• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What did you do?

Surferboy567

Two for one today.

Forgot to post on Friday, but now I am back running. Did a shorter run just to get back into the swing of things.

Time: 27:18
Distance: 2.09
Avg Pace: 13:01

This morning, I ran (ever so slightly) more then a 5K. I plan on running the first of my Virtual Series Challenge 5K’s soon.

Time: 38:55
Distance: 3.14
Avg Pace: 12:24

JillC LI

I sympathize with you, too, @JillC LI. I'm hoping my regular doctor is wrong (high ankle sprain). I'm seeing an orthopedist next week and, maybe, magic will be worked. If I have to run in anti-ankle roll braces for the rest of my life, so be it. Just get me back out there
Good luck at the orthopedist. Many years ago I sprained my ankle and I wound up needing surgery to repair it in 2003. The first question I asked the surgeon was whether I would be able to run a marathon after I recovered, and he said absolutely. I did wear an ankle brace for stability for the next few years running (including a marathon in 2005), but eventually the ankle got strong enough not to need it. I just wore (and still wear) high stability running shoes. If you are going to run in an ankle support for a long time, I recommend you buy a good one and then you will never know it's there. The ones that are a thin sleeve over your sock that have thin criss-crossing velcros around the ankle are very comfortable. As for me, I'm going for an MRI on Friday for the hamstring.

GenerationX

Good luck at the orthopedist. Many years ago I sprained my ankle and I wound up needing surgery to repair it in 2003. The first question I asked the surgeon was whether I would be able to run a marathon after I recovered, and he said absolutely. I did wear an ankle brace for stability for the next few years running (including a marathon in 2005), but eventually the ankle got strong enough not to need it. I just wore (and still wear) high stability running shoes. If you are going to run in an ankle support for a long time, I recommend you buy a good one and then you will never know it's there. The ones that are a thin sleeve over your sock that have thin criss-crossing velcros around the ankle are very comfortable. As for me, I'm going for an MRI on Friday for the hamstring.
Thank you for the encouraging words! I found a criss-crossing McDavid velcro brace that looks promising. I hope your MRI on Friday goes well and reveals easily fixable damage. I go for my MRI on Wednesday. The orthopedist is concerned I've screwed up my tendons in addition to my ligaments. At least he confirmed I didn't break any bones.

Surferboy567

Today, I ran the first of my 5K races in the Virtual Series challenge. It has been about 2 months since my last race. I am also happy to report that during this race I PR’ed! Not bad for just coming off an injury.

Here are the results:

Time: 34:30
Distance: 3.12
Avg Pace: 11:03

This takes the record away from my last outdoor 5K the Star Wars Rival Run 5K which was done in 35:14. It also takes the record away from my fastest indoor treadmill run which was held by the Princess 5K which was done in 34:51.

Last year, I also ran the challenge and for the first 5K of that challenge the Mad Tea Party 5K which was run inside on the treadmill which I completed in 49:29.

JillC LI

Went for my MRI on Friday, then went for a beautiful (albeit still painful) 3 mile run around the lake on Saturday as I awaited the results. Good news-bad news. The good news is that I do not have a detachment of my hamstring requiring surgery. The bad news is that I still have a great deal of swelling and inflammation at the attachment point nearly 5 months after my fall on the umbrella stand. Conservative treatment is to continue another 4 weeks of PT (with a full stop on running :( for now). If I am still in pain then steroid injection by guided ultrasound. Sigh. I may go crazy not running at all for a month. Freaking umbrella stand!!!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Went for my MRI on Friday, then went for a beautiful (albeit still painful) 3 mile run around the lake on Saturday as I awaited the results. Good news-bad news. The good news is that I do not have a detachment of my hamstring requiring surgery. The bad news is that I still have a great deal of swelling and inflammation at the attachment point nearly 5 months after my fall on the umbrella stand. Conservative treatment is to continue another 4 weeks of PT (with a full stop on running :( for now). If I am still in pain then steroid injection by guided ultrasound. Sigh. I may go crazy not running at all for a month. Freaking umbrella stand!!!!

Glad you don’t need surgery, but that really is unfortunate that you have to give up running for a month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom