What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
5 miles this morning - my longest and farthest run this year. All while listening to an “interview“ with Joanie Benoît Samuelson by her daughter; very appropriate for Mother‘s Day I thought. Then I came home and my daughter made me brunch, with Mickey and heart shaped pancakes.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the other mother runners out there 😊

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
5 miles this morning - my longest and farthest run this year. All while listening to an “interview“ with Joanie Benoît Samuelson by her daughter; very appropriate for Mother‘s Day I thought. Then I came home and my daughter made me brunch, with Mickey and heart shaped pancakes.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the other mother runners out there 😊

Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

OG Runner

4.26 miles at a 12:04 pace yesterday afternoon. It was absolutely pouring. Unfortunately, the temperatures stayed steady.
I was cooking in my rain jacket to the point where I just dropped the hood for the last 3 miles.

OG Runner

I have been surprised at how far out races have been moved. You look at Boston from April to September. I imagine they
just want to feel safe and still hope for a good turn out.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
3 miles late this afternoon.

I have to admit, I preferred running during our confinement: very few other users of the sidewalks (I’m thinking of you several clueless selfie takers who walk backwards while focusing on their selfie, or you the stupid people who continue to walk while texting) and very few cars (so rarely if at all did I have to stop when I got to a street). And this is in cooler and overcast weather ... I hope it doesn’t get even worse next week when the weather improves.

Figment82

It’s so great to see everyone getting out there, despite the circumstances! I woke up early today and got my 4 miles in, but the humidity was so bad, it was making it a little hard to breathe. At least it was overcast - now it’s a beautiful blue sky and a “feels like” temperature of 95. 😐 Thanks Florida...

I’ve noticed that the other runners in my neighborhood are very conscientious about staying out of each other’s way. Then there are the people just out and about who are basically all up in your face. I had one couple yell out to me that I didn’t need to run away from them when I crossed the street to give them some distance. 🤦‍♀️

OG Runner

Ya it’s awful but I’ve gotten used to it down here. So when I run elsewhere where it’s cool I notice my times are so much better since I’ve trained on the sun lol

Yeah, I ran into just the opposite this year at Disney. I came from the Northeast in January, 20s & low 30s, then on race day
in Florida it was 85 degrees with high humidity. I did not work well for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom