What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Do you use an app that automatically figures your splits or are you on a treadmill and just changing your speeds? I'm so new to all of this LOL

There are several apps that can track your run - MapMyRun, Runkeeper and Strava are the most popular. My Fitbit Ionic records my laps - 1 mile splits - on an outdoors run and includes the overall pace and heart rate for each mile. And a map of the run. Here's the Princess Half...

Screenshot_20180328-091536.jpg

It does not, though, provide the level of detail @dreamfinder posts for his treadmill runs - I'm sure that's from an app like the ones I mentioned connected to a fitness watch.

RunningKoen

Do you use an app that automatically figures your splits or are you on a treadmill and just changing your speeds? I'm so new to all of this LOL

I have a GPS watch, who can track my pace but also my distance. If I would, I could make a split based on distance or time, when doing interval.

When I started, I used some site's to measure out the basic routes around my house. If you know how long a simple round is, you can start intervalling. Tracking your time with a stopwatch is all you need.

My workplace has keys to a running track, which is just heaven

dreamfinder

2.68@1, pace went from 8 to 6:48 min/mile, pace increase every .2 miles.

Most of the time I am on a treadmill changing speeds, especially when they are neat numbers. But if I'm outside, I do/track splits in my head. Yeah, the run will be tracked either by RunKeeper and or my Garmin, but if I'm not doing a steady pace (or hills, or trails, etc) I need to know what I'm doing in advance. Once in a while just for fun I'll do whatever workout RunKeeper is pushing on a given day and go off it's prompts, but that's rare.

Texas84

I've been AWOL. Up north freezing. Good to be back home where it's warm. Didn't run but did plenty of walking. My right foot has been in bad shape but did 9 miles Saturday and survived. Weights on Sunday. Actually better today.

RunningKoen

I've been AWOL. Up north freezing. Good to be back home where it's warm. Didn't run but did plenty of walking. My right foot has been in bad shape but did 9 miles Saturday and survived. Weights on Sunday. Actually better today.
Any idea whats wrong with the foot? Hoping it will be okay before dark side :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Monday - personal training - ran 2.49 on the treadmill at 13:48 pace - SLOW and steady! + upper body weights
Tuesday more crap outside - ran on treadmill 1.92 @ 14:37 pace, 10 mins on arc trainer & 5 mins rowing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom