What did you do?

dreamfinder

Done a few runs outside. In the dark. And the cold. And I like it. 2 and change each time, same 7:50ish each time. I have come to the conclusion I need to find socks that go higher than my ankles though. That gap between low cut socks and the bottom of running tights gets chilly.

1st run in almost 3 weeks. My dad passed away suddenly on Christmas Eve and I have been eating my feelings for 2 weeks. Felt good to be running, and also be outside.
Condolences. Glad running was able to help at least a little.

JillC LI

Hi everyone. Just playing a bit of catchup on here. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.
I started out 2021 like I do every year - with a run that is unusually long for me. This year it was 11.1 miles, and I was pretty pleased with myself considering I hadn't gone more than 8.5 in the prior year. I flirted with finishing off a half marathon since I was pretty confident I had it in me, but I didn't want to do any damage to my body so I restrained myself.

I haven't been down to the Lake trail to run since COVID hit, but DD was heading back to college today and begged me for us to run there together, so I gave in this morning as long as we both wore masks. Breathing turned out not to be an issue, but the foggy glasses were annoying, and the inability to blow my endlessly runny allergy-induced nose was a problem. But it was so nice enjoying that view by the Lake. I'll miss having my DD as my short-run running partner now that she's back at school.

We used to have an Ultra runner on here who never trained for Dopey. But he ran 20 miles almost every day. :)
I wonder what Nick is up to these days. Too bad he disappeared on us.
1st run in almost 3 weeks. My dad passed away suddenly on Christmas Eve and I have been eating my feelings for 2 weeks. Felt good to be running, and also be outside.
I'm really sorry about your dad.

Surferboy567

Just did my maintenance walk as per the training plan. Was a super slow pace, just wanted to take it easy. Since tomorrow is the half. I had to record it in two separate workouts. So my data, is split between two separate files.

Time: 56:83
Distance: 3.02
Pace: 18:32-19:00

Once again, really didn’t want to put too much strain on the legs because of tomorrow so I took it easy.

As for tomorrow, I am aiming to run it the best I can (probably around a 12:30-13:00) pace. It is my first half marathon ever so I don’t really know what to expect in terms of pacing. It could be faster then projections. I’ll do the best I can. Don’t want to feel like the 10K where I overdid it.

Surferboy567

Just like that the WDW Half is in the books. It was a lot more pleasant then I thought it would be. Didn’t have too many problems till the last 1.5 miles where then the distance was starting to make me tired.

Here are the stats:

Time: 02:40:43
Distance: 13.14
Avg Pace: 12:14

Mile 1: 12:02
Mile 2: 11:56
Mile 3: 11:58
Mile 4: 11:48
Mile 5: 11:53
Mile 6: 12:32
Mile 7: 12:32
Mile 8: 12:19
Mile 9: 12:22
Mile 10: 12:04
Mile 11: 12:47
Mile 12: 12:29
Mile 13: 12:29

This being my first half ever it is naturally a automatic PR for this distance. This will now be the baseline for half marathon distances to compare to in the future. Overall, I am extremely happy with these numbers. I really tried my best and didn’t feel queasy like I did during the 10K. For not being “properly” trained for the half this makes these numbers even more impressive (only 12 weeks into Fairytale Challenge training). Excited for the medals! With that, I am going to take a nice long rest.

Side Note: I regret not getting the shirts but it’s fine I am getting all the Star Wars ones when that weekend happens.

EDIT: The weather conditions were super ideal for this a little cold but such a perfect day for this virtual run.

Last edited:

Figment82

Just like that the WDW Half is in the books. It was a lot more pleasant then I thought it would be. Didn’t have too many problems till the last 1.5 miles where then the distance was starting to make me tired.

Here are the stats:

Time: 02:40:43
Distance: 13.14
Avg Pace: 12:14

Mile 1: 12:02
Mile 2: 11:56
Mile 3: 11:58
Mile 4: 11:48
Mile 5: 11:53
Mile 6: 12:32
Mile 7: 12:32
Mile 8: 12:19
Mile 9: 12:22
Mile 10: 12:04
Mile 11: 12:47
Mile 12: 12:29
Mile 13: 12:29

This being my first half ever it is naturally a automatic PR for this distance. This will now be the baseline for half marathon distances to compare to in the future. Overall, I am extremely happy with these numbers. I really tried my best and didn’t feel queasy like I did during the 10K. For not being “properly” trained for the half this makes these numbers even more impressive (only 12 weeks into Fairytale Challenge training). Excited for the medals! With that, I am going to take a nice long rest.

Side Note: I regret not getting the shirts but it’s fine I am getting all the Star Wars ones when that weekend happens.

EDIT: The weather conditions were super ideal for this a little cold but such a perfect day for this virtual run.
Awesome job!!

Surferboy567

Big post incoming:

Today, after all the craziness of the WDW Marathon Weekend I am finally back on schedule for Fairytale Challenge training. This is now week #13 into training. Thankfully, it is also a recovery week. I can’t believe how well the marathon races slotted into my training.

Since I just ran my first half on Saturday, today’s run was tough. I had some soreness in my legs that bothered me throughout the maintenance run. I kept going though and finished today’s run. Little more then a 5K distance.

Time: 42:40
Distance: 3.23
Avg Pace: 13:13

I imagine I just need a little more rest after the half. The soreness will eventually subside. I will keep on the training plan now all the way till the fairytale challenge.

...Speaking of races, and the new year just beginning, I wanted to post about my upcoming races. Here are all the races I am currently scheduled to run.

Race #1- Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon- This is the one run I am unclear when I will run. Right now, the plan is to run it two weeks before Princess as my training plan dictates. We will see though, don’t want to hurt myself before the challenge. It all depends on how I am feeling and the weather. For now, though this should be my next race right before Princess. Could change later. I am already training for the Kessel run right after Princess so it wouldn’t be hard to slot this race in.

Race #2- Princess 5K (Official Race Date February 19th) - I plan to run this on the specific day. Weather however, is always a factor I have to consider so I may move it around if weather doesn’t agree with the dates.

Race #3 and 4- Fairytale Challenge (Official Race Date February 20 & 21th)- Similar to the 5K I plan to run this also on the specific day back to back just like the challenge dictates. Weather however, is a constant thing I must be aware of it, so I may move dates around if I have to (I’ll try my best though to run these on the day).

Race #5- Rival Run 5K (Official Race Date April 16th)- I will once again, try running it as close to the day that I can. Hopefully I’ll be able to do it on the day.

Race #6 and 7 - Rival Run/Kessel Run Challenge (Official Race Date April 17 & 18th)- I will try running it as close to the day as I can (if not on the day). Days may have to be moved slightly but I will honor the challenge.

Completed Races so far (2021):

WDW 10K (12:00 Avg Pace) January 2nd
WDW Half (12:16 Avg Pace) January 9th

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom