What did you do?

Greenlawler

First long run of the Dopey 2023 season

Did 12 today in just at 2 hours.

Would have in all honesty done 13 but I ran out of time as I had to take one of my kids somewhere.

As I got to about mile 4 I thought "why the bleep am I doing this again?"

At mile 8 I thought "you know this is not so bad"

At mile 11 I thought "good gosh let's get this over with."

Last edited:

Greenlawler

I decided to go Higdon training. I ran 7 miles today. It's amazing how much faster I can run on a treadmill when I have something interesting to watch. Thank you college football.

Ran the first 5 at a 9 minute mile.

Ran the last two at a 8 minute mile pace.

I knew I could push it because this was the shortest run I would do up till Dopey.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I decided to go Higdon training. I ran 7 miles today. It's amazing how much faster I can run on a treadmill when I have something interesting to watch. Thank you college football.

Ran the first 5 at a 9 minute mile.

Ran the last two at a 8 minute mile pace.

I knew I could push it because this was the shortest run I would do up till Dopey.

Thought of you yesterday running when I was running (did 5K); I was trying to push it but nowhere near a 10 min mile 😆

Swissmiss

Premium Member
My groove ended when my teen got sick and work got crazy so now I’m trying to get it back 😉 - managed to get out of the office early enough to go to an aquagym class the other night and ran 5k tonight. Gotta ramp it up a bit because I’ve got a 10k in a month and at the pace I’m running I might get passed by the walkers 🤣

OG Runner

My groove ended when my teen got sick and work got crazy so now I’m trying to get it back 😉 - managed to get out of the office early enough to go to an aquagym class the other night and ran 5k tonight. Gotta ramp it up a bit because I’ve got a 10k in a month and at the pace I’m running I might get passed by the walkers 🤣

It is an unusual feeling. I got passed by a race walker near the end of a 10k. Turns out "walking" he was doing a 10 minute per mile pace. o_O

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It is an unusual feeling. I got passed by a race walker near the end of a 10k. Turns out "walking" he was doing a 10 minute per mile pace. o_O

Oh I’ve been passed by walkers on numerous occasions. Some were true race walkers; others were walkers who didn’t understand that being a walker means no jogging even if you feel like it.

Greenlawler

Been a few days, man this section is really slowing down.

Last Sunday I ran 17. It was brutal, starting at about mile 13 my calves started cramping, but I limped to a finish.

Took me 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Monday and Tuesday I hit the eliptical because I could not have run if I had to.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Been a few days, man this section is really slowing down.

Last Sunday I ran 17. It was brutal, starting at about mile 13 my calves started cramping, but I limped to a finish.

Took me 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Monday and Tuesday I hit the eliptical because I could not have run if I had to.
I’ll add a bit 😁

Last weekend, did some hiking Saturday in Montreat, NC then ran the Black Bear Half Marathon in Hendersonville on Sunday. Felt pretty good through 8-9 miles, but had to Galloway it the rest of the way in. Finished just over 2:20:00.

Then did a local 12k this morning. Felt pretty good, but was hilly and had to walk a few of the inclines, finished around low 10:00’s per mile pace, which I think is about a minute off my pace last year.

I’m counting each of these as part of my patented “last minute, bare minimum training plan” for the NY Marathon in three weeks 😉

Greenlawler

All right finished my 18 miles in 3:20.

Started getting calf and hamstring cramps around mile 12 again (third time in a row on longer runs)

Had to walk/stretch for about a half mile around mile 15. After that half mile I started back slow, gradually building back up to my beggining pace for the last two miles.

What baffles me is how little I have been sweating on these long runs. Maybe it's because I am running at a more relaxed pace for a long period of time?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom