What did you do?

GenerationX

Ack! First time I've injured myself while running. I was on a bad patch of sidewalk, hit a spot more sloped than I expected, and rolled an ankle. I was on my first long run of the season - 4 miles into a 6 mile run. Now I'm out 4-6 weeks with a sprained ankle and wearing a boot. Injuries are what remind me to be thankful every time I can go out on a run.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ack! First time I've injured myself while running. I was on a bad patch of sidewalk, hit a spot more sloped than I expected, and rolled an ankle. I was on my first long run of the season - 4 miles into a 6 mile run. Now I'm out 4-6 weeks with a sprained ankle and wearing a boot. Injuries are what remind me to be thankful every time I can go out on a run.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully it’ll be closer to 4 weeks than 6.

Surferboy567

Still trying to take it easy but went for a long walk and a decent pace today.

Time: 01:34:32
Distance: 5.85
Avg Pace: 16:08

I plan to start running again soon, starting to get close to my first 5K of the virtual challenge.

By accident, I recorded it as an indoor activity so no GPX file.

dreamfinder

7M with DW & DS tagging along on his bike on Sun. 4ish of trails Mon, and 3.25 last night. Happy running day all! Skipped last Fri & Sat due to not being 100% from the second dose of vaccine, but I guess thats a good excuse.

Doh. Hope it heals well.

RunningKoen

Yesterday: gym workout in the morning and a 12.2 mile inline skating loop in the evening.

Get well soon!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Two personal firsts during yesterday's 3 miler. Hit by a bird. Both runner and bird survived. Ran past a chihuahua and was not attacked or even barked at.

Just read an article the other day about this being the “time of year” that runners get attacked by birds. I’d never heard of it before, but apparently it is somewhat frequent. 🤷🏼‍♀️

JillC LI

I hear ya. I haven't checked in for quite awhile because I've been so bummed about my injury. For those of you that recall, I tripped and fell on a pointy metal outdoor umbrella stand four months ago. At first I thought I just badly bruised the back of my thigh. When it still hurt after 2 months I finally went to an orthopedist who informed me that I had partially torn the hamstring. I've been in PT for 2 months and the pain is worse, not better. It appears that I have now developed high hamstring tendinopathy possibly causing pressure on my sciatic nerve which could take months to heal. I have been allowed to run up to 2 miles, which I do regularly or I'd go insane, but EVERY SINGLE STEP on my right side hurts when I do. It also hurts to walk briskly, go uphill, sit for a long time, and drive. That damn umbrella stand. I sympathize with you @GenerationX.

GenerationX

I sympathize with you, too, @JillC LI. The things we put up with to try to stay healthy. I completely understand why you're still out there through the pain.

I'm hoping my regular doctor is wrong (high ankle sprain). I'm seeing an orthopedist next week and, maybe, magic will be worked. If I have to run in anti-ankle roll braces for the rest of my life, so be it. Just get me back out there.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I hear ya. I haven't checked in for quite awhile because I've been so bummed about my injury. For those of you that recall, I tripped and fell on a pointy metal outdoor umbrella stand four months ago. At first I thought I just badly bruised the back of my thigh. When it still hurt after 2 months I finally went to an orthopedist who informed me that I had partially torn the hamstring. I've been in PT for 2 months and the pain is worse, not better. It appears that I have now developed high hamstring tendinopathy possibly causing pressure on my sciatic nerve which could take months to heal. I have been allowed to run up to 2 miles, which I do regularly or I'd go insane, but EVERY SINGLE STEP on my right side hurts when I do. It also hurts to walk briskly, go uphill, sit for a long time, and drive. That damn umbrella stand. I sympathize with you @GenerationX.

I am so sorry to hear that this is still causing you problems and pain. I hope that it suddenly gets better and is only a bad memory.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Oh yikes!! I went through sciatic pain in 2019 and it's the literal worst. I can't imagine any greater pain than that.

dreamfinder

Another 3ish Weds night, right about a 8min/mi pace.

Sorry to hear it still hurts. Good to reason to just wear a raincoat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom