What did you do?

fmingo36

Today's my stretch/strengthen day. I'll do an hour of yoga and 30 minutes of upper body with weights.

Love these days!

Phonedave

Took a load of cold medicine, ate some soup, and am sitting here watching the room tilt around.

I SHOULD be out for a 5 miler, but thats not happening :(

-dave

sweetpee_1993

Considering I didn't get to sleep until after 3 I slept on and off til like 9:30. Stress is exagerating the insomnia. Good part of hubby being without a job is he can take the boys to school. Soooo, having my running clothes next to the bed didn't help much today. Will shoot for an early run tomorrow. :cool:

SpongeScott

Two miles today. Only running 3 days a week because I'm not training for anything at the time. Using Saturdays for long, easy runs. Gotta keep at it.

fmingo36

Going to try and get a 3 mile run in today.
I'm doing a 5K in a few weeks, so I want to be able to run that at a good pace.

Phonedave

3 miles today, still sick, and it showed.

Pace was not far off - 9:55 avg (I am old and slow - if I am below 9:40 I am amazed)

but

Heart rate was off the chart. I can cruse at an average of around 165. Todays average was 177, with a high of 187. I could feel it while running too. Maybe running with this wheezing cold was not the best of ideas. I just had not been out for over a week, and was getting antsy.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/30085655

-dave

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
3 miles today, still sick, and it showed.

Pace was not far off - 9:55 avg (I am old and slow - if I am below 9:40 I am amazed)

but

Heart rate was off the chart. I can cruse at an average of around 165. Todays average was 177, with a high of 187. I could feel it while running too. Maybe running with this wheezing cold was not the best of ideas. I just had not been out for over a week, and was getting antsy.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/30085655

-dave

You've got to take it easy. You do more damage when you're sick. In a day or two you'll be ready to go.

For me it was an off day...time to spend with my wife.

Phonedave

You've got to take it easy. You do more damage when you're sick. In a day or two you'll be ready to go.

For me it was an off day...time to spend with my wife.

I am wiped right now.

After the run, it was a quick shower, then an hour of helping to teach 5th and 6th grade girls how to slide into second. Then over to the boro annex for a shade tree commissioners meeting. Sleep is in the near plans.

I was going to try to get 5 in tomorrow before I have to go to a christening practice. But seeing what my HR was today, if I still feel off, I may just do another 3 (or maybe none)

-dave

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
I am wiped right now.

After the run, it was a quick shower, then an hour of helping to teach 5th and 6th grade girls how to slide into second. Then over to the boro annex for a shade tree commissioners meeting. Sleep is in the near plans.

I was going to try to get 5 in tomorrow before I have to go to a christening practice. But seeing what my HR was today, if I still feel off, I may just do another 3 (or maybe none)

-dave

Seriously if you are not getting ready for a close, upcoming race, I would take a couple of days to recover. Your training won't suffer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom