What did you do?

Ariel484

That is why I have never gone with a handheld. At least you will have killer triceps and shoulders from lugging that thing around.

Let's hope! ;)

One other bad thing about it...when I get home my upper back was pretty sore, I guess from tensing my shoulders to hold the bottle. When I was out there I saw someone else running with a belt/bottle set-up and it occurred to me that hers looked pretty stable and was up near her waist - I always had mine sit on my hips, and it would bounce around, which made me hate it. So maybe I just need to give the belt another try with some adjustments. :confused:

Kristia

Let's hope! ;)

One other bad thing about it...when I get home my upper back was pretty sore, I guess from tensing my shoulders to hold the bottle. When I was out there I saw someone else running with a belt/bottle set-up and it occurred to me that hers looked pretty stable and was up near her waist - I always had mine sit on my hips, and it would bounce around, which made me hate it. So maybe I just need to give the belt another try with some adjustments. :confused:
I have a belt and I also have to keep it up around my waist or else it bounces too much. Mine is a Nathan belt, but I have replaced the bottle with a Camelback bottle because the Nathan one started leaking.

LindsayLoves

Let's hope! ;)

I am a belt wearer for long runs and it took me quite a while to find out just where to wear it so it 1. didn't bounce to much 2. didn't rub 3. doesn't make my hips/back hurts. I wear mine around my waist so its pretty high up there and while it looks so dumb it functions the best in that spot. It is almost as tight as the belt will go because I wear it around the smallest part of my mid-section which could be an issue if I drop 15 lbs. ;)

a2grafix

Birthday was Monday. The big 43, but I don't look 43. Sometimes I feel like 43 with certain aches and pains even though I feel like a young sprite kid most of the time (still have soreness in my left ankle after twisting it something good at the end of February). Most at work guessed 38, someone guessed 40. I even got carded at the next door college watering hole after work. Amazing.

About the hit the urban jungle that is downtown. In honor of the big 4-3, either run 4.3 miles or 43 minutes - whichever comes first. Then off to work, get a good night's sleep, go back to work Wednesday, and then run in the Stars and Stripes 5K in the shadow of the Liberty Bowl.

Ariel484

I have a belt and I also have to keep it up around my waist or else it bounces too much. Mine is a Nathan belt, but I have replaced the bottle with a Camelback bottle because the Nathan one started leaking.

I am a belt wearer for long runs and it took me quite a while to find out just where to wear it so it 1. didn't bounce to much 2. didn't rub 3. doesn't make my hips/back hurts. I wear mine around my waist so its pretty high up there and while it looks so dumb it functions the best in that spot. It is almost as tight as the belt will go because I wear it around the smallest part of my mid-section which could be an issue if I drop 15 lbs. ;)

Okay, so it sounds like maybe I've been sort of an airhead when it comes to adjusting my belt! :p D'oh!

JillC LI

When I was out there I saw someone else running with a belt/bottle set-up and it occurred to me that hers looked pretty stable and was up near her waist - I always had mine sit on my hips, and it would bounce around, which made me hate it. So maybe I just need to give the belt another try with some adjustments. :confused:

I wear mine around my waist too, nice and tight. Comfort trumps appearance.

Birthday was Monday. The big 43, but I don't look 43. Sometimes I feel like 43 with certain aches and pains even though I feel like a young sprite kid most of the time (still have soreness in my left ankle after twisting it something good at the end of February). Most at work guessed 38, someone guessed 40. I even got carded at the next door college watering hole after work. Amazing.

About the hit the urban jungle that is downtown. In honor of the big 4-3, either run 4.3 miles or 43 minutes - whichever comes first. Then off to work, get a good night's sleep, go back to work Wednesday, and then run in the Stars and Stripes 5K in the shadow of the Liberty Bowl.

Happy birthday! I'm 44 and I recently got proofed at the supermarket buying Mike's Hard Lemonade for a BBQ! LOL

I did 4 miles outdoors this morning at exactly 10 minute pace, so 4.3 miles would have been the same as 43 minutes running for me! It was very early but already disgustingly humid.

LindsayLoves

I am not fully acclimated to this whole summer running thing yet since I took some time off after my honeymoon and the short race as soon as I got back. The humidity thoroughly kicked my behind and I was only about to get in just over 3 miles at a painfully poor pace. Might be time to get up at 4am to run before the heat settles in.

Kristia

I am not fully acclimated to this whole summer running thing yet since I took some time off after my honeymoon and the short race as soon as I got back. The humidity thoroughly kicked my behind and I was only about to get in just over 3 miles at a painfully poor pace. Might be time to get up at 4am to run before the heat settles in.
I am having a tough time with the humidity too! Everyday, more of the same. High humidity and chance of thunderstorms all day. More often than not, we have had rain in the late afternoon and overnight. My pace has been really suffering but I am hoping it makes me stronger in the fall.

As for me, I did 8.75 miles on my bike tonight. Had to switch my cross-train night to tonight so that Dan and I can run tomorrow. He had to work late tonight due to having off on the 4th.

@a2grafix - Happy Birthday!

dreamfinder

Great to see everyone still doing miles in the heat/crappy rain, sucks to hear about some of the injuries.

So I've been slacking the last few weeks. Int'l travel messed me up, then a week of vacation in the hills of VT screwed with the schedule even more. Although VT was a good thing. Went to Wanderlust (I'm sure some of you yoga fans have heard of it). Not only did I get roped into doing some Yoga (kinda liked it, just need time to fit some of that into the schedule) I ended up doing some slackline stuff (found out how weak my core really is) and did a trail/mountain run with Josh Ferenc. @DonaldDuck may have heard of him, pretty hard core, but he specializes in hills (ran a 1:05:XX up Mt Washington a few weeks prior) and is just getting into the ultra game. That run kicked my butt on the hill section, but it got me to remember how much fun just running can be, instead of always training. Add on that I got 6 growlers from assorted VT breweries, plus some Heady Topper (Did you get any Nick?) I'll take the setback in stride.

Last Sat was mile warm up/cool down with 5@7:03 in the middle, Sun was 10@8:03. Trying to just put the miles back on there. And then this week I've gone in off shift (like 2 AM off shift) then still do my normal day 3 outta the last 4 days, so I haven't even been able to get in my cross training/speed work this week. Hope that settles down over the long weekend and I can get some more miles in.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday! I'm 44 and I recently got proofed at the supermarket buying Mike's Hard Lemonade for a BBQ! LOL
and you rock 44 too! ;)

Over the weekend I swam and then did two miles. I slowed down on those two miles, but improved my overall pace as I was able to run more continuously. I went from 14:00 to 13:30. I'll take it! My knees have been in a lot of pain. Friday I get my new, properly fitted shoes. I can't wait. I still feel a bit like I'm stumbling around in the dark figuring out this running "thing". I actually looked up a glossary of terms the other day because I felt lost following some of the running forums. I love reading what you all post. Very inspiring!

Mr mom

I wear mine around my waist too, nice and tight. Comfort trumps appearance.

I did 4 miles outdoors this morning at exactly 10 minute pace, so 4.3 miles would have been the same as 43 minutes running for me! It was very early but already disgustingly humid.

I'm 45 and unfortunately my grey hair tends to negate ever getting carded...lol

11.8 miles today and joy oh bliss the only water on me was sweat

Texas84

I am having a tough time with the humidity too! Everyday, more of the same. High humidity and chance of thunderstorms all day. More often than not, we have had rain in the late afternoon and overnight. My pace has been really suffering but I am hoping it makes me stronger in the fall.

Read an article today on active.com that says heat and humidity training can have the same impact as altitude training. First I've heard of that but I've seen other articles saying summer training makes for strong fall runs.

Ariel484

Happy belated birthday @a2grafix !!
@dreamfinder ...welcome back to the US. :)
@Texas84 - really interesting about humidity helping as much as altitude. I definitely think running in warmer/more humid weather helps but on the same level as high-altitude training? Never heard that either!

My schedule is wonky this week with not being in the office tomorrow and Friday...I lifted again today since I needed the gym access. Hopefully I didn't trash my legs for my 5-mile race tomorrow! o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom