What did you do?

JillC LI

19.11 miles this morning. I tripped on one of the loose boards on the boardwalk in Belmar (for you local Jersey folk...) and fell. Cut my left knuckles and arm, bruised left palm, cut and bruised both knees. It was far more embarassing than anything, but I did let an "F-bomb" fly in front of some little girls...oops :lookaroun.

Oh well. My IBU solo 50 miler is coming up soon. A nice warm-up for a 100...

Cheers folks.

Ugh, that hurts. The last time I took a stumble over some uneven concrete on the sidewalk was last summer and it was like I was in slow motion when it happened. As I went flying I was able to take in my surroundings, lean towards the right and aim towards the grass so my palms actually slid on grass to catch my fall, not cement. Couldn't get quite far enough over to spare my knees though so I sympathize. When I realized no one was watching, my first thought was "thank G-d no one just saw that happen" and I also let out a few choice words. Finished the run though.

It is needed and excusable in my book. Although... I drop them more than your average person. Not in front of little kids though. :lol:

Yeah, me too. Betcha wouldn't have guessed that of me, huh?!

JillC LI

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I did 4 miles this morning. Planned on running outdoors, but the hubby got called in at 6am for a dental emergency so I had to stay indoors on the treadmill while the kids slept. Threw in a few steep hills and my quads are feeling it right now.

I've started gathering some reading material on 5K training plans since I'm about 14 weeks away from that 5K I'd like to do at 9:00 min/mile pace. I know I won't beat my son, but I would like to hit my time goal. I'm considering some version of the FIRST plan since you only run 3 days per week which fits my current schedule. We have a stationary bike at home that I could use on the two cross-training days. We'll see.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yeah, me too. Betcha wouldn't have guessed that of me, huh?!
Hmmm, maybe. :lol: You seem much cooler than your average girl.

I sound like a angry british sailor most of the time.

4 miles today on lunch. It was a hot one guys. 9 minute pace with my first 2 miles at around 8:30, then I hit the really hilly mile, 9:34 and finished up the last mile at 9 minute pace.

Im not getting enough rest. Im staying up to late reading. *needs more discipline. Needs a schedule*

JillC LI

Hmmm, maybe. :lol: You seem much cooler than your average girl.
I sound like a angry british sailor most of the time.

4 miles today on lunch. It was a hot one guys. 9 minute pace with my first 2 miles at around 8:30, then I hit the really hilly mile, 9:34 and finished up the last mile at 9 minute pace.

Im not getting enough rest. Im staying up to late reading. *needs more discipline. Needs a schedule*

Why thank you! I grew up in a home where my father proudly proclaimed that he spoke two languages: English and profanity! :ROFLOL: I learned quite a few choice words listening to him watch the Giants play football. :lol:

As for discipline, a newborn doesn't exactly make that easy. Cut yourself some slack.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It is needed and excusable in my book. Although... I drop them more than your average person. Not in front of little kids though. :lol:

Yes, I let 'em fly too often as well. Although, every once in a while, it is inappropriate; in front of a kid, etc...then I get a look from the wife :lookaroun. But she can cuss like a barbarian :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.10 miles this morning.

So many blisters as of late, and losing more toenails. I need to buy stock in Band-Aids, Neosporin, and duct tape. I've been wearing flip-flops (no not for running and yes, they are black too) all summer, and people just stare at my feet all bandaged up, and the recovery compression sleeves. I'm proud that I live up to the magnet on the back of my car, "TOENAILS ARE FOR SISSIES."
I told the darling wife I wanted to cross out "SISSIES" and write something else in sharpie...AND, she gave me that look again :D

Anyway, the components for my custom hydration system should arrive shortly, and I'll post pics when I have it right.

Kicking back a few IPAs. Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Why thank you! I grew up in a home where my father proudly proclaimed that he spoke two languages: English and profanity! :ROFLOL: I learned quite a few choice words listening to him watch the Giants play football. :lol:

As for discipline, a newborn doesn't exactly make that easy. Cut yourself some slack.
I love that. I'll have to borrow that. One day when I meet you at a Disney event, we will all have to go grab a beer and make your dad proud. :D

I know, I know. I still feel a bit hungover from the Nashville Full as in "time" and how fast my pace is and pushing for all that kind of stuff. I think the rest of the summer with just running for fun, but still trying to keep a 9 pace worst case is a good idea. I need a cleansing mentally.

So many blisters as of late, and losing more toenails. I need to buy stock in Band-Aids, Neosporin, and duct tape. I've been wearing flip-flops (no not for running and yes, they are black too) all summer, and people just stare at my feet all bandaged up, and the recovery compression sleeves. I'm proud that I live up to the magnet on the back of my car, "TOENAILS ARE FOR SISSIES."
I told the darling wife I wanted to cross out "SISSIES" and write something else in sharpie...AND, she gave me that look again :D

Anyway, the components for my custom hydration system should arrive shortly, and I'll post pics when I have it right.

One of my biggest fears... losing a toenail. Of all the sports and crazy stuff I have done, I have never lost a fingernail or toenail. I think they are abnormally strong. :lookaroun

GoofyRacer11

Started my 16 mile run at 7:30 this morning and the weather was perfect for going on a run......until I was halfway back to my house and then it started down-pour. Nevertheless, it was still a good run.

Mr mom

4.4 for me today, still recovering from an injured knee and a tear in the calf. My normal daily runs are about 8.1 but I was doing 14 at least once a week. and more every few weeks. I can't wait until I am fully healed and able to back into a full running regime. On the bright side, all my blisters, chafes and black toenails are healed up, lol

Mr mom

hahaha, I have lost 3 toenails in the last year and had more than my share of blisters. I now have these great little foam toe protectors, they work great. I put them on any toe that is starting to go and they give all kinds of protection.

JillC LI

I love that. I'll have to borrow that. One day when I meet you at a Disney event, we will all have to go grab a beer and make your dad proud. :D

I know, I know. I still feel a bit hungover from the Nashville Full as in "time" and how fast my pace is and pushing for all that kind of stuff. I think the rest of the summer with just running for fun, but still trying to keep a 9 pace worst case is a good idea. I need a cleansing mentally.

One of my biggest fears... losing a toenail. Of all the sports and crazy stuff I have done, I have never lost a fingernail or toenail. I think they are abnormally strong. :lookaroun

LOL, your worst case is the goal I'm training to achieve in November!

And I also have a HUGE fear of losing a toenail and have never done so. I'm so unbearably squeamish, I'd probably faint. A few times I thought my big toe nail was getting slightly dark and I flipped out, but it never got any worse.

Gonna be in the 90s and humid here this weekend. Ain't gonna be fun for running!

fmingo36

19.11 miles this morning. I tripped on one of the loose boards on the boardwalk in Belmar (for you local Jersey folk...) and fell. Cut my left knuckles and arm, bruised left palm, cut and bruised both knees. It was far more embarassing than anything, but I did let an "F-bomb" fly in front of some little girls...oops :lookaroun.

Oh well. My IBU solo 50 miler is coming up soon. A nice warm-up for a 100...

Cheers folks.

Oh that was you cursing in front of my girls, eh? jk..hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly.

Got in 4.5 miles this morning. Not getting the distances in that I would like with the Disneyland 1/2 a little more than a month away. Just seems like everything else is a priority and my runs fall way down on the list. Just not enough hours in the day.

fmingo36

Yes, I let 'em fly too often as well. Although, every once in a while, it is inappropriate; in front of a kid, etc...then I get a look from the wife :lookaroun. But she can cuss like a barbarian :D

I sound like Yosamite Sam when I swear "Mucknfruck and fruck" and etc.....:ROFLOL:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
hahaha, I have lost 3 toenails in the last year and had more than my share of blisters. I now have these great little foam toe protectors, they work great. I put them on any toe that is starting to go and they give all kinds of protection.

8 toenails in all. 5 since March of this year. I have used everything, and it only lasts for a while. Dealing with 5 blisters now. I just suck it up and eventually I become numb to it :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Oh that was you cursing in front of my girls, eh? jk..hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly.

Got in 4.5 miles this morning. Not getting the distances in that I would like with the Disneyland 1/2 a little more than a month away. Just seems like everything else is a priority and my runs fall way down on the list. Just not enough hours in the day.

:ROFLOL: The look on those little girls' faces when that little word slithered off of my lips...:eek:

No, I'm fine. It was more embarassing than anything.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.15 miles this morning. I appreciated the cloud cover today regardless of the mugginess. Burned 2111 calories, so that means more beer and french fries! (I typically do not eat fried food, but today I feel like it)

Heading to the studio to work, beer in hand :D

Cheers folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom