What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
How is the weather where you are?

Which day and what time of day? 😂😂

(Oops - hit post when I meant to hit return).

Saturday morning when I ran I almost wish I had a pair of gloves on. Then yesterday afternoon I went out for a walk and realized that a jacket really wasn’t required once i got moving. This morning, I had a meeting in a neighborhood below me, and had to alter my walking route because even at 10 am there was still frost on the sidewalks and the most direct route was down a steep paved path that I prefer to avoid when it is slippery. But 3 hours later when I was walking home, I regretted my choice of more wintery clothing instead of something lighter weight. Saturday I didn’t take my jacket off until I’d been running nearly 15 mins (and was wearing long sleeves underneath). Tonight I took off my jacket after a few minutes and only had a short sleeve T-shirt underneath. So I guess the best answer at the moment: UNPREDICTABLE 🤣

Last edited:

OG Runner

Training for Wine and Dine started today! First run in a month, knocked out the Club runDisney 10K this afternoon, let’s just say I’ve got some work to do in the next week or so 😂

Thank you for sharing. It makes me feel better about where I am with my Marathon training for January.
Are you running the Half at Wine & Dine?

Surferboy567

Happy Halloween everyone! To celebrate today, I completed the 2021 Virtual Wine & Dine 10K. It worked out better with my training this way then to wait the additional week. Anyways, here are the results from today’s race.

Time: 01:15:40
Distance: 6.23
Avg Pace: 12:09

I didn’t PR, that honor still goes to this year‘s Virtual Walt Disney World 10K. Where I completed that race in 01:14:38 (so close) this represents my on foot PR. My PR on the treadmill happened during this year’s Star Wars Rival Run 10K where I completed that race in 01:11:30. Not bad results at all but also not a PR.

Results cannot be entered until tomorrow, November 1 on the site. Good luck to all running Wine & Dine virtually or in person!
In addition to this, the training plan called for me to run 8 miles today. So after completing the race in a separate workout, I then ran the remaining 1.8 miles in a different GPX file.

Here are those results:

Time: 25:07
Distance: 1.83
Avg Pace: 13:44

OG Runner

About 5 miles on Sunday morning. I then stretched, took a shower and went out to breakfast.
I then promptly, about half way through my cup of coffee, passed out. The called an ambulance,
an a couple of nurses that were there brought me around. I am thinking it was dehydration, but
it really was not fun. Trying to make a doctor appointment, but I have a half marathon on Sunday.

Texas84

About 5 miles on Sunday morning. I then stretched, took a shower and went out to breakfast.
I then promptly, about half way through my cup of coffee, passed out. The called an ambulance,
an a couple of nurses that were there brought me around. I am thinking it was dehydration, but
it really was not fun. Trying to make a doctor appointment, but I have a half marathon on Sunday.
Take the week off. Won't hurt you, might even help.

Surferboy567

Ouch, I hope everything works out. Get better.

Greenlawler

Oh...it's been a minute.....

So I switched to the Higdon Dopey plan. It is a lot less aggressive than my old Intermediate 2 plan.

So last week I did

Monday 4 at a slow pace (I did a 17 miler Sunday)
Tuesday 5 miles
Wednesday 5 miles
Thursday 6 miles (a little faster than normal)
Friday: Did 5 in 52 minutes
Saturday 6 miles and decided to see if the old man could still go....ran 6 in 47 minutes.
Sunday: 7 miles at a 6.7 pace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom