What did you do?

Phonedave

Last night 4.27 miles.

I was going to do 4, then looped around and headed for 5, then thought the better of it and turned towards the car. My knee is about 90% there. Part of it were hurting other than those which I injured. Well not really hurting, just nagging. There were maybe a half dozen instances where I took a stride and I went "ouch, that hurt" but it was just for one stride. My pace is slower by about a minute a mile.

I think this is good. I'll start adding some distance, take it easy, run an easy half on Dec 5, and hopefully be good for the Disney Marathon.

The good news is muscles and cardio feel great. Just the knee is off. Not really painfull, just 'tight' and with dull sort of soreness. It did feel GREAT to get back out, and it was a perfect run. Nobody in the park, (except for the soccer teams that practice until 9:00 PM every night), cool weather, light breeze, had rained all day but now had stopped. tide was in so the river was high. Just a beautiful time to run.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles tonight. 7:44 pace on my hilly course. Ill take it.

I think I need to push a little more since I feel like Im leaving a little "on the course" so to speak. We will see.

Dave, glad things are getting better. :wave:

bellissimo

today we did ten laps of continuous strides (where you basically sprint a 300, then jog the 100, and then do it again.. continuously. ten times). as far as track workouts go, it was definitely on the easier side. and then after i did an easy five mile run, which went well, but i have a killer blister from wearing heels at a wedding this past weekend, and vff's completely detroyed it, haha.

joel_maxwell

Nope, didn't mean to do that. My friend's daughter has a pin on her hat that says "Keep on tr..." well you know, I don't want to upset the censors! Anyway, I saw it the other day and it seemed to fit my post.
I need a pin like that. :lookaroun

today we did ten laps of continuous strides (where you basically sprint a 300, then jog the 100, and then do it again.. continuously. ten times). as far as track workouts go, it was definitely on the easier side. and then after i did an easy five mile run, which went well, but i have a killer blister from wearing heels at a wedding this past weekend, and vff's completely detroyed it, haha.
See, too much dancin' to Mustang Sally and Brick House (staple reception songs from bands). :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.66mi yesterday morning. Really bad wind; gusts between 44-50mph, which resulted in a couple of mouthfuls of sand while running south on the boardwalk. :hurl:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I just returned from WDW and was able to squeeze in 2 runs of 6 and 4 miles along the lake by Pop Century....as I surveyed the new construction. When that path is complete, that will be an excellent running path!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
11.05mi yesterday morning. I'll taper today in prep for my 22-26mi long run tomorrow. Back is still sore from last week.

Blisters on the ball of my right foot from wearing those darn heels...:lookaroun

joel_maxwell

Kid delay: 7 Miles this am will be postponed due to my daughter getting a flu shot yesterday, and she had all the side affects that the doctor listed last night starting at 12:35 (Vomiting, fever and aches). She is still zonked out. I beg to ask, why get the flu shot? I think Id take my chances.

Needless to say, I felt like this am so Im moved my run to Sunday am.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and good running weather. :wave:

Texas84

Ran my first night 5K (8PM). Forgot my Gatorade G1 and felt bad at the end. But had a decent time. Chick-Fil-A and Habitat for Humanity in Macon GA did a great job for this race. They expected 200 and got 500!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom