What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Most people have a countdown for something fun and relaxing. Nope, not you. You have a countdown to 5-7 days of pain, darkness, loneliness, delirium, vomiting, etc. and more pain. You are one crazy you-know-what and I am so glad that I can call you my friend! Go get em' Machine!
My own personal Doomsday Clock
I am glad, and lucky to have you and your hubs as friends too! Will you make it to VT to help crew for a day or two???

LindsayLoves

4.04 mi @ 9:21. Trying to get myself back in the game after some ITB issues. This run was good, the knee felt good, then horrible, and then ok (repeat about 5 times). I really wanted to push myself which I did but not to the point of uber can't walk tomorrow pain - hopefully!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
4.04 mi @ 9:21. Trying to get myself back in the game after some ITB issues. This run was good, the knee felt good, then horrible, and then ok (repeat about 5 times). I really wanted to push myself which I did but not to the point of uber can't walk tomorrow pain - hopefully!
I had some IT stuff going on in late September: tear-inducing pain. I got an IT strap, placed some extra padding kn the pressure point area, and duct taped it. It worked for the first 30 miles, but just bite down on yourl molars and find a happy place, you'll push through :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
F___ yeah it is. I've been talking to the only two finishers of the 500, and it's a guarantee I'll be broken several times; mentally and physically over the course of the race. Good thing I'm ultra-stubborn...

Texas84

Cousin tried to do 17 Sunday but stopped at 12 with a bum foot. I'm a bit concerned but she is stubborn. Not ultra-stubborn, just normal. :) Of course, being at WDW is worth at least an extra 6 miles.

Power 90 circuit for me today. Only a week but the moves are getting a bit more manageable.

GoofyRacer11

Ran 18 miles yesterday in the local metroparks! It was a beautiful day for Northeast Ohio, especially for this time of year, which made the run quite enjoyable. Tonight at CrossFit, we did a WOD that worked our legs pretty good. Needless to say I should be a bit sore tomorrow, but I'm still going to run. One more 20 mile run this weekend and then I'm on my taper. Hope everyone is doing well with their training!

LindsayLoves

I had some IT stuff going on in late September: tear-inducing pain. I got an IT strap, placed some extra padding kn the pressure point area, and duct taped it. It worked for the first 30 miles, but just bite down on yourl molars and find a happy place, you'll push through :D

Hmm this kind of seems up my alley. Whatever it takes to get me through the marathon in January, we are flying back the next day so walking afterwards isn't a super high priority.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles last night on a night run.

So, it's Tuesday. Why not do a Brick workout. I got up around 4:55 and headed to the pool. I did 10 down and backs in about 30 minutes including warmup, then cycled 7.5 miles and then hit the weights. Funny thing is, I did 10 DnB's in about 20-23 minutes with 30 second breaks between. This same workout took me 40-45 minutes when I started. Progress!

Happy Wednesday. 8 miles in the morning.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
32k + on the trails this morning.

Rained hard last night, so there was plenty of mud and slippery roots.

Ankles and quads are super sore.

Arrogant ales now while I do the laundry :D

Texas84

Yep, the Monday rain made it really chilly this morning, even though it was actually 57F at 0530. The Christmas lights in the morning make it fun.

3 non-stop miles this morning, Power 90 cardio after work. Darn yoga is killing me.

joel_maxwell

Yep, the Monday rain made it really chilly this morning, even though it was actually 57F at 0530. The Christmas lights in the morning make it fun.

3 non-stop miles this morning, Power 90 cardio after work. Darn yoga is killing me.
LOL, Im moaning and groaning if it is 57. LOL. Much respect for yoga and those who do. (fmingo!)

JillC LI

I'm baaaaaaaaack! Actually, I've been back since Sunday night but unfortunately I've also been siiiiiiiick. Still am. Probably with bronchitis because I can't seem to get enough air or stop coughing. Too sick to run kind of sick. Ugh. But enough of that.

Our trip was amazing despite my coming down with whatever this is on the second to last day. I wasn't going to let it slow me down in Disney World! I'm going to do a trip report but suffice it to say that it was really special being there during the holiday season for the first time, seeing the Osborne Lights, the life-size gingerbread house at GF, the chocolate carousel at BC, the MSEP with my favorite character Pete's Dragon, and so much else. We were going nonstop from 6:30am everyday until nearly midnight everday, soaking in every second of the magic we could. My hubby recently got a Fitbit which tells him how far he's walked, calories burned, etc., and he kept it on for the trip. Would you believe we all walked over 55 miles in 3.5 days?!?!?! That's more than two marathons that we all (including the kids) walked! Makes me feel less guilty about not being able to run for the past week.

I got lots of souvenirs, but I thought you guys would appreciate this little goodie:

2012-December-DisneyUniversal265_zps609d8c68.jpg

Sounds like everyone here has been doing well. Gotta catch up!

Kristia

I'm baaaaaaaaack! Actually, I've been back since Sunday night but unfortunately I've also been siiiiiiiick. Still am. Probably with bronchitis because I can't seem to get enough air or stop coughing. Too sick to run kind of sick. Ugh. But enough of that.

Our trip was amazing despite my coming down with whatever this is on the second to last day. I wasn't going to let it slow me down in Disney World! I'm going to do a trip report but suffice it to say that it was really special being there during the holiday season for the first time, seeing the Osborne Lights, the life-size gingerbread house at GF, the chocolate carousel at BC, the MSEP with my favorite character Pete's Dragon, and so much else. We were going nonstop from 6:30am everyday until nearly midnight everday, soaking in every second of the magic we could. My hubby recently got a Fitbit which tells him how far he's walked, calories burned, etc., and he kept it on for the trip. Would you believe we all walked over 55 miles in 3.5 days?!?!?! That's more than two marathons that we all (including the kids) walked! Makes me feel less guilty about not being able to run for the past week.

I got lots of souvenirs, but I thought you guys would appreciate this little goodie:

2012-December-DisneyUniversal265_zps609d8c68.jpg

Welcome back! Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I can't wait to read your report!

joel_maxwell

Yesterday was 45 mins on the bike. Today was 9x400@1:32 w/400 RI.
Nice avatar! Finally.

Welcome Back Jill!

Sorry you got sick, but glad it didnt knock you out totally. Looking forward to the trip report.

joel_maxwell

7 miles this am at 42 degrees. Pulled a negative split from about 9:15 at start to 8:14 at finish. After yesterday, my legs were a bit like jelly, but that isnt stopping me.

I heard some ruckus in the woods and something ran really hard into a chain link fence on the edge of property. Next thing you know, 2 deer are running parallel to me in the woods. They won the race to the end of the street. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom