What did you do?

Texas84

4 miles today. Tried a different route on the sidewalks along one of our main roads. Needed a break from dodging cars in my subdivision. A bit more hilly than I'm used to, about 170 ft worth. Out and back starting into a stiff wind. Yep, negative split with the nice tailwind. :)

Then cut the wet grass (soggy down here) and picked weeds for an hour. 21 extra Weight Watcher points! Oh yeah, I used them.

JillC LI

Still had a lot of pain in the quads this morning from my fall on Thursday, but figured I'd better run through it to help ease it up. Did my 6 miles on the TM to help lessen the impact though. Still really sore tonight going up and down stairs but glad I got my run in.

a2grafix

Ran 3.5 miles Saturday afternoon in upper 80s, about 90F, with lowish humidity. Still crossed my new finish line and got soaked in the city center fountains - as did an assortment of kids. Ran about 35 minutes. About to head out Sunday for a longer 5-mile-ish run through other downtown streets. Perfect weather - 78-80F, slight breeze, no humidity in Memphis. Ahhh ....

But according to the Disneyland half marathon training plan I should be running at least 11 miles this weekend. Is 8.5 combined okay? Yes, yes it is.

##EDIT##

Ended up running 7 miles Sunday afternoon. So add to the 3.5, that's 10.5 miles. So, I guess 10.5 miles is close to 11 miles. I'll likely run either Monday or Tuesday lightly around 3 miles before Wednesday evening''s Stars and Stripes 5K at the Liberty Bowl.

Kristia

Busy day today! Picked up a couple of rescue dogs that had arrived in Jersey from a high-kill shelter in GA and transported them to their, hopefully, second to last stop before finding their forever homes. They went to a great organization called Almost Home in North Jersey that fosters dogs and then finds adoptive families for them. Came home after 4 hours of driving, took a quick nap and forced myself to do 12ish miles on my bike for my cross-training day.

diddy_mouse

Cross-training today which means yoga, yoga, yoga. :) I like fitting it in right after work as my way to come down from the day and be mellow for the rest of the evening.

I think tomorrow I'll hit the elliptical and get a few miles in. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I've put a run in (terrible, i know) and for some reason I'm worried about hitting the treadmill too hard. My knees have been feeling a little funny lately so I'll see how they do. The good thing is now I'm comfortable with my new work schedule which means my fitness schedule will get back on track. :)

Sumrdog

We got home from a lovely long weekend of camping, swimming and paddle boarding. It was 97 degrees when we arrived at our house after a 5 hour car ride. I desperately wanted to go for a run. I put it off until 8:00 pm and then left in blinding sunshine and 93 degrees. I made it 3.5 miles at 11:20. I am in awe of those of you who live in warm climates...I don't know how you do it! The weather says 101 today I am definitely taking the kids to the lake after work!

Ariel484

Tried out my new Nathan handheld bottle on a 9-miler on Saturday...I like it but don't love it. It's a 22-ounce bottle, so while I like having more available when I'm running compared to my old 12-ounce bottle, it's kind of heavy to carry when full. Also, the Amphipod bottle I have is a better shape for my hand to hold comfortably. But the new one doesn't leak, so that alone makes it a winner.

Yesterday was a rest day since I was up bright and early to book some ADRs. :D Today was lifting + Ab Ripper X. I have my town's 5-mile race coming up on the 4th and am really hoping to improve my time from last year. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Tried out my new Nathan handheld bottle on a 9-miler on Saturday...I like it but don't love it. It's a 22-ounce bottle, so while I like having more available when I'm running compared to my old 12-ounce bottle, it's kind of heavy to carry when full. Also, the Amphipod bottle I have is a better shape for my hand to hold comfortably. But the new one doesn't leak, so that alone makes it a winner.

Yesterday was a rest day since I was up bright and early to book some ADRs. :D Today was lifting + Ab Ripper X. I have my town's 5-mile race coming up on the 4th and am really hoping to improve my time from last year. :)
That is why I have never gone with a handheld. At least you will have killer triceps and shoulders from lugging that thing around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom