What did you do?

dreamfinder

Sat was like 12 mi, negative splits for the last 5, following by a 20 min 7 mi bike ride. Sun was 2 hours of shoveling, and then some snowshow sprints with the dog. Hard to run when there are snow banks and no sidewalks, and the gym is closed due to no power. So snow shoeing it was.

JillC LI

14.07 miles this am. About 38 degrees at start. 42 at finish.
I ran it a little faster than I wanted at a 9:12 pace. It was my super hill route. I keep adding sections of more hills to it. Love the torture. :D
After this event is over in 2 weeks, I cant wait for more high mileage since im going for a Full again in February. This time, I keeping the super hill work since it is making me so strong. They keep getting easier form the first/last time I ran them.

Good for you! It's cool to feel yourself getting stronger.

2 rest days in a row :eek:
Yes, it is unheard of when it comes to me, but it's time to start training smarter instead of overkill. Many races coming up in the next few months including the 100 miler and the Goofy Challenge, and I plan on PRs.

Smart man. Glad you're taking care of yourself.

I got this morning up, shoveled the snow off my car and went to the gym for my morning yoga class. Got to the gym and had to turn around because the gym had NO power due to the snowstorm we got. Bummer.

That stinks. Thankfully, Long Island didn't suffer much with power outages.

13 miles for my wife and I today, 9:57 pace.

Fantastic!

15.5 miles this AM, my personal best distance. 34F at start, sunny, calm. Knees behaved today. Could have went a bit further but I am NOT ready for 26 in January. Not worried though. Disney adds energy. :D

You WILL be ready when the time comes. Stick with it. Congrats on your personal best distance!

I ran 18 miles early this morning, but I had to run more on the treadmill than on normal long run days
because my fingers were starting to freeze even with
2 pairs of gloves on.

Wow, that cold already?!?! That's a killer distance for the treadmill.

As for me, there was no snow accumulation after Saturday's storm. The pavement was wet but clean so I was able to do 7 miles outdoors. It was in the mid-30's so I was OK with one pair of gloves. As I get closer to the 5K race, these speed and tempo workouts get tougher and tougher. I feel like it's really getting to me - even more so than marathon training did at double the weekly mileage. I'm tired and achy all the time which wasn't the case with marathon training. I guess my body has a tougher time with speed than distance. But I'm sticking with it and doing every single prescribed workout in an effort to run my absolute best possible race in two weeks. THEN, I'll ease off this pace before I wind up injuring myself or burning out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not bad! Wish I had someone to push me a little harder.

15.5 miles this AM, my personal best distance. 34F at start, sunny, calm. Knees behaved today. Could have went a bit further but I am NOT ready for 26 in January. Not worried though. Disney adds energy. :D

Congrats! Personal best times or distance are always a great feeling!

fmingo36

Got in 4 miles and an hour with weights this morning.
Wanted to burn off as many calories as I could before all the trick-or-treat candy enters into my house. DIBS on the Twizzlers! :lol:

Happy Halloween!

GoofyRacer11

Wow, that cold already?!?! That's a killer distance for the treadmill.

Its not as cold as many places in the northeast. The past couple weeks
have been between 50-60 degrees. Fortunately, I only ran 7 miles on
the treadmill and did the other 11 outside, but I figure I will eventually
have to run that distance on the treadmill before the Goofy Challenge.
Thats Ohio for you.

Phonedave

Saturday the Fairfield 5K got off before the snow fell.

When I got to registration around 8:00 it was not too bad out, so I opted for shorts and a long sleeve running shirt. While hanging around waiting for the 9:45 AM start, the temps dropped about 20 degrees and it started to rain / hail. I did a little re-think and walked back to my car, put on the warm up pants and also my gloves and headband. Glad I had them, the snow started comming down around mile 2

This race had, what has to be, the most random goody bag. Aside from the normal race stuff (keychain, frisbee, etc) there was a pound of dry spaghetti and a big jar of imported Italian seasoned sea salt. Used the salt on a roasted turkey breast Sunday night :D

This race SHOULD qualify me for a 2011 USATF Gold Phidipiddies award. Have to send in my application and see how it goes.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

When I got to registration around 8:00 it was not too bad out, so I opted for shorts and a long sleeve running shirt. While hanging around waiting for the 9:45 AM start, the temps dropped about 20 degrees and it started to rain / hail. I did a little re-think and walked back to my car, put on the warm up pants and also my gloves and headband. Glad I had them, the snow started comming down around mile 2

This race had, what has to be, the most random goody bag. Aside from the normal race stuff (keychain, frisbee, etc) there was a pound of dry spaghetti and a big jar of imported Italian seasoned sea salt. Used the salt on a roasted turkey breast Sunday night :D

This race SHOULD qualify me for a 2011 USATF Gold Phidipiddies award. Have to send in my application and see how it goes.

-dave
That is awesome! Love random bags like that.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X Chest and Back.

I'm not sure what it is about that routine, but I don't like it. I know I got a good workout, but I feel sick to my stomach by the time I'm done.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
P90X Chest and Back.

I'm not sure what it is about that routine, but I don't like it. I know I got a good workout, but I feel sick to my stomach by the time I'm done.

Yeah its a repeat workout. The push ups wipe me out, and then the pull-ups finish me off LOL. It's a good workout, but not one of my favorites either. I generally don't like ones with repeats in them. I like the variation of the other ones.

joel_maxwell

Yeah its a repeat workout. The push ups wipe me out, and then the pull-ups finish me off LOL. It's a good workout, but not one of my favorites either. I generally don't like ones with repeats in them. I like the variation of the other ones.
That is funny how we differ. I like the repeats since i know what is coming and I can pace myself so that the second round is all out. With the other workouts, there was a slight anxiety that I would burn out to fast and have 10-15 minutes left of very hard stuff and not be able to complete it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That is funny how we differ. I like the repeats since i know what is coming and I can pace myself so that the second round is all out. With the other workouts, there was a slight anxiety that I would burn out to fast and have 10-15 minutes left of very hard stuff and not be able to complete it.

LOL yeah that is funny. I'm completely the opposite, I much prefer all the variety and not knowing that I've got to do the same thing all over again.

fmingo36

I like repeats as well. In my classes, I love when we first start a "launch" which means we do the same routine for 6 weeks. I like that I know the musical cues, I don't have to watch the instructors, and can concentrate on getting the correct form of the exercise.
The only problem is that the music used in class is pretty much the real popular stuff (Katy Perry, Rhianna,etc...) and after I get to know the routine, I'll hear the song on the radio or in a store or something and I directly go into "exercise" mode.:lol:

joel_maxwell

LOL yeah that is funny. I'm completely the opposite, I much prefer all the variety and not knowing that I've got to do the same thing all over again.
I can see and appreciate that. Im just too OCD. :lol:

I like repeats as well. In my classes, I love when we first start a "launch" which means we do the same routine for 6 weeks. I like that I know the musical cues, I don't have to watch the instructors, and can concentrate on getting the correct form of the exercise.
The only problem is that the music used in class is pretty much the real popular stuff (Katy Perry, Rhianna,etc...) and after I get to know the routine, I'll hear the song on the radio or in a store or something and I directly go into "exercise" mode.:lol:
Lord, I can see you in a store breaking down into P90X stance ready to do speed skaters.

JillC LI

Got in 4 miles and an hour with weights this morning. Wanted to burn off as many calories as I could before all the trick-or-treat candy enters into my house. DIBS on the Twizzlers! :lol:

Happy Halloween!

LOL, yeah I felt the need to burn off some calories yesterday as well.

-dave

Cool goodie bag. Nice work on the annual award.

As for me, 5 miles this morning on the treadmill. 1 mile each warmup and cooldown with 3 reps in the middle of 1 mile at 8:55 min pace separated by 1 minute rest. Still constantly achy - not pain but just achy. At least my new running shoes arrived in the mail last night (I thought the fedex guy was another trick-or-treater and answered the door holding our candy bowl!). 11 days and counting til my race.

joel_maxwell

4.17 miles this am. It was hard to get out of bed. Not my usual go-getter attitude.

Baby girl has an ear infection going on 3 weeks now (please give us tubes). Needless to say, no good sleep for her, no good sleep for us. Just feel bad for her.

fmingo36

Lord, I can see you in a store breaking down into P90X stance ready to do speed skaters.

Ya I tend to get some pretty weird looks when I hear a song that's used in class when I'm shopping in the dairy department and started doing clean and presses with milk gallons. :lol:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
3.74 miles at a very slow pace. It was my wife's first run since starting physical therapy on her IT Bands, and we wanted a short distance with a slow speed.

All went well, she ran pain (and brace) free. We'll be increasing distance in the upcoming weeks leading up to the WDW 1/2.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X Shoulders and Arms. I really like that workout...seeing a nice increase in the weight I use for each exercise now. :)

joel_maxwell

Tempo run this am. I am still looking for my speed (by my standards, but I think it is just the new baby fatique). All in all, good run. I enjoyed it unlike yesterdays.

9:32
7:50
7:40
9:28
7:38

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom