What did you do?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I do something similar. I tend to run for about 12 mins or so (just about a mile for me depending on what condition I'm in) and then I'll walk 2-3. 15 minutes overall makes it easy to calculate. Although I can run longer periods (as in I am capable of running an hour nonstop) I end up slowing down considerably so this interval works best for me on long distances and is overall a faster pace because I am more consistent in my running period.

my trainer wants me to run straight through no matter how slow I am. It's kind of frustrating, but kind of empowering. I did a 10k back in April without walking. My next long run is 8 miles on the 12th - we'll see if I can make it w/o walking.

RunningKoen

I personally believe that aiming on longer runs without breaks is a good way to improve aswell, as it keeps your pace, cadans and heartbeat the same. In the end, it's about finding the pace & heartbeat that you can maintain as endurance.

What I did: back workout :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
my trainer wants me to run straight through no matter how slow I am. It's kind of frustrating, but kind of empowering. I did a 10k back in April without walking. My next long run is 8 miles on the 12th - we'll see if I can make it w/o walking.

I've been in training groups that prefer that, and I humor them and do it when we are in a collective training. But when I know that in long distances (10k and more) my overall speed is faster the way I do it, I stick to what works for me. For shorter distances, it really doesn't make a difference in my overall speed.

JillC LI

I've always been a run straight through kind of runner. Nothing wrong with walk breaks but it was always a personal goal for me to be able to run whatever distance I was trying to complete without stopping. I may even go slower overall without the walk breaks but it's just a thing I force myself to do. Even for my marathon.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well, training...and gym on delay. Woke up yesterday and my left knee was painful. Bruise showed up today. When did I whack my knee?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
set my alarm for 445am for a Friday morning long run and I just couldn't get out of bed. It's "been a week" and I even took a personal day off from work. Going to try for 45-60mins either tomorrow AM or Sunday AM

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Saturday - ran to the gym - 1.2 @ 11:26/mi - did full body workout (45 mins) - ran home 1.3 @ 12:08/mi
Sunday - REST
Today - 2.9 @ 13/mi w/stomach issues

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom