What did you do?

Ariel484

Yesterday - lifting + Ab Ripper X
Today - 3 miles on the treadmill. I wanted to run outside before work but we have those pop-up thunderstorms too...and while I'll run outside in most any weather I do draw the line at running in t-storms.

I think the storms are supposed to stop for us after tomorrow and then we'll have a rainy weekend...meaning rainy runs. Oh well!

Anyone here like Nathan handheld water bottles? My Amphipod bottle has been leaking over the past few months and I'm finally annoyed enough to want to replace it. A store here at work sells Nathan stuff (I like the handheld bottles better than the waist pack ones) so I think I'll try one of those. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The funny thing is that I wear a 1.7 liter Camelbak when I go biking, but I never carry water when I run. I think I drank just over 5 liters yesterday and I just sucked down another liter after I ran just now, so I don't think I need to worry about dehydration. I need to get myself a water bottle to run with (with a strap) because I don't think it would be fun to run with my Camelbak, it just seems that they are way overpriced. I've been looking at something like this because I don't want to wear a belt.

That's a good point you made about carrying extra in case someone else needs it.
Those are the normal among the group I run with. Me and another guy wear vests, and 1 wears a belt. Only thing I dont like on the hand held, is 1) if I ever needed to use trekking poles 2) I dont like things in my hands when running

Id start with that. Cant go wrong. I also pack more water than necessary in the event that something go really wrong, you get hurt deep in the trail and you might be there awhile. You just never know and I'd like to be a little over prepared.

Texas84

Anyone here like Nathan handheld water bottles? My Amphipod bottle has been leaking over the past few months and I'm finally annoyed enough to want to replace it. A store here at work sells Nathan stuff (I like the handheld bottles better than the waist pack ones) so I think I'll try one of those. :)

Had a Nathan belt I was happy with but I switched to iFitness after seeing them at a WDW expo. Love their stuff. Never have tried handheld though.

Texas84

Survived another Higdon T-W-Th work week, three miles each. This morning was really rough starting out but I was able to get into the Magic Running Zone and that got me home. In July the Wednesdays bump up to four miles and in August they go to five. Humidity this morning was off the chain. Love it!

Ariel484

The funny thing is that I wear a 1.7 liter Camelbak when I go biking, but I never carry water when I run. I think I drank just over 5 liters yesterday and I just sucked down another liter after I ran just now, so I don't think I need to worry about dehydration. I need to get myself a water bottle to run with (with a strap) because I don't think it would be fun to run with my Camelbak, it just seems that they are way overpriced. I've been looking at something like this because I don't want to wear a belt.

That's a good point you made about carrying extra in case someone else needs it.

I carry a handheld bottle for runs less than 10 miles...10 miles + I wear a Camelbak. I really like having a ton of water (literally) on me if I need it. For the most part I don't mind running with it and think it's better than a belt, but lately I'll finish a longer run with chafing on my back and shoulders. :confused: Hopefully tightening the straps will help with that. I can handle a little chafing if it means I won't wilt in this heat though.

fmingo36

I have a belt and I love it. 4 small 6 oz containers for water plus a pocket for extra gum, $, and my phone (I have a VERY SMALL phone). I do have to have it fit a certain way on my hips or it jostles a bit but
I don't think I could run with something in my hands.

JillC LI

I have a belt and I love it. 4 small 6 oz containers for water plus a pocket for extra gum, $, and my phone (I have a VERY SMALL phone). I do have to have it fit a certain way on my hips or it jostles a bit but

I have the same thing. I usually only take 2 bottles with me and put them on the back, but I can fill more if it's a particularly long run.

This morning I went out at 6am to do 4 miles in a light drizzle which actually made the humidity bearable. Unfortunately, about half way through, I hit a patch of slick grass and went flying onto the cement. Tore up my knee pretty bad. No way to get home though except to keep running. As I approached the house, my hubby was stopped at a traffic light on his way to work. We waved and smiled, then he pointed at my leg in horror. I looked down and saw that the rain had made the blood run down my leg and look worse than it was. I just shrugged and kept running.

I have the same thing. I usually only take 2 bottles with me and put them on the back, but I can fill more if it's a particularly long run.

This morning I went out at 6am to do 4 miles in a light drizzle which actually made the humidity bearable. Unfortunately, about half way through, I hit a patch of slick grass and went flying onto the cement. Tore up my knee pretty bad. No way to get home though except to keep running. As I approached the house, my hubby was stopped at a traffic light on his way to work. We waved and smiled, then he pointed at my leg in horror. I looked down and saw that the rain had made the blood run down my leg and look worse than it was. I just shrugged and kept running.
You trooper you! How is it feeling now?

JillC LI

You trooper you! How is it feeling now?

Thanks. It's a tad sore but tolerable. Actually, I must have tightened my legs weirdly to try to prevent the fall as it happened, and now my quads on both legs are much more sore than the knee. My next run isn't til the weekend and I'm sure I'll be fine by then.

Thanks. It's a tad sore but tolerable. Actually, I must have tightened my legs weirdly to try to prevent the fall as it happened, and now my quads on both legs are much more sore than the knee. My next run isn't til the weekend and I'm sure I'll be fine by then.
Kind of sounds like what happens when you get into a car accident. You tighten up and end up with soreness all over your shoulders and arms.

Ariel484

Maybe that's what I need to look into in the future. The belt I have holds one big bottle in the back (20 oz I think?) and that thing bounces like crazy. I hate it. But distributing the weight through 4 smaller bottles might make it more stable...hmm...

Ouch! :( Glad you're feeling better. That's funny about it looking like more blood due to the rain...that always happens if I cut my leg while shaving in the shower. It looks like I'm dying and then it turns out to be some tiny nick.

bethram

I'm glad you're ok! I hope the soreness doesn't last long!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nothing can get in the way of those happy hands and high fives. Dont you ever restraint these guys. They love to cheer and must be FREE!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Well you know me, I Frankenstein my own hydration vest. More European style than the stuff you see in the US.

Taking it slow because of the heat and humidity. Only 15 mi a day for the last week or so.

Those I'm connected to on FB, you saw the artocle in my local newpaper
http://starnewsgroup.com/weekly/2013/06.27.13/bautista_rea_06.27.13_56760.html

Anyway, running really well, faster and more agile. The new hydro vest is working great. Trying to drop some weight for speed for Oil Creek 100 in October.

image.jpg

fmingo36

Well you know me, I Frankenstein my own hydration vest. More European style than the stuff you see in the US.

Taking it slow because of the heat and humidity. Only 15 mi a day for the last week or so.

Those I'm connected to on FB, you saw the artocle in my local newpaper
http://starnewsgroup.com/weekly/2013/06.27.13/bautista_rea_06.27.13_56760.html

Anyway, running really well, faster and more agile. The new hydro vest is working great. Trying to drop some weight for speed for Oil Creek 100 in October.

View attachment 29011

Wow, I got to get my eyes checked because I saw the picture and said why does his strap say "Bud Light". He would NEVER drink that. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom