What did you do?

fmingo36

I really wanted to get a run in today before class so I got to the gym 45 minutes before my yoga/pilates class. Every treadmill was either being used or broken. :hammer: DAMN! So I ended up getting doing 9.5 miles on the bike and an hour of yoga and pilates. Felt good but really had the running mojo going and wanted to take adventage of it.

scorp111

3 miles @ 8:42 per mile

The final 3 training miles for the month, which means I will end with 144 for the month =)
Nothing special tonight, just wanted 3 at close to my Half-Marathon Stretch Goal Pace (which would be 9:10 or so). The best part is that my 144th mile of the month was also my fastest of the month @ 8:21.

Now 60 hours of rest before the races on Saturday and Sunday

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I brought some speed this morning, but not as much as I wanted. Just to dang hilly for 7:30ish times right now. If it were 30 outside, then yes.

3.06 miles
1 - 8.04
2 - 7.49
3 - 7.42
.06 - 7.16

Average: 7.48

scorp111

Thanks! Double post must mean Double Impressive! :D

I thought she meant that she hadn't changed her mind in the 6 minutes between her posts.:)

But even the next day, I will add:

Still Impressive!

Rest day yesterday and today, trying to foam roll some tightness in my left calf. Half Marathon tomorrow and Sunday. Want a PR tomorrow, and just to finish on Sunday. We will see!

October 6th 2010 is when I started running, I don't think I could even have dreamt this a year ago.

Mr mom

I thought she meant that she hadn't changed her mind in the 6 minutes between her posts.:)

Still Impressive!

Rest day yesterday and today, trying to foam roll some tightness in my left calf. Half Marathon tomorrow and Sunday. Want a PR tomorrow, and just to finish on Sunday. We will see!

October 6th 2010 is when I started running, I don't think I could even have dreamt this a year ago.

Good luck, you have really turned onto running.. It will be 2 years in november since I started running. Only recently added the weight training

JillC LI

Thanks! Double post must mean Double Impressive! :D

Well I would have said the same thing, but since Coryna already said it twice, I'll leave it at that :D

Great morning for me 16.8 miles at 8 miles per hour plus 30 minutes with the weights.

Fabulous!

As for me, since I haven't posted in a few days, I did my 4 mile short tempo run on Wednesday at 6 seconds per mile over my requisite pace of 9:22 but since I took my daughter with me on the bike and we had to stop for her to walk across at several intersections, I think I was actually under-pace for most of my run. In fact, the best part of the run was when she said "Mommy, I seem to be pedalling faster than I did the last time I biked with you last month. I think you're running faster!" YIPPEE!

Then, last night at 9:15pm was the first time I had to squeeze in my cross-training so I jumped on the stationary bike for 12.5 miles. I never would have gone running at that hour, but it felt good to get the bike ride in (especially after our huge holiday dinner that night!). I'm really liking this added stationary bike training in my regime.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Still Impressive!

Hey Thanks! :wave:

I love foam rollers. Im glad other use them too.

Oops! Not sure why that did that.

Got in 3 miles this morning (just gorgeous weather for a run) and an hour of weightlifting.
At a girl! You and Jill both have Bad M.F. on you name tag.

Well I would have said the same thing, but since Coryna already said it twice, I'll leave it at that :D

Fabulous!

As for me, since I haven't posted in a few days, I did my 4 mile short tempo run on Wednesday at 6 seconds per mile over my requisite pace of 9:22 but since I took my daughter with me on the bike and we had to stop for her to walk across at several intersections, I think I was actually under-pace for most of my run. In fact, the best part of the run was when she said "Mommy, I seem to be pedalling faster than I did the last time I biked with you last month. I think you're running faster!" YIPPEE!

Then, last night at 9:15pm was the first time I had to squeeze in my cross-training so I jumped on the stationary bike for 12.5 miles. I never would have gone running at that hour, but it felt good to get the bike ride in (especially after our huge holiday dinner that night!). I'm really liking this added stationary bike training in my regime.
Thanks Jill. As for your pace, doesnt that make you feel awesome. Well done!

Nice job also on the stationary bike. You probably benefited more by changing it up.

GoofyRacer11

Woke up at 6:30am to get my 16 miles in today.
Unfortunately, I had to run all of it on the treadmill
because it was a complete downpour outside. I watched
the Merseyside Derby EPL game, which made it go by fast.
I kept a 8:30 minute mile pace throughout the run. Now
I'm relaxing before my two soccer games in the afternoon.

JillC LI

Up at 6:15am to get in 7.6 miles before taking my daughter to the dr for a flu shot. Gorgeous weather in the low 60s. Average pace 9:48. Nice run.

scorp111

Ran the Southern TN Plunge Half Marathon this morning, and did edge out a new PR for the half at 2:06:24. A well put on small race, but I am not really happy with my results. Started off well, maybe too fast, and was at 59 Minutes at the halfway point (around 9 min per mile or sub 2 pace). Some hills on the back half got to me though, and I really struggled home. The course looked flatter on Map my Run than it ended up being and showed on my Garmin. Only mile 12 was decent in the final 5 miles. Oh well, live and learn, and train and improve!

But a PR is a PR, and now I am going to rest before my next Half Marathon tomorrow morning. This one, I am really just going to do what I can do, and expect to be 10-15 minutes slower than today. The only real benefit is I have run most of the course tomorrow, and it is almost as flat as you can get in Middle Tennessee, which should help me at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom