What did you do?

Surferboy567

Two for one today.

Forgot to post on Friday, but now I am back running. Did a shorter run just to get back into the swing of things.

Time: 27:18
Distance: 2.09
Avg Pace: 13:01

This morning, I ran (ever so slightly) more then a 5K. I plan on running the first of my Virtual Series Challenge 5K’s soon.

Time: 38:55
Distance: 3.14
Avg Pace: 12:24

JillC LI

I sympathize with you, too, @JillC LI. I'm hoping my regular doctor is wrong (high ankle sprain). I'm seeing an orthopedist next week and, maybe, magic will be worked. If I have to run in anti-ankle roll braces for the rest of my life, so be it. Just get me back out there
Good luck at the orthopedist. Many years ago I sprained my ankle and I wound up needing surgery to repair it in 2003. The first question I asked the surgeon was whether I would be able to run a marathon after I recovered, and he said absolutely. I did wear an ankle brace for stability for the next few years running (including a marathon in 2005), but eventually the ankle got strong enough not to need it. I just wore (and still wear) high stability running shoes. If you are going to run in an ankle support for a long time, I recommend you buy a good one and then you will never know it's there. The ones that are a thin sleeve over your sock that have thin criss-crossing velcros around the ankle are very comfortable. As for me, I'm going for an MRI on Friday for the hamstring.

GenerationX

Good luck at the orthopedist. Many years ago I sprained my ankle and I wound up needing surgery to repair it in 2003. The first question I asked the surgeon was whether I would be able to run a marathon after I recovered, and he said absolutely. I did wear an ankle brace for stability for the next few years running (including a marathon in 2005), but eventually the ankle got strong enough not to need it. I just wore (and still wear) high stability running shoes. If you are going to run in an ankle support for a long time, I recommend you buy a good one and then you will never know it's there. The ones that are a thin sleeve over your sock that have thin criss-crossing velcros around the ankle are very comfortable. As for me, I'm going for an MRI on Friday for the hamstring.
Thank you for the encouraging words! I found a criss-crossing McDavid velcro brace that looks promising. I hope your MRI on Friday goes well and reveals easily fixable damage. I go for my MRI on Wednesday. The orthopedist is concerned I've screwed up my tendons in addition to my ligaments. At least he confirmed I didn't break any bones.

Surferboy567

Today, I ran the first of my 5K races in the Virtual Series challenge. It has been about 2 months since my last race. I am also happy to report that during this race I PR’ed! Not bad for just coming off an injury.

Here are the results:

Time: 34:30
Distance: 3.12
Avg Pace: 11:03

This takes the record away from my last outdoor 5K the Star Wars Rival Run 5K which was done in 35:14. It also takes the record away from my fastest indoor treadmill run which was held by the Princess 5K which was done in 34:51.

Last year, I also ran the challenge and for the first 5K of that challenge the Mad Tea Party 5K which was run inside on the treadmill which I completed in 49:29.

JillC LI

Went for my MRI on Friday, then went for a beautiful (albeit still painful) 3 mile run around the lake on Saturday as I awaited the results. Good news-bad news. The good news is that I do not have a detachment of my hamstring requiring surgery. The bad news is that I still have a great deal of swelling and inflammation at the attachment point nearly 5 months after my fall on the umbrella stand. Conservative treatment is to continue another 4 weeks of PT (with a full stop on running :( for now). If I am still in pain then steroid injection by guided ultrasound. Sigh. I may go crazy not running at all for a month. Freaking umbrella stand!!!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Went for my MRI on Friday, then went for a beautiful (albeit still painful) 3 mile run around the lake on Saturday as I awaited the results. Good news-bad news. The good news is that I do not have a detachment of my hamstring requiring surgery. The bad news is that I still have a great deal of swelling and inflammation at the attachment point nearly 5 months after my fall on the umbrella stand. Conservative treatment is to continue another 4 weeks of PT (with a full stop on running :( for now). If I am still in pain then steroid injection by guided ultrasound. Sigh. I may go crazy not running at all for a month. Freaking umbrella stand!!!!

Glad you don’t need surgery, but that really is unfortunate that you have to give up running for a month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom