What did you do?

OG Runner

Okay things are a bit weird now. I ran 4 miles last night. My slowest was a 12:33. (I walk some of it, as I caught up with my girlfriend, who was on a walk.) The first three miles were all under 12:10. I walked about a mile with my girlfriend for a cool down, totaling 5.07 miles.
Considering how poor my run was on Sunday and then the "episode" I had, this baffles me.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
6.2 miles and at the end they gave me this:

96E160AC-D883-49C2-B2E5-DFDBB24E4DD7.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
2.9 miles tonight, partially with my Monday night running group - until I got peeved and left to finish on my own. The coach is clueless sometimes; it is now dark when we go running and I am still used to my old coach who would have us run Old Town (so lots of ups and downs for a good workout) which is sufficiently lit. This guy decides tonight we are going to a particular park which is poorly lit and has a fair number of roots pushing up the pavement. I decided it really wasn’t worth me risking a fall so I said see ya later bye.

OG Runner

2.9 miles tonight, partially with my Monday night running group - until I got peeved and left to finish on my own. The coach is clueless sometimes; it is now dark when we go running and I am still used to my old coach who would have us run Old Town (so lots of ups and downs for a good workout) which is sufficiently lit. This guy decides tonight we are going to a particular park which is poorly lit and has a fair number of roots pushing up the pavement. I decided it really wasn’t worth me risking a fall so I said see ya later bye.

Hey, if you didn't feel safe, in any way, you did the right thing. Running on uneven terrain in a dimly lit area is not safe.
Headlamp time is here unfortunately.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hey, if you didn't feel safe, in any way, you did the right thing. Running on uneven terrain in a dimly lit area is not safe.
Headlamp time is here unfortunately.

Absolutely, but headlamps really aren’t needed in most of the city (I wear a yellow safety vest and have a lighted armband though - to be sure that I am seen in crosswalks, etc). That is why it was so annoying that he picked this particular park, which is really only lit in the middle and he was having us do the outer pathway. He’s a nice guy, but often his route decisions leave me shaking my head (like when he will have us cross to the left side of a street when his goal is to have us run by the lake … which is to the right of our starting point 🤦🏼‍♀️

OG Runner

My W&D virtual was about 2:15. Considering I've run once in the last month since doing the Boston virtual, I can't complain too much.

@Edward Jackson take it easy, don't push to much. Better to get better and miss one race, than to not get better and miss em all.

Thank you very much! I appreciate it. Amazingly, I am feeling better and running better than I was before I "passed out".

Greenlawler

Okay update on last week and this week because I forgot to post....

Monday the 1st 5 miles pretty slow
Tuesday the 2nd did a quick 4 miles
Wednesday the 2nd 5 slow miles
Thursday the 3rd one hour eliptical
Friday the 4th rest day
Saturday the 5th, 8 miles at at quick pace
Sunday the 6th, 18 miles at a 5.8 mph pace.
Monday the 7th rest day
Tuesday the 8th 5 miles at a quick pace.
Wednesday the 9th 4 miles at a quick pace
Thursday the 10th one hour eliptical

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom