ran at 5am Monday morning, it was 61 degrees when I ran at 4am today, and to think we missed four days of school last week because of snow and sleet. Welcome to winter in Georgia!

Hills today, added a bit extra to my normal route, 4.4 miles at 9:11 pace.

a2grafix

Been kind of quiet on the boards in recent weeks. Sort of shut down my body after training, running four half marathons the past five months. It's also been cold in Memphis due to the Polar Vortex and colder winter season. But I am back to training for my next half marathon March 16 in Germantown, Tenn., a nice suburb of Memphis.

2014-02-15_10-00-39_961.jpg

Last Friday, Valentine's Day, got back into training for my next half marathon with a 2.85 mile run. Saturday morning a change of pace; walked 3.1 miles with my girlfriend during the Move It Memphis 5k-10k. Chilly start, low 30s, 5mph breeze. A cold walk but good walk through Downtown Memphis.

Ended the weekend with a gorgeous and warm 59-60 degree winter late afternoon 4 mile run. Run took me along the Mississippi River. Gorgeous sunset. A prelude to the warmer week ahead.

2014-02-16_17-46-34_809.jpg
2014-02-16_18-04-10_396.jpg

Tuesday it was in the upper 60s, low 70s in Memphis with a touch of humidity. Perfect early afternoon for a 2.60-mile run. Taking advantage of the spring preview next few days as after Thursday's turbulent rainy forecast, it will dip into the 50s and 40s for the next week.

Happy training all.

Last edited:

JillC LI

Been kind of quiet on the boards in recent weeks. Sort of shut down my body after training, running four half marathons the past five months. It's also been cold in Memphis due to the Polar Vortex and colder winter season. But I am back to training for my next half marathon March 16 in Germantown, Tenn., a nice suburb of Memphis.

Welcome back. Beautiful sunset shots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom