What did you do?

RunningKoen

Took a few days rest after severe soreness in my back and legs. My workout last sunday and monday weren't that intense or extreme, so my body needed it.

Had a great comeback with a nice chest session today. :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Still nursing my leg - I'm 99% sure it's IT band syndrome...foam rolling seems to temporarily help.
took the weekend off - I was being lazy and being a baby about my leg

Today - 45mins on the arc trainer/elliptical

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Still nursing my leg - I'm 99% sure it's IT band syndrome...foam rolling seems to temporarily help.
took the weekend off - I was being lazy and being a baby about my leg

Today - 45mins on the arc trainer/elliptical

IT band problems manafest themselves in the knee, not the calf. That's why many runners think they have a knee injury, when it's really their IT band. If your initial pain was in the calf and you experienced the kind of pain following your injury, I think you've strained your calf. Are you wearing a calf brace or ace bandage when you run or work out? That will help the muscle heal.

Here's a good article about calf strains....

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/calf-strain

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
IT band problems manafest themselves in the knee, not the calf. That's why many runners think they have a knee injury, when it's really their IT band. If your initial pain was in the calf and you experienced the kind of pain following your injury, I think you've strained your calf. Are you wearing a calf brace or ace bandage when you run or work out? That will help the muscle heal.

Here's a good article about calf strains....

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/calf-strain

The pain in on the outside of my knee...not in the calf actually. My calf was sore from compensating/limping I'm sure. Foam rolling my IT band helps the pain but if it's not better by the end of the week I'm going to the doc.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The pain in on the outside of my knee...not in the calf actually. My calf was sore from compensating/limping I'm sure. Foam rolling my IT band helps the pain but if it's not better by the end of the week I'm going to the doc.

Ah, I was thinking that you mentioned the pain you felt in your calf while running and the next day as the only site of pain. Given that the pain you feel is on the outside of the knee, yeah, it's most likely IT band. Good idea about going to the doctor. He/she can give you more therapies to do and make sure it's nothing more serious than that.

RunningKoen

Slept at work ( some students needed to sleep over and supervision was required).So I used our own gym a lot ^^

Ordered and eat a pizza at 22:00. Worked out at 22:10 (full body)
Played hide and seek in an empty and dark school building (counts as cardio, doesn't it?) at midnight.

Spent the entire night trying to get the students to sleep, and after that, spending 20 minutes to get them out of bed @ 5 AM. (schooltrip at 06.00 am).

After they left, another workout (full body) at 07 AM. Working the entire day till 6 PM. I'm officialy broken. But best day ever :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Went to the chiro yesterday - said my L3 was affecting my knee - snap, crackle, pop back into place and what-do-ya-know...I feel better. Still haven't been cleared to run yet but I see him again tomorrow.

Today - quickfit/circuit

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
going back to the chiro today - knee is better(ish) but still not 100% and hurts with activity.

Might swim/elliptical after depending on what he says

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom