What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry for the lack of posts everyone, but I have been reading!

19.79 miles this morning.
120 miles last week (5 days of running, not the usual 6...got super sick and a horrible stiff neck one day, long story).
Just under 3,000 miles since April of this year.

My body has taken a beating the last few weeks; mileage increase, faster paces (trying to sub 24 hours for the 100 miler in March).

It looks like everyone has been doing really well with their training and races, so keep it up!

Coryna, Joel, Dave, Jill, Steve, Brad, BJ...you folks are killing it like always.

26 miles tomorrow, 26 miles on Wednesday, 20 on Thursday, 20 on Friday, and 30 on Saturday...how's that for my schedule??? :hurl:

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

120 miles last week (5 days of running, not the usual 6...got super sick and a horrible stiff neck one day, long story).

My body has taken a beating the last few weeks; mileage increase, faster paces (trying to sub 24 hours for the 100 miler in March).

It looks like everyone has been doing really well with their training and races, so keep it up!

Coryna, Joel, Dave, Jill, Steve, Brad, BJ...you folks are killing it like always.

26 miles tomorrow, 26 miles on Wednesday, 20 on Thursday, 20 on Friday, and 30 on Saturday...how's that for my schedule??? :hurl:

Cheers folks.
Impressive as always

5 miles for me this morning, 8:07 pace.
Nice job Steve. Nice pace! Lets keep pushing and get that under 8 minutes consistently. You are so close... unless of course you were just strolling during this run and you have been under 8 for a while.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Impressive as always

Nice job Steve. Nice pace! Lets keep pushing and get that under 8 minutes consistently. You are so close... unless of course you were just strolling during this run and you have been under 8 for a while.

Thanks!
I can do sub 8 on the 5K, but I have not yet made it on the 5 miles. It is my goal though :)

fmingo36

You guys are speed demons! :fork:
Really I'm happy when I'm at a 10 minute mile. I guess when I started running a couple years ago my goal was just complete the Princess 1/2 and my training was distance not speed (I trained at a 12 minute mile). So I guess no matter what I know I'll make it to the finish line I'll just be behind ALOT of you! :lol:

Mr mom

Really I'm happy when I'm at a 10 minute mile. I guess when I started running a couple years ago my goal was just complete the Princess 1/2 and my training was distance not speed (I trained at a 12 minute mile). So I guess no matter what I know I'll make it to the finish line I'll just be behind ALOT of you! :lol:

All I ever worry about is making a distance, speed is not as important to me, a good pace is nice but just being able to do long distances is all that matters.

early morning for me today, out at 4:20, 11.2 miles and I just finished with the weights, time for a morning coffee now:sohappy:

fmingo36

Cheers folks.

This has not been a good year for you health wise, my friend. :(

scorp111

Back at the full marathon training today, felt the impact from the weekend's two half-marathons a bit for the first quarter mile, but then it felt good. Maybe I am still running off the endorphin rush from Sunday's half?

5 miles @ 9:10 per mile overall

Negative Splits for the entire run:
9:31
9:18
9:11
9:03
8:48

Not a bad recovery run from the weekend.

Phonedave

I must see the Garmin Dave. Do you have Google Earth? If not, it would be cool to export as a GE file and then take a screen shot of it. I can help with that if you like.

I do have Google Earth, I just never dropped a Garmin track into it.

If you want, send me a PM on how to do it, and I may get to it over the weekend.

Thanks

-dave

JillC LI

Later today I do my speed workout of 8 reps of 1/4 mile at 8:25 with 1 min 30 sec rest intervals.

So I did this workout, and it nearly killed me especially by the 8th rep, but I finished it. And afterwards I realized that when you cut off the time for the warmup and cooldown, if I just average my pace for the 8 reps with the rest intervals, then I completed 3.05 miles at 8:56 pace! That's the pace I'm going for in my 5K next month! Now the million dollar question is, could I hold it on the street without the treadmill forcing me to keep pace and keep up?

I've been running for years with distance and finishing as my only goals and a comfortable pace of between 10 and 11 minute miles. If it weren't for the 5K race with my son next month, I never would have discovered that I had any more speed in me. I have to say, I'm finding this sort of speed training to be different and interesting and it's keeping things fun right now. I'll never be a speed demon like some others here, but it's cool to find out just what I'm capable of achieving.

That's one heck of a schedule, Nick. 3000 miles in less than half a year - wow. Feel better.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I've been running for years with distance and finishing as my only goals and a comfortable pace of between 10 and 11 minute miles. If it weren't for the 5K race with my son next month, I never would have discovered that I had any more speed in me. I have to say, I'm finding this sort of speed training to be different and interesting and it's keeping things fun right now. I'll never be a speed demon like some others here, but it's cool to find out just what I'm capable of achieving.
That realization and appreciation is better than running a 6 minute mile any day. :wave:

GoofyRacer11

Ran 6 miles today on a perfect sunny day, which was
awesome cause I had to run on the treadmill this whole
weekend do to the storms. Weight lifting twice tomorrow,
then possibly 18 miles on Friday or Sunday. It depends on
whether I'm able to register for the Goofy Challenge.

I have been keeping a close eye on the capacity for the
race and was going to register tonight. I thought that I
would be able to cause the marathon website said that
it was only 88% full. When I went to register, a message
popped up on active's website saying it was full. I contacted
active and the person I talked to said it had been full for a
week, even though the marathon website said it was only at
88%. So hopefully I can get it resolved tomorrow and be
registered, if thats the case then I'll continue my training. If
not, then I don't know what I'll do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom