What did you do?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Did a mini reverse challenge to start the year, 14.85 miles yesterday (a half marathon+), 6.25 miles (10K this morning), and 3.2 miles about thirty minutes after I got back from running the 10k (I was going to save the 5K for tomorrow, but figured I might not be able to fit it in with work commitments).

Now, two days off and then start building miles back up the other direction til Dopey Sunday! 😃

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Did a mini reverse challenge to start the year, 14.85 miles yesterday (a half marathon+), 6.25 miles (10K this morning), and 3.2 miles about thirty minutes after I got back from running the 10k (I was going to save the 5K for tomorrow, but figured I might not be able to fit it in with work commitments).

Now, two days off and then start building miles back up the other direction til Dopey Sunday! 😃

You've got races starting Thursday, unless you plan on running all 48.6 miles on Sunday.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just came back from an awesome 5 mile run - perfect weather sunny but neither hot nor cold. Plus I planned my route well and didn’t wait much for lights in the beginning of my run (no lights after the 1.5 miles) and with the exception of a small segment near the lake didn’t have to dodge a lot of people strolling either 😊

OG Runner

Snow, I don't miss running in that.
We had high winds the day before, so a couple lanes were covered in twigs and branches.

Snow, I don't miss running in that.
We had high winds the day before, so a couple lanes were covered in twigs and branches.
Guess what ours gets covered in when the Canadian Geese are migrating. :D

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Worked from home today and went out for a lunchtime run - just under 3 miles. It was one of those "perfect" runs - when you just feel great. And slowpoke me even PASSED a runner 🤣

Greenlawler

I did a slow two miles today because I was very busy....

Been a while since I posted updates here, but we are getting close to marathon training time....

So since I last posted I gained a lot of the weight I had lost lost year back.

I have always been able to run a 9 minute mile all my life pretty easily, but almost overnight, with my added weight and being 51 years old, I suddenly woke up one day having a hard time with running 11-minute miles. I mean 12-minute miles were a struggle. I really was worried about my health.

I realized "hey you are doing another Dopey followed by the DL half in 2024". Get yourself back together.

So I started watching what I ate again three weeks ago. Proud to say I have lost 7 pounds and It has already affected my run times. I ran an easy four miles at a 9 minute pace again yesterday.

Funny how a few pounds can make a difference.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom