What did you do?

fmingo36

I usually only take 2 bottles with me and put them on the back, but I can fill more if it's a particularly long run.

I do the same thing. :D

This morning I went out at 6am to do 4 miles in a light drizzle which actually made the humidity bearable. Unfortunately, about half way through, I hit a patch of slick grass and went flying onto the cement. Tore up my knee pretty bad. No way to get home though except to keep running. As I approached the house, my hubby was stopped at a traffic light on his way to work. We waved and smiled, then he pointed at my leg in horror. I looked down and saw that the rain had made the blood run down my leg and look worse than it was. I just shrugged and kept running.

OUCH! :mad: Glad it was only a bad gash and not a more severe injury. Kudos to you for keeping on running!

bethram

Competition Core, 47 minutes, HRM said 527 calories burned. I've got to start going to bed earlier, I've had a hard time getting up every day this week.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Well you know me, I Frankenstein my own hydration vest. More European style than the stuff you see in the US.

Taking it slow because of the heat and humidity. Only 15 mi a day for the last week or so.

Those I'm connected to on FB, you saw the artocle in my local newpaper
http://starnewsgroup.com/weekly/2013/06.27.13/bautista_rea_06.27.13_56760.html

Anyway, running really well, faster and more agile. The new hydro vest is working great. Trying to drop some weight for speed for Oil Creek 100 in October.

View attachment 29011
Love the new rig. Im actually going on lunch today and searching for a few things to Frankenstein my vest. I learned from the best.

Wow, I got to get my eyes checked because I saw the picture and said why does his strap say "Bud Light". He would NEVER drink that. LOL
Bwhahahahahaha. Oh dear Lord. The day I see a Bud Light grace Nick's lips, I know that he has been abducted by aliens, and there is a alien Nick on the planet posing as him, clearly not doing enough research to completely pull off the body double.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Competition Core, 47 minutes, HRM said 527 calories burned. I've got to start going to bed earlier, I've had a hard time getting up every day this week.
Yep, that is part of what broke me down. The last 2 months, I averaged 5-6 hours a night, still maintained 6 days a week schedule. Live and learn.

9 miles to finish my week, for you weekend runners, happy running
Solid run. Nice job.

JillC LI

Thought you might find this article interesting, Nick: http://www.runnersworld.com/ultra-marathons/want-less-muscle-fatigue-run-200-miles

Thanks. It's a tad sore but tolerable. Actually, I must have tightened my legs weirdly to try to prevent the fall as it happened, and now my quads on both legs are much more sore than the knee. My next run isn't til the weekend and I'm sure I'll be fine by then.

Woke up this morning with legs that literally felt like I'd run a marathon yesterday. My quads are so unbearably sore, I can hardly walk. Forget stairs. The knee is not bad, but geez I really did a number on my quads when I tried to prevent the fall yesterday. Ugh.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Love the new rig. Im actually going on lunch today and searching for a few things to Frankenstein my vest. I learned from the best.

Bwhahahahahaha. Oh dear Lord. The day I see a Bud Light grace Nick's lips, I know that he has been abducted by aliens, and there is a alien Nick on the planet posing as him, clearly not doing enough research to completely pull off the body double.

Seriously lmao. 'Pod-Nick' had better do his home work!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thought you might find this article interesting, Nick: http://www.runnersworld.com/ultra-marathons/want-less-muscle-fatigue-run-200-miles

Woke up this morning with legs that literally felt like I'd run a marathon yesterday. My quads are so unbearably sore, I can hardly walk. Forget stairs. The knee is not bad, but geez I really did a number on my quads when I tried to prevent the fall yesterday. Ugh.

I did read that Jill, thanks. So I guess I shouldn't feel a damn thing after running 460 miles? Lol.

The elites running the 200 mile version a week after we started were in for a surprise. No one finished, including the leader who is a Hardrock 100 veteran runner. Hardcore course. Toughest 100 miler in US. Cult following. He said Hardrock was easier than McNaughton. He dropped complaining about his feet being destroyed. RD said, 500 miler Nick's feet looked like that on day 2. It's day eight and he's still going...

JillC LI

I did read that Jill, thanks. So I guess I shouldn't feel a damn thing after running 460 miles? Lol.

The elites running the 200 mile version a week after we started were in for a surprise. No one finished, including the leader who is a Hardrock 100 veteran runner. Hardcore course. Toughest 100 miler in US. Cult following. He said Hardrock was easier than McNaughton. He dropped complaining about his feet being destroyed. RD said, 500 miler Nick's feet looked like that on day 2. It's day eight and he's still going...

That's right, you should have been floating on air after those 460! :D;)

I didn't realize that no one finished the 200 mile course. Makes what you did even more astounding . . . if that's even possible. Loved the news article, btw.

Mr mom

Yeah, it is always the next day when you feel the real damage

fmingo36

Seriously lmao. 'Pod-Nick' had better do his home work!

Did I mention Nick asked for a Bud Light at Mile 450. Yup he was THAT delirious!!!...jk:p

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Never ran W&D? One free Bud or Bud Light at the finish! Woo-hoo!

Yeah, I skipped that line and went for the craft booth. :D
Oh man, that budlight crap is useless. It should be illegal. How can the makers of that trash be proud of that product?

I pop open a bottle of Stone ABA or DFH in resistance to yellow carbonated water!

bethram

I don't know what it is, I just didn't want to run this morning or really any morning this week. Maybe it's because I'm used to taking the summer off from running and I'm not this year. Who knows... I did get out and run and it wasn't so bad once I got going with the exception of the heat and humidity. 5.7 miles at 8:48 pace.

Kristia

We did 9 miles this morning at 11:46 pace. Were planning to go out at 6:30 am but it was pouring so we waited till it passed and went out about 8:30. Timed it a little too late since it started to get pretty hot for the last 2 miles. I hope suffering through this summer heat and humidity makes us stronger in the fall!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom