What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
20+ everday. Such low mileage!

32 miles for my birthday run tomorrow: 1 mile for every year :D

Time to run before I start cooking...Happy Gobble Day ...says the vegetarian.

Gobble.
Happy Birthday bro. If I ran my birthday mileage come January 1, it would be a Ultra* plus 7 miles.

*assuming the ultra distance was 30 miles. ;)

JillC LI

20+ everday. Such low mileage!

32 miles for my birthday run tomorrow: 1 mile for every year :D

Time to run before I start cooking...Happy Gobble Day ...says the vegetarian.

Gobble.

Happy B-day Nick. Looking forward to your birthday report when you turn 80!

No exercise for me, today unless you count lifting a 20 lb. turkey in and out of the oven :p but wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

LOL, our turkey was 22 pounds, my heaviest yet. No exercise for me on Turkey Day otherwise too. But I woke up this morning and did 8 miles to help work off at least a few bites of what I ate yesterday! LOL. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.

JillC LI

Happy Birthday bro. If I ran my birthday mileage come January 1, it would be a Ultra* plus 7 miles.

*assuming the ultra distance was 30 miles. ;)

I like that. On Tuesday I will be "Ultra distance + 1" years old. Let 'em guess what distance Ultra is involved!
Happily, most people think that I'm 15-20 years younger than I am based on how I look. I still get carded buying beer for my hubby at the supermarket! :D

joel_maxwell

Swimming this am. For the first time since I started back in August, I loved it today. Things seem to click better and my breathing was never anxious breathing. Somebody told me once that one day it would click and to stick with it. I had so much fun getting that work out I did 3 more down and backs.

13 down and backs or 26 lengths. It was a lot of fun today. It might have been that 2 hours extra sleep this am since the kids didnt get up till 7:40 and I usually am up at 5:40.

Long run tomorrow.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Happy B-day Nick. Looking forward to your birthday report when you turn 80!

Haha!! Me too! Thanks Jill. And to answer your question about the boardwalks here: they are gone. From Spring Lake, Belmar, Avon, Bradley beach, Asbury, all gone. Belmar was obliterated. Sea Bright, Monmouth Beach, Sea Side all gone. The 50 miler I did the day before the storm I got to see the entire coast from Squan to Sandy Hook for the last time. Also, the beaches aee 30-40 feet narrower. I've stayed on the trails and I'll be staying there until my 500mile. The solitude out there is amazing.

Mickey&Minnie

20 miles trail run this morning. I will let you guys know how it goes...if I survive. I'm afraid that I will experience the solitude that Donald Duck experiences on his trail runs since most will leave me in their dust. But my husband reminds me to just run my own race and not worry about the others.

Kristia

20 miles trail run this morning. I will let you guys know how it goes...if I survive. I'm afraid that I will experience the solitude that Donald Duck experiences on his trail runs since most will leave me in their dust. But my husband reminds me to just run my own race and not worry about the others.
Good luck! Looking forward to hearing about it later!
Haha!! Me too! Thanks Jill. And to answer your question about the boardwalks here: they are gone. From Spring Lake, Belmar, Avon, Bradley beach, Asbury, all gone. Belmar was obliterated. Sea Bright, Monmouth Beach, Sea Side all gone. The 50 miler I did the day before the storm I got to see the entire coast from Squan to Sandy Hook for the last time. Also, the beaches aee 30-40 feet narrower. I've stayed on the trails and I'll be staying there until my 500mile. The solitude out there is amazing.
The devastation is so depressing. I haven't seen it first hand yet but the pictures are just astounding. I spent so much time in high school and college at Seaside. I have run quite a few smaller races in Brick and Lavallette and Seaside. I still can't believe how much is just gone. I have a good friend who lives in Union Beach. His home was all but destroyed and is going to be condemned. It is just horribly sad.

GoofyRacer11

Normally, I go to CrossFit on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, but since I went shopping in the morning yesterday and they only had morning classes that day, I decided to go this morning. This CrossFit workout was a little different than a normal WOD. There was a warmup and the WOD itself, but no strength or post-WOD. Maybe it's because the workout was a tough one. The warmup was a 400 meter row, 20 pushups, 30 situps, and 10 pullups. The WOD itself consisted of 7 rounds of 7 handstand pushups, 7 thrusters, 7 knees to elbows, 7 deadlifts, 7 burpees, 7 kettle bell swings, and 7 pullups. Just looking at this WOD tells you that it worked the entire body and not just 1 or 2 muscle groups. I finished in 37:30. Normal CrossFit WODs last about 10-20 minutes at most so this one was long compared to others. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to do 16 miles, but my legs have been extremely sore from CrossFit this past week. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Mickey&Minnie

Well I survived today...barely. I chickened out and dropped down to the 10 mile loop. I was so tired of stumbling and tripping over roots and rocks and I don't think my ankle could have taken another 10 miles. The hills were brutal. There were times that I came upon a hill and looking at a distance I couldn't see where it went...straight down, that's where. I definitely underestimated it. My friend said that she hit the wall at mile 14.5 and had to walk the rest of the way and she is usually a pretty strong runner. At one point she said she just wanted to get out of the woods and that she felt that they were closing in on her. I was frustrated with myself and even broke down thinking about it but feeling better now.
I made it home and iced and wrapped my ankle. I need it to not be sore so I can get back to training because apparently I have a lot to do in a month.
On a plus side a female won the 50K by almost 20 minutes. She was amazing. Knocking out close to 8 min miles. And she didn't even look winded. She finished in 4 hours 8 minutes. That is insane.
There were a lot of wipeouts and injuries unfortunately. I'm telling you this is an extremely tough run. One poor lady fell into a tree and got a black eye along with other scratches to the face. I went airborne a couple of times but fortunately was able to catch myself with my hand, but every time I would come down on that ankle wrong.
I finished my 10 miles in unofficially 2:30. I am waiting for them to post the official times. Still deciding if I will become a casualty next year. If I do sign up I think I will sign up for the 10 and then upgrade to the 20 if I am feeling good.
Alright guys that''s it for the day. I hope everybody else's Saturday was interesting as mine.

joel_maxwell

Don't let that bother you while in Orlando. Southerners call every lady "Ma'am" regardless of age. That's just how we are. :)
That is right. I ma'am girls younger than me. ;)

Well I survived today...barely. I chickened out and dropped down to the 10 mile loop. I was so tired of stumbling and tripping over roots and rocks and I don't think my ankle could have taken another 10 miles. The hills were brutal. There were times that I came upon a hill and looking at a distance I couldn't see where it went...straight down, that's where. I definitely underestimated it. My friend said that she hit the wall at mile 14.5 and had to walk the rest of the way and she is usually a pretty strong runner. At one point she said she just wanted to get out of the woods and that she felt that they were closing in on her. I was frustrated with myself and even broke down thinking about it but feeling better now.
I made it home and iced and wrapped my ankle. I need it to not be sore so I can get back to training because apparently I have a lot to do in a month.
On a plus side a female won the 50K by almost 20 minutes. She was amazing. Knocking out close to 8 min miles. And she didn't even look winded. She finished in 4 hours 8 minutes. That is insane.
There were a lot of wipeouts and injuries unfortunately. I'm telling you this is an extremely tough run. One poor lady fell into a tree and got a black eye along with other scratches to the face. I went airborne a couple of times but fortunately was able to catch myself with my hand, but every time I would come down on that ankle wrong.
I finished my 10 miles in unofficially 2:30. I am waiting for them to post the official times. Still deciding if I will become a casualty next year. If I do sign up I think I will sign up for the 10 and then upgrade to the 20 if I am feeling good.
Alright guys that''s it for the day. I hope everybody else's Saturday was interesting as mine.
Congrats on finishing the 10 miles though. Trails are very difficult as you know. It is a love/hate for me. Do you wear a garmin? What was the elevation change etc? What event was it? Sorry for the 20 questions. Ha!

joel_maxwell

As for me, I did 14.25 this morning. Got out early around 5:55am. It was 34 and blustery. Almost 1,000 vertical feet climbed. A trend has started lately and I credit the swimming and biking, but I feel the strongest after the 10 mile point. My speed increases by about 20-30 seconds per mile and I just feel great.

Looking to bump that up some next week to a solid 15 or 16. Ill find another hill to climb.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Trail running is a different animal. You have to be more aware and your body has to react much more quickly. Nice job on the 10, but push yourself and go for the 50k. I'll be doing 50k trail training run on Tuesday. Go hard.

joel_maxwell

Trail running is a different animal. You have to be more aware and your body has to react much more quickly. Nice job on the 10, but push yourself and go for the 50k. I'll be doing 50k trail training run on Tuesday. Go hard.
one thing that I never realized 2 years ago when I did my first trail event, is that you can do all the hill training you want, which helps, but there are a lot of trails that have hills (obviously) but rocks and roots you have to jump up or over. So, it is actually like running uphill and doing stadium stairs all at once. At least that is my analogy.

Downhill is murder on your quads. Only way to train is actually running the trails.

Mickey&Minnie

That is right. I ma'am girls younger than me. ;)

Congrats on finishing the 10 miles though. Trails are very difficult as you know. It is a love/hate for me. Do you wear a garmin? What was the elevation change etc? What event was it? Sorry for the 20 questions. Ha!

It is called the Big Dog Trail Run. http://endurancebuzz.com/2010/12/08/big-dog-trail-run-2010-results/ here is a link that has the elevation. It is actually rated in the top 25 bike trails in the US. How in the world people ride bikes on this trail, I have yet to figure out. Especially with the switchbacks that went up this one hill.

Ha I think next year I will shoot for the 20 but I am definitely going to go and practice the loop before I sign up again. I told my hubby that I am going to show that trail who is boss and I will not let it conquer me again. And then maybe by 2014, I will be able to going the ranks of you and conquer the 50K. I don't know how you do it either. My respect for you grows day by day.

Today I am resting, but thankfully I am not overly sore. Nothing that a foam roller won't help with. Then tomorrow I am back to the grind.

fmingo36

Yesterday, a quick 3.5 mile run with my hubby. But the highlight of the day for me was I got to visit The Machine & Ms. Machine at their lovely home. (Such GREAT people!!!)

This morning was my 1.5 hrs of yoga. My instructor just killed us this morning. She even made the coment about getting rid of the toxins in our body from all the Thanksgiving goodies. Well I guess I deserved it after the godly amount of pumpkin pie I ate this weekend.

Kristia

Sounds like a killer course! It is good you listened to your body and stuck with the 10 miles. Don't want to be recovering from an injury in January! Congrats on the 10 miles! Next time you will know what to expect and will probably be able to conquer the whole thing!

As for me, I did 13 miles this morning @ 11:26 pace. It was cold and windy!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Yesterday, a quick 3.5 mile run with my hubby. But the highlight of the day for me was I got to visit The Machine & Ms. Machine at their lovely home. (Such GREAT people!!!)

You are all the best! I wish we could have done dinner after, but next time. And you're dad's great!

After I showed you the McN500 elevation profile and Alison saw your jaw drop, later that night she says, "let me see that, should I be EXTRA worried??" Her eyes almost popped out. She just covered her face and shook her head, wondering if she'll have a husband left after that run :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom